Crown Princess Maxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: December 2009 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxima attended the opening of the flowergarden De Keukenhof in Lisse today.

Full length
Close-up

I like the coat itself... but the whole look is a little strange to me, because the coat is quite wintery, while the shoes are summery peep-toes (or even sandals). The shoes are really ugly (I hate the clunky heels).

Last edited:
Love the coat, and the hair. :)
But the shoes look awful and tacky. :sad:

Coat and hair are good but the shoes and earrings are tacky... she should have worn black shoes instead.

I agree the coat is to die for but the shoes are horrible and I also totally agree that heels on them are not flattering and whilst I see what the lok is supposed to be it has not come off because of the shoes... I like the earrings though.

Um...:rolleyes: No, I wouldn't die for this coat. Though the quality of its material is really good, it isn't worth dying... Ok, like all of you said, horrible shoes and earrings.

Full length
Close-up

I like the coat itself... but the whole look is a little strange to me, because the coat is quite wintery, while the shoes are summery peep-toes (or even sandals). The shoes are really ugly (I hate the clunky heels).
I like the coat ,nice and original imo.But I dislike earrings and shoes,although I love the colour of the shoes....:flowers:

I was surprised not to hear anything about Maxima's hair. I think it was messier than usual.

I like this coat. This type of print is normally one I don't like but it looks great on Maxima. Really don't like the shoes though - maybe need a different colour?

Coat is good, I always liked this coat. I happen to love the shoes, but not for 3 months, with a summer dress or suit, not on a cold day!

Awful sandals indeed (in any season), ugly 'matching' (color-wise) earrings, and a perfectly terrible hair do(n't):
Obviously a desperate big bird gave up on nest-building and dropped the ruin on Maxima's head.
The bold coat is a fashion risk to begin with, and IMHO would look elegant only when combined with the exact opposite of what Maxima chose: Understated accessories, simple hairdo, black or neutral shoes.

Agree with everyone else that the shoes would look better with spring colours. I understand she was trying to bring out the light blue in the coat with the shoes and earrings but it's just not working. I do like the colour of the shoes though.

Awful sandals indeed (in any season), ugly 'matching' (color-wise) earrings, and a perfectly terrible hair do(n't):
Obviously a desperate big bird gave up on nest-building and dropped the ruin on Maxima's head.
The bold coat is a fashion risk to begin with, and IMHO would look elegant only when combined with the exact opposite of what Maxima chose: Understated accessories, simple hairdo, black or neutral shoes.

I think the coat is very Mary-ish, and I agree is rather pretty and that neutral shoes would have been wonderful, However I dont think it is to die for, is plain pretty the fur kinda ruins it.

The hair is an utter mess, Princess Maxima insists in dieng her hair blonde when it isn't so she ends up with those terrible roots and looking cheap. Not to mention is constantly out of place

I rather like the coat myself. But when you look at the closeup of the shoes they look (remind you that I said look) cheap. I love the color of them since they coordinate with the coat but not the shoe itself.

Full length
Close-up

I don't like the coat - it looks like flower power-style in an awful way to me. But the coat could have looked better, at least original, if not these shoes...
All elements together - coat, shoes, earrings - is just too much, JMO.

One thing that can't be denied; she wears the clothes. The clothes don't wear her. Which a lot of the princesses fail at. The clothes wear them.

22-03-2010 Assen Princess Maxima at the start of the national ‘Day
for Change Classaction’ at the Vincent van Gogh school in Assen.

PPE Agency

:previous:
I like it, but without those boots. In my opinion classic high heels would have looked better.

I like the dress and the chunky grey necklace. :)

The outfit wouldve looked much better without the chunky necklace, earings and the boots. Heels wouldve made the biggest difference.
Hair wouldve looked nice in a ponytail.

This is a nice outfit. I love the coat over the dress. Why the grey shoes tho?

The outfit wouldve looked much better without the chunky necklace, earings and the boots. Heels wouldve made the biggest difference.
Hair wouldve looked nice in a ponytail.

I agree, in my opinion the boots kills this outfit. And I like the red suit but those tights :ohmy:

Yes agree the red is divine on her and the shoes are lovely. I thougt the christening outfit left a lot to be desired boring actually IMO, but this red I love.

I like the jacket a lot. The rest looks ok, but these shoes are awful IMO.

:previous:

If this was for a morning event I don't think this dress is appropiate. The dress and jacket looks nice on Maxima. But the sparkly dress is not for this event. IMO this outfit is so-so. :ermm:

i like the outfit but really the sparkly dress i do n ot think it is for day time, did she put on weight or it is my idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom