The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I seem to remember CPMary with the same sort of hair-do at Pr. Charles' birthday party? Correct me if I am wrong...
That's true! Mary opted for an 'Early Twenties' overall look though, with dress and jewelry matching the hairstyle.
Which is not the case here, to put it very mildly.
Marlene Dietrich is turning in her grave because yet another woman who wasn't made for it is wearing her pants, and the Cookie Monster is missing his fur.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like her hair, makeup, and earrings. The rest of the outfit-not so much. I like the purple color, but the jacket is just too cartoonish. It doesn't flatter her at all, and creates a very wide silhouette that no woman wants.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just hate purple!! RARELY do I see the color and like it. The only 2 things that redeem this to me is the hairstyle and tutti frutti bracelet. ( which does not match the earrings) I'm not getting this!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I hate this outfit It looks very unflattering on Maxima. I like her hairdo, though.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

What the devil is going with that fluffy thing?The colour is one thing the "style" is another love her hate the jacket.....
Old 06-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Cookie monster nothing. That does not do that horror justice at all.

As I said in another thread she looks like she's been attacked by a cross between a purple shag rug and a wooly mammoth.

And oh dear god, it just keeps getting worse! (Thanks to Athikavalentine for finding the ANP photo)

What, did she allow her pet monkey to put on her makeup? (Not that she has one, but that's the only thing I could think of.)

My husband says that she looks like a baboon and the only thing missing is the red butt..... I assume she could wear red pants and complete his image..... (I'm laughing so hard at the moment I am crying.)
Old 06-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Purple Máxi Monster maybe? It looks like she's going to be swallowed up by the thing if she moves the wrong way...
Old 06-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Majesty

Women are said to use clothes to express their emotions and inner feelings. I wonder what has been going on in Crown Princess Maxima's life that prompted her to make an odd choice such as the overwhelming fury jacket ... At the same time, I have to say that hairstyle was nice.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Oh dear. Not much else to say. She Is a large woman, but she does not need to dress to accentuate the fact.
I seem to remember CPMary with the same sort of hair-do at Pr. Charles' birthday party? Correct me if I am wrong...
Mary did not need her roots done, nor was she wearing a clown outfit. I just do not get Maxima, she is getting worse as time goes on. I have never understood her wearing gold or silver lame in the daytime which she seems to love to do. She is so over the top anymore and not getting it right at all.
This one just floors me about what in the world is she thinking. I am sure glad she is not the Queen! If I was a subject I would be mortified to see her representing my country like she looks tonight. The makeup alone is just totally overdone. Come on Maxima get some help!!! Quickly!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh heavens above! I love purple and even I cant find something positive about that monstrosity!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

my goodnes, she looks like a clown, owful , she needs help may be i jst only like alone the earings! but this is it!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Nobility

This outfit is really horrible. This is a perfect example in which taking a risk was a huge mistake. This outfit looks clownish. However, I can find two positive parts of this ensemble at least in my opinion - the hairstyle and earrings.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Troonopvolgers!: In Amsterdam.

The jacket looks horrible!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 05:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear - until I saw a close up, I hadn't even noticed the Las Vegas showgirl eye make up.
With a dye job like hers, even the hair style doesn't work. I see pool hair blonde dye, milk chocolate brown dye, and the mousy-grey roots in the parting... not exactly appealing.
I'd say this is really the worst she has ever looked. And she didn't even go to the circus and scared the lions to death, but went to visit a 'Treasures of the St. Petersburg Heremitage' exhibition with the Russian President in attendance... who might have been scared to death as well.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Nobility

I must honestly say that the purple 'jacket' did look much better on tv then it does on the pictures.
On the pictures it looks much bigger then it in reality was I think.
On tv the whole ensemble looked better.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Reina Máxima - Novedades
Old 06-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

the day before she looked lovely,

when you need to go to the hairdresser to colour your hair, clean and fluffy works best. With the blue jacket she has gel or something in her hair which accentuates the outgrowth and makes her hair look dirty.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The blue outfit was absolutely awful. Her make up was horrible, too. The only nice thing about the outfit was the hairdo.
Anyway so far this outfit is leading my "Worst Outfit worn by a Royal in 2009" list.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
The blue outfit was absolutely awful. Her make up was horrible, too. The only nice thing about the outfit was the hairdo.
Anyway so far this outfit is leading my "Worst Outfit worn by a Royal in 2009" list.
Yeah the hair was the only best bit. Your quite right Her_Majesty I think that outfit has a good chance of winning aswell.
The make-up is too in your face, the earings shouldn't have been big and dangly, small and simple as should the coat have been.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtikavalentine View Post

SWEET....BABY...JESUS.

She looks like Barney's mama!

Closed Thread