Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 2: May 2009 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this shade of green on Mathilde!:flowers: The earrings are also wonderful.

I agree. Nice colour and nice earrings!

Well ... a nice colour and radiant smile helped Crown Princess Mathilde to pull off the look. An apple green colour becomes her well. However, the dress is not tailored well. The bolero jacket does not flatter Crown Princess Mathilde much and appears to be stiff. I would suggest Crown Princess Mathilde trying creations by Akris Punto known for precision tailoring.

She is indeed going for the Black and white look recently. Love the shoes. The trousers look beautiful, wonderful for summer time.
x
Love this outfit! It's looks really good on the princess. The whole outfit looks extremely comfortable and fits her well. I also like the semi-casual way she wore her hair with it. Wonderful!

Her coat is very particular, but I think nice; and well coupled with white trousers.

I don´t like this outfit ,it is too particular in my opinion:nonono:

I like it - its just that little bit different, and yet very true to Mathilde's style.

A perfectly ghastly print (What on earth does that pattern show? Comic book dwarfs, critters and oversized keys getting lost in fading zebra stripes??) on a coat cut like a bathrobe and worn over pants...
This is not even interesting enough to be truly eccentric, the outfit is just plain bad. A definite No-Go.

Boris,
Your opinion is right. It appears to me that Crown Princess Mathilde decided to match the coat with an engagement. Needless to say, the pattern is awkward.

Princess Mathilde attends the award ceremony of the King Baudouin International Development Prize, at the royal palace, in Brussels, Tuesday 19 May 2009. The Indonesian radio news agency KBR68H received this year's award.
ANP Beeldbank (dress)
ANP Beeldbank (bag)
ANP Beeldbank (hair)

Princess Mathilde attends a colloquium entitled 'Battle against AIDS' (Strijd tegen AIDS - La lutte contre le Sida), organised at the senate, in Brussels, Monday 18 May 2009.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Princess Mathilde attends the award ceremony of the King Baudouin International Development Prize, at the royal palace, in Brussels, Tuesday 19 May 2009. The Indonesian radio news agency KBR68H received this year's award.
ANP Beeldbank (dress)
ANP Beeldbank (bag)
ANP Beeldbank (hair)

Princess Mathilde attends a colloquium entitled 'Battle against AIDS' (Strijd tegen AIDS - La lutte contre le Sida), organised at the senate, in Brussels, Monday 18 May 2009.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
I love the first outfit, she looks fantastic! Lovely hairdo, too :flowers:
I don´t like the second outfit, though :nonono:

She looks elegant in the two outfits.She has good taste:flowers:

i reall don't like Mathilde's fashion sense. She often looks too shiny or too colourful (too many colours in one outfit or way too bright colours).

Well ... a mint green dress for the award ceremony of the King Baudouin International Development Prize looked nice. However, I am not keen on a plastic flower that adorned her hairstyle. I wish the dress material were not shiny. A black ensemble for the AIDS colloquium is just all right. Nothing special ... I would say. Hairstyles and makeup on both occasions were flawless.

ANP Beeldbank (dress)
ANP Beeldbank (bag)
ANP Beeldbank (hair)

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Both outifts are beautiful. I love Mathildes hair with the mint green dress. Thank you for the pictures. x

Beautiful dresses but I am afraid always to short especially for the colloqium against aids.

mmh...I'm not totally persuaded about this dress...

Not a convincing outfit?
It's actually quite horrible in its weird mix of prints... with the jacket also being extremely ugly on its own.
I wish Princess Mathilde didn't have such an unfortunate liking for awful patterns - there have been a lot of them worn by her recently.

I don't like the combination of both pieces. The dress on itself is nice.

I like the dress, the spots are very retro.
The jacket doesn't match the dress pattern.
x

Welkom op de site over prinses Mathilde van Belgie: Lunch (the link is provided by LadyLeanna)
I am taken aback by an awkward combination of patterns. A polka dot dress per se is all right. The red-white colour combination is all right too. A geometrical pattern aggravated a rather unflattering jacket, thereby totally ruining the whole ensemble for me. It would have been much better to wear a monochrome red or white jacket. I hope that the pattern phase will be over soon.

Its too much when put together. Mathilde should keep the 2 items seperate, and then they can stand out next to a block colour, rather than each other.

Is she recycling this dress?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom