Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 1: January 2004 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CP Mathilde in Singapore on 28 November 2008:

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

IBL/via Beligan Royal Family thread

I really like the top. It is very chic. The trousers look nice with this top.

Here are some more photos of Mathilde in that lovely mint-colored dress:

Picture details

Picture details

I love this dress. The detail on the collar is really pretty, and the color looks wonderful with her complexion.

Here are some photos of a very pretty red dress worn to a gala in Indonesia on 27 November:

Picture details

Picture details

I like this dress too! The shape of the sleeves and collar is really nice.

Photos: Belga via LadyLeana in the Belgian Royal Family thread

I really like the mint and the red dress. She look wonderful in them both! CP Mathilde is fantasti, she can carry off sharp colors like the red one, and then more soft colors like pastels and she look good in (almost) everything I see her in! :flowers:

I think it's wonderful how she has come into her own style, in a bold, individual and unpredictable way. I remember how the French magazines put her down at the beginning, judging her too shy, too "Miss Goody Two Shoes", with no personality. How she has proven them wrong !

Yes, you're so right iloveroyals...
I also remember that Mathilde was not among the most interesting princesses 5 or 6 years ago. She was considered as "boring"... I believe they judge her very very wrongly.

Here are some more photos of Mathilde in that lovely mint-colored dress:

Picture details

Picture details

I love this dress. The detail on the collar is really pretty, and the color looks wonderful with her complexion.

Here are some photos of a very pretty red dress worn to a gala in Indonesia on 27 November:

Picture details

Picture details

I like this dress too! The shape of the sleeves and collar is really nice.

Photos: Belga via LadyLeana in the Belgian Royal Family thread

These two dresses are Gorgeous! I didn't like the white and black dress. The pink one was pretty but not too special, IMO.
What I do think is that on Mathilde everything becomes elegant and classy. I don't say because I like her as princess but due to her nice posture and serene beauty, almost all pictures of her are simply beautiful.

Truly impressive... Rich hue of the blue colour made this simple boatneck dress look stunning on Crown Princess Mathilde. A-line skirt of the dress nicely balanced a waistline, which was emphasised with a black belt. Hairstyle and makeup were flawless, jewellery was well-chosen.

This is a very lovel outfit for the georgeous CP Mathilde!! She carry off both sharp colors and pastels very well. :flowers:

I wish I could wear a dress like that for Christmas!!!

I love this dress! She looks beautiful in this color, and the shape of the dress looks fabulous on her.

Wonderful dress ... CP Mathilde is beautiful !!!!!

Blue suits her very well.
She is very beautiful:flowers:

I think it is one of the best dresses she wore lately!

I didn't like the dress, but the blue goes her very well with her skin tone...

I like her outfit .... she looks great

I really like this coat. I'm usually not a fan of animal prints, but this coat is very nice.

I have to admit that I am disappointed by fashion choices Crown Princess Mathilde has made so far. In addition to having a very noisy pattern, a rather wide trapeze shape of this coat ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 11487220fm2.jpg did not flatter Crown Princess Mathilde's figure. I have mixed feeling about the second ensemble ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 11497345en0.jpg . The trench coat is slightly better tailored, I would say. I am not keen on leopard prints and muted greyish brown colour though.
A bright red dress http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1590/mathildeyj7.jpg and http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9435/mathilde1os3.jpg chosen for meeting with the Senegalese President is a better choice. As far as I see, the above dress has got a sleek silhouette, which nicely enhanced Crown Princess Mathilde's figure, and embellishment in the form of satiny ribbon.
As far as make-up and hairstyle Crown Princess Mathilde looked flawless as usual.

The above images are courtesy of stephanievl and BelgaPicture.

The red dress is nice, but I don't care for the chevron detail on the bust. I think that it would have looked better without that detail.

In Belgium no-body knows who pays all her Nathan clothes.. I read once that when she is abroad the The Foreign Affairs are paying her clothes ??.
She seems to have an unlimited amount and doesn't know very well what recycling is.

I love the big floral-print coat that she was wearing in the first photo. It is so modern and pretty. I also loved the mocha-colored jacket that she wore with the cream trousers.

Al Bina , Someone of Nathan's House told me that Mathilde has very long legs and that they had to make special trousers for her.
Nathan 's famous reputation is made since 1999 because have 2 wonderful Princesses : Mathilde and Claire.
Before 1999 Queen Paola prefered Armani.

If Crown Princess Mathilde and Princess Claire have contributed to the rise of Nathan in the fashion world, the designer can show his gratitude by giving them a certain discount. As for custom-tailored trousers, how many pants did Crown Princess Mathilde buy? I would guess not enough to make her family financially broken, thereby causing the public outcry.

I love that first dress she is wearing on the gallery site. There is something sixties (Courreges ?) about its short, trapeze shape, and again, it is an unusual, bold choice that works for her. Short definitely looks good on her. She is also very good very flower motifs (remember that gorgeous evening gown in that chiffon fabric, old-fashioned by some standards, yet one of my favorites of all princess gala gowns of all time?) That chocolate jacket is perfect, yummy ! And lime looks good on her, a startling contrast to chocolate, climate-wise, (like drinking hot chocolate versus eating a pistachio ice-cream). I am not keen on the leopard motif, but otherwise, between her surprising yet successful choices and the more conservative ones on which she puts her personal imprint, it's always a pleasure looking at Princess Mathilde's fashion thread. Besides, what a lovely face, and modern, easy-going hairstyle that frames her face so nicely, emphasizing her well-defined yet sweet features.

The trousers suits suited Crown Princess Mathilde nicely. A soft beige jacket with a flowery pattern and red pants was quite lively. I liked the red wedge shoes (I hope I am correct since there is no good photo of shoes) A safari-style brown jacket with beige trousers and a soft lime green jacket with white trousers were well-chosen and comfortable to undertake engagements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom