The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...rch=10-11-2009 Utrecht

Horrid.
This is 'Pretty Woman' after she got older and did NOT get her guy.
It's not an appealing look, it's far from elegant, it's not even fashionable - sorry, but it's vulgar.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Nov 10, 2009
Maxima in a grey dress matched with a brown belt, boots and a cardigan worn over her shoulders.

Picture
I like the dress with the belt, I also like the boots but not with that dress, they look weird.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
Maxima is just always over the top with her shiny, glittery fabrics during the day.
Exactly. And where does she get this kind of stuff from? I imagine you would have to look long and hard until you find a store or designer who is able to sell or design such an ugly skirt in 80's disco style. Apart from the jacket that is very nice it's an off-look, the hair looks untouched since getting out of bed.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2009/PPE09110912.jpg

The grey / brown outfit is highly unflattering, the boots are vulgar.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2009/PPE09111001.jpg
Old 11-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

OMG this is horriblehas she got a bra on the boots are too long the dress too long and too tight and the colours are so wrong together IMO
Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to say that I like brown and gray together, but I do not like this outfit on Maxima. She looks terribly sloppy and not very put together at all.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is 2 sizes too small, and the boots are 6 inches too high on her thigh. A CPrincess should NEVER wear a boot over the knee, EVER! Save those for hookers and the Playboy Mansion!
Old 11-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Exactly. And where does she get this kind of stuff from? I imagine you would have to look long and hard until you find a store or designer who is able to sell or design such an ugly skirt in 80's disco style. Apart from the jacket that is very nice it's an off-look, the hair looks untouched since getting out of bed.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2009/PPE09110912.jpg

The grey / brown outfit is highly unflattering, the boots are vulgar.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2009/PPE09111001.jpg
Have you ever noticed on official visists she at least tries to look nice. At home it is like she lost her hairbrush, just grabs whatever she can reach in the closet. She does not have good taste at all when it comes to daily wear or business wear. She is always to glittery, shiny, unflattering colors, style and her slacks never seem to fit her well. And those boots. Maxima is in need of help big time. I know she pays a ton for her clothes, yet...they look, I hate to say it but cheap. She is not the most graceful person in the world when she stands. That does not help her look.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Nov 9, 2009 - Maxima attending a congress meeting/opening.
The outfit is abit too much for a daytime event, the skirt is disco type but not sure if it is a dress or skirt. The top doesnt look bad and the jacket is not bad at all. I think this would be a pretty look if the dress/skirt was not shiny.

Picture ** Close Up
Horrible Horrible outfit.

Quote:
Nov 10, 2009
Maxima in a grey dress matched with a brown belt, boots and a cardigan worn over her shoulders.

Picture
I quite like this outfit. I do love those boots.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

Mmm, too bad, it is such a beautiful dress. First of all, grey and brown don't match, they just don't. And I would like to see this particular dress worn with a beautiful pair of high heels, not boots for God's sake!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
Have you ever noticed on official visists she at least tries to look nice. At home it is like she lost her hairbrush, just grabs whatever she can reach in the closet. She does not have good taste at all when it comes to daily wear or business wear. She is always to glittery, shiny, unflattering colors, style and her slacks never seem to fit her well. And those boots. Maxima is in need of help big time. I know she pays a ton for her clothes, yet...they look, I hate to say it but cheap. She is not the most graceful person in the world when she stands. That does not help her look.
Although I agree with you, I feel that Maxima is just herself on these "small" outings. She always looks nice when with her husband. Maybe this is just her true style. I was really surprised that she wore awful shinny nude hose with the blue glittery skirt -- I believe nude hose when out of fashion years ago and only colored or textured ones in today, if at all. Other than that, she is just Maxima -- wears what she wants [even to shock] but still has a wonderful smile.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Although I agree with you, I feel that Maxima is just herself on these "small" outings. She always looks nice when with her husband. Maybe this is just her true style. I was really surprised that she wore awful shinny nude hose with the blue glittery skirt -- I believe nude hose when out of fashion years ago and only colored or textured ones in today, if at all. Other than that, she is just Maxima -- wears what she wants [even to shock] but still has a wonderful smile.

Winnie, a nice smile will not a Queen make. Is she going to go out in public like this when she becomes Queen? She really needs some guidance on her future role. She was so well groomed and really seemed to try when they first married. Now it seems it is just a have to for her anymore. These young women were brave enough to take on these roles. They knew from the start what was expected and how they would be scrutinized by everyone. A couple of hours a week of her time it is not to much to ask for her to be well groomed. She does not mind putting on the Ritz when it comes to wearing million dollar jewels and beautiful gowns.

More and more forums are stating as well as news sites bogs the people are not thrilled having to support the Royals. I would be putting my best foot forward if I knew that was the case. Regardless of how I felt or what I wanted to be doing other than what was expected of me.

People are tired of turning over all the money to see CP Maxima in these thousands of dollar gowns and feel like they are getting nothing in return when they are just trying to make ends meet.

Please do not get me wrong I love Maxima. I just remember when she cared and tried. It does not seem that she is trying at times anymore. If it depended only on the smile Winnie you and I could be a Queen! hehe
Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

the outfit would've looked better if she had worn normal pumps instead of boots.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Courtier

The entire outfit including the cheap, tacky boots is Natan. Claire of Belguim has the same boots.

She's put on weight since the last time she wore this and it shows. With all the money she has at her disposal she should seriously hire someone to do her hair and help her with her clothing....it's really not funny anymore.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I really do not like those boots. They just don't look good on her (I don't like them on Claire either). I like the idea of the dress, but it looks rumpled and it doesn't appear to fit her properly. This is not one of her best looks, IMO. The outfit looks sloppy and unprofessional.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Nov 12, 2009 -Maxima in a stripped coat which IMO looks lovely and worn nicely with plain black heels but the hair ruins the whole look. If the hair was pulled back nicely or even in a ponytail, this would be a really overall great look.

Full View ** Full View 2
Old 11-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Finally a nicely understated way of dressing for Maxima, cut along simple lines - unfortunately, very rare for Maxima these days.
I agree that the hair ruins everything here. I can hardly see what she's wearing with this hair mess being all over the place... it's a shame.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the colour combination, for the rest I sadly agree with most of the above.
Holland is a bit of an informal country where women do not take very much care of themselves and occaisionaly Maxima is becoming very Dutch.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

This coat is very lovely and suits her a lot, IMO

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the charcoal colored coat/dress on CP Maxima. The princess looks very tailored and well put together today. I like the pumps, handbag and nude hosery. It looks like it might have been windy with the hair issue.....
Old 11-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

The stripped coat looks wonderful on Maxima, she looked so elegant today!

Tags
daytime fashion, fashion and style, maxima, princess maxima