Crown Princess Maxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: December 2009 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Crown Princess Maxima's Fashion & Style Part 4
The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Marmi, TheTruth & dazzling

The long sweater is a nice piece if left open matched with nice pants/skirt/dress.
The whole look of Maxima today is just wrong and doesnt work nor is/was fashionable.

I like the jacket quite much. But neither the shoes nor the tights are my cup of tea.;)

Nice enough, classic jacket - everything else is quite dreadful.
The combo of three-quarter length pants (which should anyway be banned world wide, apart from holidays on remote islands) with checkered tights and this kind of shoe looks slightly idiotic.

I can't make head or tails out of this outfit. I think for once, I don't like any of the pieces. I don't like the brass buttons on the black jacket, nor the black 3/4 pants (which I love otherwise). But, these pants are suited for a warmer climate as well as a more casual setting. I don't even want to talk about the shoes/boots and the stockings, except that one shouldn't wear that sort of combination and get out of the house.

Here's another full length view added to the ppe gallery - although seeing more of the outfit means liking it even less, IMO.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Rotterdam

If she hadn't worn the tights the overall outfit would've been much better. I esp liked the jacket. The cut suit her well

Good God. I thought she couldn't top that horrid purple outfit from earlier this year but this takes the cake. Maxi dear you have fat legs; those tights only emphasize this. :bang:

This is a "thumbs down" outfit to me. The cropped pants plus the patterned tights are bad. The jacket, I like and I agree, Maxima should either have worn long trousers or a skirt. Cropped pants are for warm weather and casual, I have them, but they shouldn't be worn to formal appearances and in winter.

The military styled black jacket with gold buttons is very becoming on CP Maxima, I especially like the bold gold hoop earrings she wore with it. Knickers, lattice tights, platform booties, ALL bad choices IMO.

What an odd outfit. Royal women should avoid these patterned stockings in general. They just don't look very regal imo and almost never work with an outfit.

The long sweater is a nice piece if left open matched with nice pants/skirt/dress.
The whole look of Maxima today is just wrong and doesnt work nor is/was fashionable.
Actually this look is quite the style in all the upscale New York and Chicago stores -- I personally don't care for it, especially if the model isn't extremely slender -- but Maxima's stylist really is up on the current trend. I believe that it would be better worn by the 15 to 25 year old crowd.

That outfit is quite awful the whole thing looks like a joke IMO I cannot believe she would wear such a thing....

The coat by itself is okay, but I really do not like these stockings and shorts/pants/whatever. The bottom half of the outfit really looks strange, IMO.

Here's another full length view added to the ppe gallery - although seeing more of the outfit means liking it even less, IMO.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Rotterdam
OMGoodness!!!! This is just YUCK! She looks like she should be homeless in this outfit! Was it just one of those days that she said "let's wear everything in my closet". She just needs to burn those pants and the leg wear.

OMGoodness!!!! This is just YUCK! She looks like she should be homeless in this outfit! Was it just one of those days that she said "let's wear everything in my closet". She just needs to burn those pants and the leg wear.

Oh dear...what was she thinking? Seems like she is trying too hard to be fashionable.

Top part nice, bottom part :yuk:
Knickerbocker style with plaid tights looks bizarre, did she play too much golf lately.

Tell me why Royal woman should not wear these kind of stockings`? I defenitely notice that in case of fashion many people are thinking here quite oldfashioned. What a pitty.

What an odd outfit. Royal women should avoid these patterned stockings in general. They just don't look very regal imo and almost never work with an outfit.

Because most of the time they don't look very good.

Last edited:
The stockings looked simply awful with the pants. :huh:

Maybe the stockings would work with a skirt... but they just didn't match the shape of the pants at all.
I also don't think that the pants looked especially flattering on Máxima.

Máxima today:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09120809.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09120810.jpg

Maxima looks nice, I like the shade of red but it's too much red, at least one of the accessories should have been black or so.

But all in all thank god she did not pull a Letizia and wear red stockings, so I am not complaining.

Thanks for the pictures.

I liked the dress alot sans the pinkish cardigan, chunky necklace, and the red handbag. Shoes were fine with the dress, but with all the other matchy matchy items, the overall look was OTT. Maxima needs to be told that sometimes less is more or as Coco Chanel said most aptly "when accesorizing, always take off the last thing you put on." In this case, the last, second and third to the last as well.

Tell me why Royal woman should not wear these kind of stockings`? I defenitely notice that in case of fashion many people are thinking here quite oldfashioned. What a pitty.

Why is it a pity if someone is "old fashioned"? Is that considered an insult? A lot of items considered "old fashioned" are making a comeback. Items my mom wore back in the seventies are now in fashion, such as long skirts, big patterns etc. In fact, in one fashion magazine I saw shoulder pads as "in" (shuddering..).

Personally, I would take the "old fashioned" items and classics that I feel look good on me over blindly following "modern fashion" and wearing clothes that don't even look good on the skinny model. Just blindly following the wagon labeled fashion isn't really fashion, its what you make of it, its knowing what suits your body and looks good on you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this red outfit. The deep cherry colour is beautiful on Maxima, and the cut of the dress looks really nice on her figure.

Why is it a pity if someone is "old fashioned"? Is that considered an insult? A lot of items considered "old fashioned" are making a comeback. Items my mom wore back in the seventies are now in fashion, such as long skirts, big patterns etc. In fact, in one fashion magazine I saw shoulder pads as "in" (shuddering..).

Personally, I would take the "old fashioned" items and classics that I feel look good on me over blindly following "modern fashion" and wearing clothes that don't even look good on the skinny model. Just blindly following the wagon labeled fashion isn't really fashion, its what you make of it, its knowing what suits your body and looks good on you.

Thumbs up, pdas1201. Very well said. I think one shouldn't confuse classic elegance with "old fashioned". Elegance and some sparkle from time to time, that's what I expect from a Princess (that doesn't mean that I only want to see them in pastels and gloves). But Princesses are Princesses and not models IMHO. :flowers:

The red dress is one of her few lovely simple dresses. The fit is just perfect so is the color. The cardigan was worn over the shoulders like an 80year old which was a pitty and it was abit too much red with the dress. The necklace looked okay but maybe if it was in a different color.

Although I like Maxima with strong color fashionwise, I felt this was too much red. Black, Charcoal, or Brown would have been a nice introduction to break up the massive infusion of color, IMO. Too much of a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom