Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 1: January 2004 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... [snipped] I don't think her style of clothes is gone, she is a women who needs some time to loose the extra weight after the birth of princess Eleonore, after having 4 children I think it is normal! She is not like the Hollywood stars who only need some weeks to have the same weight as before the pregnancy!
You are absolutely right. It is a known fact that each pregnancy makes it more difficult to quickly shed an extra weight. I do not think that Crown Princess Mathilde will jump on Hollywood "back in shape in the shortest possible time" bandwagon. Generally speaking, I like the polka dot pattern. I am not sure about the cut of the dress though. Crown Princess Mathidle has got perfectly flawless skin...

I just cannot imagine Mathilde as someone who is totally into aerobics, etc. It might take her a little longer to regain her "former glory", but who cares. She is what she is and that is, in her case, quite a lot. She is just so serene and dignified.

I just cannot imagine Mathilde as someone who is totally into aerobics, etc. It might take her a little longer to regain her "former glory", but who cares. She is what she is and that is, in her case, quite a lot. She is just so serene and dignified.

Oh dear, I don't mean that she is quite a lot of....kilo's. I mean it personalitywise ofcourse:)

I really like this outfit. The colors work very well with her complexion. She looks really nice in these photos.

A well chosen perfect outfit as usually... :) Soft beige and white colours become Crown Princess Mathilde well. The style of the ensemble helped to enhanced her figure.

Wonderful outfit for mathilde, but it seems a bit wrinkeled. Is it made by linnen maybe? That wrinkles up easy.

The colors are nice to mathilde. They are pale, but she can pull it out without looking washed out.

:flowers:

I think it may be linen. I'm not sure, because I haven't seen a close-up shot, but it appears to have the texture of linen, which is impossible to keep from wrinkling.

Not sure how the weather was in Belgium. The outfit seems very summer-like, but the wrap appears ill suited to the outfit. Is it getting cool there for sleaveless? It's also a tad too formal for a daytime engagement.

I like this outfit. The top could maybe have been a little shorter, but is ok as is. I think that this is the outfit I have liked most of all her recent ones.

Point de vue of this Week says that the RF of belgian seems boring since the time of Princess Lilian the Rethy and about Mathilde leur way of dressing is colourless nd

Well, maybe Mathilde isn't the most daring dresser among the Royals, but what she wears suits her very well and seems to be very much in sinc with her personality. Maybe she just isn't the experimental type.

Crown Princess Mathilde seems to favour long-tunic tops with pants. I like her latest outfit. It looked very feminine. Slimmer pants and a flowery top nicely enhanced her figure. She has got a decollete area to be envied.

She does seem to favour the longer tops. They look ok on her, but I hope she re-introduces some more variety into her wardrobe in the future.
This outfit was ok, it doesnt scream either stunning or shocking at me.

Oh I always liked this one! And yes you're right about HM's visit, but by my count it is its 3rd airing not 2nd. I'm wondering if maybe the other time she wore it was something to do with easter, but I have no idea why I have that feeling, its certainly not based on anything concrete!

Yes, I like the hair too. She seems to insist on wearing pants at the moment.

Princess Mathilde is not a very into fashion Princess, she wears what suits to her body shape because she is not a slim person. Althoug I think she wears a lot of old fashion clothes that makes her look older, she has avery beauitful and young face so she need to innovate more.

I don't think Mathilde wil 'innovate'. That's just not her. You have to remember that she has a catholic, noble background. Nobility in Belgium is just very conservative. And it suits her, she is no one for 'funky' cloths.

Oh I always liked this one! And yes you're right about HM's visit, but by my count it is its 3rd airing not 2nd. I'm wondering if maybe the other time she wore it was something to do with easter, but I have no idea why I have that feeling, its certainly not based on anything concrete!

Yes, I like the hair too. She seems to insist on wearing pants at the moment.
You are right!
Princess Mathilde has worn that coat 3 times by now:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2884/4218523500ay3.jpg China early 2007
http://recyclingclothesmathilde.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/queen2.png Visit of Queen Elizabeth in 2007
http://prinsesmathilde.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/18/mattttt.jpg 18.09.2008, Visit to Brugge

Edit: If you compare the pictures from 2007 with yesterdays pictures, you can see how much weight she gained due to her pregnancy, poor thing...

I love this coat! It is perfect for her.

I love Princess Mathilde's coat. I remember she wore it before. I don't like her top or pant at all but the coat is better. :flowers:

That coat make Mathilde look like she is Queen Elizabeth's age.

I like the coat but not the pants and the top!

I have looked at the pics again since they were released and I certainly agree.
Its true she has gained weight due to her latest preganancy (and lets remember that she's had twice as many as Mary or Letizia, and still more than Maxima and Mette Marit), which is unfortunate but c'est la vie! I hope for her sake that she has managed to reach a place where it does not bother her overly much, despite the media attention.

I really like this top. Large floral prints can be difficult to wear, but Mathilde has pulled it off.

Mathilde recycled the outfit she recently wore for the start of school (her childrens that is!)
PPE Agency

I think that the cardi is too long, but other than that I'm sure my comments from last time still stand (that said I haven't gone back and re-read them...)

i have looked at the pics again since they were released and i certainly agree.
Its true she has gained weight due to her latest preganancy (and lets remember that she's had twice as many as mary or letizia, and still more than maxima and mette marit), which is unfortunate but c'est la vie! I hope for her sake that she has managed to reach a place where it does not bother her overly much, despite the media attention.

i agree that she hasnt lost her weight from this last pregnancy.
I feel that somethig happend to her chic and beautiful classy look she had.
She dresses like an old woman.
I miss the light and gentle cloths she used to wear.
Is still think she is the most wonderfull princes, and you can surley see she is a special person, beutiful inside and outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom