The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

The dress wasn't the best choice but her makeup and hair looked good. I'm almost scared to see what she'll turn up in at Victoria's wedding... 

Old 03-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I urge Crown Princess Mathilde and Crown Princess Maxima to abandon Natan because ensembles display progressive decline in tailoring and quality of material.
Couldn't have said it better. I totally agree.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
The dress wasn't the best choice but her makeup and hair looked good. I'm almost scared to see what she'll turn up in at Victoria's wedding... 
I'm hoping Maxima will turn up looking gorgeous as she has at Royal Weddings.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Courtier

Oh no... what did she think when she got dressed in this outfit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I'm hoping Maxima will turn up looking gorgeous as she has at Royal Weddings.
Yes, I hope so too. She often shows her best outfits, make-up and hair at big events.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
It reminds me of a weird patterened and ill fitting dress of princess Mathilde. I suppose Eduard Vermeulen of Natan is responsible for this one again. I wish he would install some mirrors in his atelier so the royal ladies can see what his clothes are doing to them.

Mathilde's outfit: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...3/95816627.jpg
I like the dress on Mathilde.

This dress of Maxima is not flattering at all.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
This outfit is awful.
The darker color around he waist/belly makes her look pregnant.
The only thing I like is her so beautiful smile
Maybe she is pregnant....
I for one wouldn't be surprised if a fourth pregnancy would be forthcoming....
Old 03-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the dress is all right, pattern much better than the one Mathilde is wearing, do not like the silver coat and as usual she has gone overboard with the bronzer and thick mascara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
It reminds me of a weird patterened and ill fitting dress of princess Mathilde. I suppose Eduard Vermeulen of Natan is responsible for this one again. I wish he would install some mirrors in his atelier so the royal ladies can see what his clothes are doing to them.

Mathilde's outfit: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...3/95816627.jpg
Old 03-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maxima usually shuts it down for Big events like weddings etc. It seems to me that the day or more casual evening looks have really lost something in the last year.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Nobility

NO NO NO!!!! This is just terrible on Maxima. The pattern on the dress looks like it chops her into 3 pieces. The sequin jacket is terrible. The only good thing I can say is that blue and silver are pretty colors on her, and her clutch bag looked nice. She is such a pretty lady, I just wish she would dress better. Such a shame to see unattractive clothes on her (or anyone for that matter).
Old 03-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Maxima usually shuts it down for Big events like weddings etc. It seems to me that the day or more casual evening looks have really lost something in the last year.
I agree, she has dressed quite elegantly for very formal occasions and looks terrific. It is day looks that for the most part, have been utter disasters.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post

I think that she dressed more thoughtfully during the first few years of her marriage. A bright, fresh elegance. Lately it seems that she has thrown caution (and her stylist?) to the winds and dresses (particularly in the daytime) to please herself and to hell with what anyone else thinks! Perhaps it reflects a kind of security in her role as wife and crown princess.. Which is good. But it certainly has been more "miss" than "hit" in the last few years. Much, much more.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosana View Post
I think that she dressed more thoughtfully during the first few years of her marriage. A bright, fresh elegance. Lately it seems that she has thrown caution (and her stylist?) to the winds and dresses (particularly in the daytime) to please herself and to hell with what anyone else thinks! Perhaps it reflects a kind of security in her role as wife and crown princess.. Which is good. But it certainly has been more "miss" than "hit" in the last few years. Much, much more.
I have read several times that in the first years the court was more involved with the wardrobe of the princesses. I believe princess Laurentien even commented on that in an interview.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosana View Post
I think you might be on to something here. Not to mention, that we get to a certain age (like I and Maxima are at now) and you are more okay with who you are and who you've become and you do take a few risks here and there. Now I'm not saying I like the last outfit, quite the contrary, I think it's hideous! As many on this forum know, I am not a fan of shiny fabrics, so there's one strike for me. Another strike would be the cut and design of the dress, it's frankly just awful.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I agree, she has dressed quite elegantly for very formal occasions and looks terrific. It is day looks that for the most part, have been utter disasters.
I have to agree. She really needs to concentrate on flattering styles for her figure and to adopt a neat but casual hairstyle for day events.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's actually easier to dress when you stick to what looks good on you. Keeping things classic but throwing in your own twist is always what I think looks best. When you look at women who have had great style, they seem to do just this. When Maxima does this she shines, and I miss this!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Maxima attending the poppodium P60 today; wearing a very shiny fuchsia top with matching shoes and grey pants.

Full Length
Close-up Top

Old 03-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the top and pants. The top is unique and I love that Maxima wears bright colors. As for the shoes I think she can take some pointers from Mary and Mette-Merit.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Maxima attending the poppodium P60 today; wearing a very shiny fuchsia top with matching shoes and grey pants.

Full Length
Close-up Top
From a distnace the top color actually looks good with the pants dark color but up close it is way too bright but I like the detailing of the bow on the front.
I think a bit of longer tops would look better on Maxima.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Nobility

Now this is a much better look for CP Maxima. I love that beautiful color on her. The outfit looked really good on her. The shoes were FABULOUS. I disliked the bow on the top, but overall I think she looked really beautiful. Big improvement from her last outfit we saw.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Typical Natan crap. A good color ruined by the choice of glossy, stiff fabric as usual, the short cut of the top is as unflattering for Maxima's figure as usual, the seam detailing badly made as usual, and she has no hairdo with split ends all over the place as usual.
The combo is not as bad as some of the other ugly Natan stuff, but unfortunately still bad enough.

Closed Thread