Crown Princess Maxima's Daytime Fashion Part 3: July - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been a fan of these fanny-pack, tourist belt thingys, but her purple ski outfit is very lovely. The color is gorgeous.

I love the Benito Fernandez black and white outfit. It is so elegant! I would love to see Maxima recycle this look. It looks amazing on her. The Catherine Malandrino dress was also very pretty. I like that particular shade of green.

She looks lovely.
The jacket and the pants are very nice, and I love her bracelets :flowers:
Her hair looks pretty as well.

Maxima and the family always looks so good in bright colors!!! Wonder if she'll wear an orange dress on her coronation?

04-09-2009 Soesterberg Princess Maxima visited the Civil Military Cooperation Bataljon (CIMIC-bataljon) of the Royal Army in Soesterberg.
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Unfortunately, I couldn't find bigger pic.

I think that Maxima looks really lovely in white. This jacket is pretty, and I like the way that the trousers are cut. The flowy style leg looks nice on her figure.

04-09-2009 Soesterberg Princess Maxima visited the Civil Military Cooperation Bataljon (CIMIC-bataljon) of the Royal Army in Soesterberg.
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Unfortunately, I couldn't find bigger pic.
Lovely outfit. Maxima always looks nice with this kind of jacket, they really suit her, IMO.:flowers:
She looks very elegant, the jacket and the trousers are a great combination.

The fabrics of the outfit dont look top of the quality, skirt is flattering but the fabric looks like a stiff lining. The jacket fabric looks like tweed but yet all the checked boxes on it look like a cloth. The style is very Maxima.

Hair was done lovely, very neat and looked quite elegent. the hair piece was a perfect match with the outfit, it was also placed very nicely in the back which didnt attract too much attention.

IMHO, this suit combines far too many of designer Natan’s typical shortcomings.
The inferior fabrics (cloth bathrobe on top, creased paper at the bottom), the shapeless tailoring, the unflattering bold cuff and collar detailing, the signature skirt with sloppy inverted pleats… On top of everything, it doesn't seem to fit properly and ages Princess Maxima.
Even if you care for the ‘vivid’ color (and I don’t – too much solid orange), the craftsmanship here is awful. A rather grand start to a high profile NYC tour would have deserved the use of a better designer.
The hair looks okay, though personally I don't care for asymmetrical buns worn to one side. Far better though than wearing it open and stringy.

I like the vibrant color on her, it goes great with her vibrant smile. I did not care for the style of the suit, though, it look a little cheaply done. It's nice when her hair does not fly all over though wearing it down usually makes her more youthful looking. As always, I am shocked at how bad her skin looks. on one picture Hillary Clinton and her look almost the same age!!

I like the color of this suit and the hairstyle and hat, but I don't care for the ruffled collar. It looks kind of silly, IMO.

i like the colour, hat, handbag, shoes, hairstyl;e and fascinator! anyknw knows the designer??? she looks great!

IMHO, this suit combines far too many of designer Natan’s typical shortcomings.
The inferior fabrics (cloth bathrobe on top, creased paper at the bottom), the shapeless tailoring, the unflattering bold cuff and collar detailing, the signature skirt with sloppy inverted pleats… On top of everything, it doesn't seem to fit properly and ages Princess Maxima.
Even if you care for the ‘vivid’ color (and I don’t – too much solid orange), the craftsmanship here is awful. A rather grand start to a high profile NYC tour would have deserved the use of a better designer.
The hair looks okay, though personally I don't care for asymmetrical buns worn to one side. Far better though than wearing it open and stringy.
I am in full agreement with your concise and precise opinion on Crown Princess Maxima's ensemble. Fairly speaking, I am shocked at this awkward ensemble. Sloppy craftsmanship was aggravated by a poor choice of fabric. Moreover, baggy style did nothing to favourably enhance Crown Princess Maxima's figure. It is sad to admit, but the house of Natan should address quality issues related to their products, especially worn by members of the European royal houses. The hairstyle and fascinator appear to be all right.

If Edouard Vermeulen = Natan was a Dutch designer, it would at least provide an explanation for the overuse of his clothes by Maxima.
But since he’s Belgian, there’s just no excuse – and no promotion of Dutch fashion in NYC as one of the world’s fashion capitals either.

as others already pointed out there are several shortcomings, first of all the fabric. it looks cheap, almost like papier mache, and the skirt doesn't look particulary fitted. i don't like to collar either, it looks very clownish and mumsy, imo.

i don't like the hairstyle at all, together with the ensemble it ages maxima big time, plus this updo-hairspray-festival look gives her the mother-in-law rememberance look. it won't be long until she looks like beatrix anyway, she even develops the same wrinkles, but i was hoping for a few more years of freshness. kudos for maxima though that she resist tampering with her face and stands by her natural appearance instead.

I like the colur of the suit, the hairstyle, the bag and the shoes, but I don´t like the jacket. It looks awful, IMO.

I don't like the fabric of the outfit but I like the color. The hairstyle looks awful, IMO.
The bag & shoes look pretty together.

thank you so much for the close ups, i reallike like the colour, eventhough i can not say it is red or orange, i love fascinators but this particular one, has to much fabric and not many feathers so now I can see it closer I do not really like it muvh!
the jewellery is stunning and i love the bag althoguh i am not sure this colour much with this outfit
i apreciate so much you adding this pic, thankyou

The color looks great, Maxima looks great, WA looks great... Even Hilary Clinton looks great! The fabric of the outfit, however, not so great. It looks like it was pulled out of a bin from a 2nd hand store. Is it a Natan creation? I think Maxima should stay away from his clothes.

If Edouard Vermeulen = Natan was a Dutch designer, it would at least provide an explanation for the overuse of his clothes by Maxima.
But since he’s Belgian, there’s just no excuse – and no promotion of Dutch fashion in NYC as one of the world’s fashion capitals either.
Even if we forget that Natan is Belgian, the suit is poorly tailored in my very personal opinion. Assuming that the suit in question has got a nice price tag, there is no excuse for poor craftsmanship. An attempt to combine different textures of the same colour was unsuccessful. Needless to say, shiny fabric did not help the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom