Crown Princess Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 1: April 2004 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, but it is not within Crown Princess Mathilde's powers to make her feet smaller. As for the dress, she looked nice. Cold bright pink becomes her perfectly. I like ruffles on the top.

How tall is she? taller than maxima?

How tall is she? taller than maxima?

I think I have read that she is approxiately 5'9" (~175cm). Rather tall. I would imagine that Maxima is appromiately the same height, possibly a bit smaller.

I love the color of the dress. It looks very pretty on CP Mathilde.

I think I have read that she is approxiately 5'9" (~175cm). Rather tall. I would imagine that Maxima is appromiately the same height, possibly a bit smaller.
thank you! yes this is tall!!!!

Mathilde's dress is interesting, I mean its neckline. Dress' bright color goes perfectly wit her skin tone and hair.
I expected Mathilde to be that tall, she has height and posture of fashion model.:)

I loooooove this dress!!!!:flowers:
It´s one of my favourite in Mathilde. I love the colour. She was wonderful that day...

Umm i'm undecided about this dress, i like the colour just not how it falls at the bottom, too straight.

x

Glamorous indeed! Given the Oriental themes of the ensemble, a lavender dress could be recycled during visit to the Gulf countries or the Northern Africa.

I am not crazy about this lavender dress. Mathilde looks regal, but also too matronly here.

Nice dress.Its looks as an oriental one.
I don't like the neckline of the jacket and the fact that it's buttoned.
I like the sleeves
The color looks great on CP Mathilde.

I like this lavender jacket. The color is beautiful, and the design is very regal. When did she wear this? This is the first time that I have seen this picture. She looks very elegant.

She looked wonderful!! Blgians are very lucky having this Princess...

this dress is really lovely, but I don't like this shoes (especially with this shinning thights)

:previous: Well, I quite like this look. I don´t know why, but she looks really beautiful. I like the top, the skirt and the shoes are wonderful. The yellow-beige combination looks a bit strange, but it´s pretty, IMO.
If I have to say any thing I don´t like in this look, it would be the earrings or maybe the tights, but the whole outfit looks amazing.

Picture details
(originally posted by Emeralds and Opals)
Tights and sandals ... I am not sure ... On one hand, some members have said on many occasions that it is "no-no". On the other, I have been told that true ladies do not show bear legs and wear tights irrespective of seasons... Could anyone, please, tell what is acceptable in such situations?

I think by saying only "true ladies" do something, you're denigrating the women who don't do those things. We're all ladies, even if we don't wear pantyhose. I don't wear it, regardless of the weather. I hate it. I don't really think there's one good answer to the question. Some women live in warm climates where pantyhose isn't necessary. Others live in very cold climates where it is. It's personal preference really, not a hard and fast rule. You're no less of a lady for not wearing it than you are for wearing it.

BTW, those aren't sandals she's wearing. Those are strappy heels. Sandals are flat shoes you usually wear in casual situations, like to the beach or on the boardwalk.

It has not been my intention to denigrate women, who do not wear tights. That is what my grandmother used to tell me. I have heard that the rule "Tights should be worn irrespective of seasons" applies to businesswomen from Wall Street and women employed by the UN.

I think by saying only "true ladies" do something, you're denigrating the women who don't do those things. We're all ladies, even if we don't wear pantyhose. I don't wear it, regardless of the weather. I hate it. I don't really think there's one good answer to the question. Some women live in warm climates where pantyhose isn't necessary. Others live in very cold climates where it is. It's personal preference really, not a hard and fast rule. You're no less of a lady for not wearing it than you are for wearing it.

BTW, those aren't sandals she's wearing. Those are strappy heels. Sandals are flat shoes you usually wear in casual situations, like to the beach or on the boardwalk.

Actually sandals can have high heels like the ones Mathidle has been wearing in Mexico - she has this pair in red and beige

Mexico

Al_Bina you are right, according to the Bon Ton ( Etiquette) "real ladies" should always wear tights. Older real ladies do always wear tights. They wear also sandals with tights and I agree they don't look nice at all.
I have read that Jackie Kennedy was criticized because she went to the Easter mass in Palm Beach without wearing tights, though it was warm.

I think that times have changed and the majority of “real ladies” do not follow this rule anymore, tough all women wear thights on high class (religious) weddings, even in Summer in Italy, but in the very last years less and less young women do.

I don't really think the wearing of pantyhose is an important thing. It should be up to the woman whether or not she wants to wear them, archaic fashion rules based on what does or does not make a "real lady".....I just don't think apply to a 21st century society.

BTW, I keep seeing the word "tights" used when pantyhose would be more applicable. Tights are usually a thicker material and are worn by little girls or pre-teen girls. Tights are usually opaque and not sheer. Pantyhose are worn by grown women, tights by little girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom