Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 1: January 2004 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more pic of Princess Mathilde at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
Pic IBL

I love this coat! I think it might be a little big for her, but she looks very elegant!!

Always she looks perfect, but I think (I'm not shure), that she is a little sad...

*My english is not perfect*

Always she looks perfect, but I think (I'm not shure), that she is a little sad...

*My english is not perfect*
Yes, yesterday she didn't look very well...but today she has appeared wonderful

I like gold coat.
Pink dress is amazing, eye-catching colour looks great on CP Mathilde :D

A white coat with gold pattern was a good choice made by Crown Princess Mathilde, whereas she was stunning in a bright pink dress. Crown Princess Mathilde has got beautiful legs indeed.

I think it's wonderful how she has come into her own style, in a bold, individual and unpredictable way. I remember how the French magazines put her down at the beginning, judging her too shy, too "Miss Goody Two Shoes", with no personality. How she has proven them wrong ! She is extraordinarily beautiful, classy, and shows audacity without ever a touch of bad taste in her clothes, hairstyles, and accessories. Besides, she always shines, or glows. She seems sweetness incarnated, yet you feel a strong individual behind the gentleness. Of course, she has gained in self-confidence since she was first married, but those French magazines sure misjudged her, unable to look past the conventional facade she first presented.

Wow, she is looking awesome on this trip so far. I thought I loved the gold coat but, Pink dress, wonderful!!

She looks so beautiful in this pink dress. This is definitely one of her most flattering colors. I had no idea she was so tall. I would love to have legs as long as hers.

Princess Mathilde of Belgium in Bandung on November 25, 2008.
Daylife
Daylife
One more nice dress that suits her very well!

HRH Prince Philippe of Belgium and HRH Princess Mathilde of Belgium attend the Belgian Gala Night at the Four Seasons Hotel on November 25, 2008 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Zimbio
Zimbio
Zimbio
Imo, those trousers don't suit her very well!

HRH Prince Philippe of Belgium and HRH Princess Mathilde of Belgium attend the Belgian Gala Night at the Four Seasons Hotel on November 25, 2008 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Zimbio
Zimbio
Zimbio
Imo, those trousers don't suit her very well!
Yes, she looks a bit fat...

I loved the black and white dress. The print is very modern, and the shape of the dress looked very good on Mathilde. I hate the beige/gold trousers. She looks terrible in them. They are not flattering at all. The top that she is wearing with these trousers is very pretty though. The outfit may have looked better if the top was a bit longer and if the trousers were cut differently.

The black and white dress is very nice.
She looks lovely:wub:

I like the print on the black and white dress - the cut of the dress falters her figure

The top and trousers combo is awful - the top was first worn at a gala dinner about 2/3 years ago and was lovely then but combining it with those trousers is a big mistake. She has nearlt always favoured those wideleg trousers but this pair are far to long as you cant even see the tip of her shoes. http://i36.tinypic.com/r9o954.jpg
MAfan you mentioned in your post about how the outfit made her look fat - i agree they dont suit her figure at all. Since she had her last baby she has struggled to get the baby weight off (but i suppose after 4 kids thats what hapens to some women - Marie Chantal is an example of one of the lucky women who can regain her pre-baby weight even after 5 kids)

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/troonopvolgers/2008/11/filip-en-math-1.html

Last edited:
I like the print on the black and white dress - the cut of the dress falters her figure

The top and trousers combo is awful - the top was first worn at a gala dinner about 2/3 years ago and was lovely then but combining it with those trousers is a big mistake. She has nearlt always favoured those wideleg trousers but this pair are far to long as you cant even see the tip of her shoes.
MAfan you mentioned in your post about how the outfit made her look fat - i agree they dont suit her figure at all. Since she had her last baby she has struggled to get the baby weight off (but i suppose after 4 kids thats what hapens to some women - Marie Chantal is an example of one of the lucky women who can regain her pre-baby weight even after 5 kids)
I meant that this outfit makes her look fat, while several other ones make her beautiful, despite the four pregnancies...

This last pants outfit is not a good one, I agree. But I don't think it's the pants, I think it's that the top hits her in a bad spot on her tummy. She needs a longer top. As far as the rest of outfits during this trip, some are good, some could be better is they fit a little looser.

Whereas I agree that golden pants (see post #232) and grey ones (see post #235) could have been chosen better, I tend to share princess getrude's opinion that short tops in both case highlighted Crown Princess Mathilde's midsection, thereby making her appear fatter than she might really be. A yellow-grey silk top was comparatively better than a lacy golden one. At the same time, Crown Princess Mathilde did an amazing job pulling off an unusual combination of the bright cold yellow and grey colours. The makeup and hairstyle looked flawless.
Crown Princess Mathilde's white and black dress with an abstract pattern(see post #225) was an great choice because it is a variation of a shift dress, which draw little attention to the waist. I hope my definition of the aforementioned dress is accurate.

I find jade-/mint-coloured dress appropriate. Its soft colour brights out Crown Princess Mathilde's complexion, whereas an A-line (trapeze) silhouette masks the problematic zone, (i.e., the waistline). An embellished collar adds a festive touch this simple dress. It was wise on Crown Princess Mathilde's part to wear minimal jewellery.

Here are some more photos of Mathilde in that lovely mint-colored dress:

Picture details

Picture details

I love this dress. The detail on the collar is really pretty, and the color looks wonderful with her complexion.

Here are some photos of a very pretty red dress worn to a gala in Indonesia on 27 November:

Picture details

Picture details

I like this dress too! The shape of the sleeves and collar is really nice.

Photos: Belga via LadyLeana in the Belgian Royal Family thread

The red dress is just perfect. Simple lines are enhanced by collar and sleeves. Did Crown Princess Mathilde recycle this red dress? I remember her in a similar dress attending some celebration in Belgium.

Well, two nice outfits, after some bad choice...
I hope that sometimes she recycles her dresses...like other human beings...

To me, Princess Mathilde's wardrobe on the whole trip amounted to a Natan desaster: An array of the most unflattering and unimaginative designs possible, and made without any good craftsmanship on top of it.
The only nice piece was the evening lace top, though ruined in the ill-advised combination with wide pants.
Natan has become the most under-talented but over-used Royal designer these days, and it escapes me why Princess Mathilde chooses to let him slowly but surely destroy her appearance. She only shows glimpses of her former considerable elegance anymore.
If she wants to show support for Belgian designers and stick to them, she should do so as there are many others, instead of exclusively promoting one Belgian designer's eyesore clothes all the time.

Princess Mathilde of Belgium at the Belgian Gala Night at The Shangri-La Hotel on November 27, 2008 in Singapore.
Zimbio
Zimbio
Zimbio
A red dresss. Is it a new dress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom