Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 2: May 2009 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mathilde during the national day

Te Deum
Imageshack - maerthanorway1971222gi1.jpg

This is quite a pretty dress, love the hair piece and the belt look nice. Not too sure about the shoes.

The coat is very Mathilde but its not my cup of tea, its quite childish print IMO. The belt or tie is place a few cm above the stitching of the two parts on the dress. That is lovely, reminds me of the red one she wore a while ago but was much bigger.

I love all her outfits on the National Day. She wore colour but in a good way :).

I likes the white dress the most from everything she wore during the national day!

Stephanievl, Do you agree the 3 changements of outfits on the same day?.
I wonder if Queen Paola agreed she was dresssed with in the same colars black and white as her?
Why only Mathilde changed completely her outfit : dress , hat, shoes, handbag for the military parade ?

Yes, I do agree with Mathilde. She is young and she can perfectly change three times. The fact that The Queen and The Princess wore black and white in the morning could be a choice from both ladies, due to the fact that the day would be celebrated in a less festive and colourful way due to the economic crisis.
On the eve of the National Day, she chose a grey cocktail dress with bare shoulders and she wore the same earrings as she did when Queen Elizabeth II came to visit two years ago. This dress was not new.
For the Te Deum Mass, she choose another outfit which had already been worn, most notably for the christening of the baby of the Princess Mary of Denmark of which Mathilde is godmother.
In the afternoon, a new outfit in bright pink and white was worn. The fascinator on the head was in the same style as she wore three years ago for the arrival ceremony in Antwerp of Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima. This time, the bows were smaller and as well in pink instead of red three years ago. This hat for the Parade was a Fabienne Delvigne creation at the time, so I guess that she made this one as well because it is the same design.
In the evening, the Princess choose white and green. Another older outfit, which has been worn several times before.

Stephanievl, Do you agree the 3 changements of outfits on the same day?.
I wonder if Queen Paola agreed she was dresssed with in the same colars black and white as her?
Why only Mathilde changed completely her outfit : dress , hat, shoes, handbag for the military parade ?

Yes I like it, that is for me really exiting to see what the roayal ladies will wear during the day.

It not only Mathilde who changes 3 times, also claire and Astrid did. Normally also the queen but this year she didn't. Maybe it is getting to difficult for her to change 3 times.

Queen Paola never changed three times a day. She did it extremely in the early years of the reign of Albert, I remember her first State Visit abroad, to Luxembourg, a two-day visit, when she had 7 different outfits with her. On National Days since 1994, she has always worn the same for the Te Deum Mass and the Parade in the afternoon. I really think that changing is more for the 'younger generation' as Mathilde is of course the best ambassador for Nathan Fashion.
By the way, stephanievl, it was only Mathilde changing three times. Astrid wore her uniform for Te Deum and Parade; and changed into a jacket and trousers for the civilian part after the Parade. Claire wore the same dress in the morning, but with a coat. She indeed changed into a pink trouser suit for the civilian part. Perhaps Mathilde changed four times, because at 11 p.m., she and the rest of the Royal Family went to the Fireworks and I think that the green and white outfit which she wore in the Park was a bit 'cold' at that time of the evening, certainly after the heavy rain which came up in the evening. But I haven't seen photographs of it.

Crown Princess Mathilde looked all right. I am not keen on a halter dress, but like wedge shoes. However, I am surprised with her casual hairstyle. It appears to me that she just "flat-ironed" her hair.

I liked her in the retro look it gives her a more edgy look and I really like he rhair straight. The shoes are super and all in all a different and younger look than her usual, which I think is more often than not boring.:)

I really love the colors of this dress. The coral earrings go perfectly!

I like this retro-look as well, the earrings are lovely but the shoes are not my cup of tea. However the colours suit Mathilde well. Thanks for the pictures :flowers:

I think that Mathilde looks great in this dress. The shape of the dress works really well with her figure. The print is busy, but the chiffon fabric kind of softens it up a bit. I like the color of the shoes, but I'm not wild about the patent leather.

Here is a close up of Mathildes orange shoes.
Not bad but I think its abit too much with the printed dress

Picture

I like the dress & its colors,but not these shoes.The overall look is nice,this is what matters.

I love this dress on Princess Mathilde.She looks great.
But,I don't like her shoes et especially the shiny fabric;
I think that she has lost some weight,that's nice

I love the shoes!!! The colour and style both are great. i really like wedge heels.

I have never liked that dress though. i think its the colouring as much or more than anything - too muted to match the style IMO

Love the dress on her, but the shoes are too heavy for the dress. Although, they are really cool shoes.

I like the style of this dress - it's cute, light and summery. I also like the orange/brown color of the shoes and they match the dress perfectly.

Nice dress, and stunning Mathilde, but the shoes...horrible...

:previous: Lovely, lovely outfit :flowers:
Simple and elegant. The blouse is very pretty, and also are the shoes. Good choice ;)

:previous: Lovely, lovely outfit :flowers:
Simple and elegant. The blouse is very pretty, and also are the shoes. Good choice ;)

I agree, she looks very nice here. I love Mathilde but don't always like her choices in clothing! It seems she doesn't dress for her body type most of the time. She ends up looking out of proportion. But this is great.

The DVF blouse is wonderful!Actually,I liked the whole outfit.And the shoes look lovely,too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom