Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 1: January 2004 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad to see Crown Princess Mathilde. She always contrive to look so serene. I wish I had an ability to maintain such serenity. Although I am not keen on the yellow colour, I have to tell that the white-and-yellow outfit reflected her happiness and the season (i.e., summer) mood.

What I like about this season is that we are beginning to see a lot of white again, including for the baptisms, etc, off-white, ivory, cream, and lace and light jerseys, and it makes all the royal ladies look fresh and young with an easy elegance. They look even better holding their babies and young children. It really gives a fresh look to monarchy, very youthful, future-oriented. The spring colorful look is great too, all these flame-like motifs: Carry the torch forward ! Never underestimate the power of color on people's emotions. The royal ladies have it right. (Queen Elizabeth and the Queen Mother knew it all along and it worked its wonders on their subjects.)

I like how Mathilde chose to be almost like an extension of her baby with that(I don't know what the term is for it-- pattern) at the top of her dress that's almost like a repetition of the chistening outfit. I also like how she chose to wear a short dress (in contrast with Princess Victoria who looks like the older statesperson on that occasion ... an exquisite outfit that suits her perfectly). There is an adorable combination of seriousness and gaiety that both princesses carried off to perfection, while almost inverting roles as far as age and family status go. Princess Mathilde looks good young and I am glad she is not afraid to go short even after the birth of the baby and the little extra weight. Anyway, as far as I am concerned, it's her face that fascinates me and I am always drawn to her "meant to be painted by a Renaissance artist" face, whatever she wears.

I really loved the outfitt with the cristening of eléonore!
It was clasic, elegent but still a nice summer outfitt!

As usually, Crown Princess Mathilde showed an impeccable taste by choosing a light white dress embellished with lace. It was really wise on her part to keep make-up and jewellery simple.

Belgium National Day 2008

Several outfits.... :)

At the stands of Defence in Zavel - pic

Attending the Defile at the Paleizenplein - pic

Attending the Te Deum at the Sint-Michiels-en-Sint Goedelekathedraal - pic

At the concert of the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition - pic

Once again ... Crown Princess Mathilde displayed her impeccable taste. She unsurprisingly opted for A-line/empire line dresses and a trapeze top. My personal favourites are follows:
The orange top: No one can pull off the orange colour better than Crown Princess Mathilde does. The top was paired with beige pair of wide led pants;
The red-orange (I believe) large simple polka coat dress was perfectly matched with a elaborate fascinator and elegant hairstyle.
Black and white flowery dress was another perfect choice. It enhanced her figure. The amount of jewellery was appropriate.
As for the green dress: I do like dress style (simple perfectly tailored A-line boatneeck), but I am not keen on a yellowish warm tint of the green colour. I like a rich darker shade of the green colour, which was used in the hat.

Wow. I actually love her at the national day. Those peices could have come off terribly, but they suit her magificintly.

Congrats to her about VF.

An overview of some clothes of princess Mathilde of a belgian newspaper
Telenet Foto - Prinses Mathilde Mode - Share your online photo albums - unlimited storage - upload photos - digital photography

H.R.H. CROWN PRINCESS MATHILDE OF BELGIUM Because she’s the jewel in the crown. Residence: The Royal Castle of Laeken, Brussels. Age: 35. Signature look: Tailored dresses and suits, suitable for state occasions. Notable 2008 ensemble: Ivory silk shift with a lace overlay, worn for the baptism of her fourth child, Princess Eleonore of Belgium. Causes: U.N. aids, and unicef.
Video: Nothing but the Best: Entertainment & Culture: vanityfair.com

Telenet Foto - Prinses Mathilde Mode - Share your online photo albums - unlimited storage - upload photos - digital photography

H.R.H. CROWN PRINCESS MATHILDE OF BELGIUM
Because she’s the jewel in the crown. Residence: The Royal Castle of Laeken, Brussels. Age: 35. Signature look: Tailored dresses and suits, suitable for state occasions. Notable 2008 ensemble: Ivory silk shift with a lace overlay, worn for the baptism of her fourth child, Princess Eleonore of Belgium. Causes: U.N. aids, and unicef.
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/video/2008/bestdressed_video200809

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Mathilde! She always looks elegant!!!!!!!

She's very beautiful and classy... and she's never afraid to try different styles. Congrats to her!! :flowers:

H.R.H. CROWN PRINCESS MATHILDE OF BELGIUM Because she’s the jewel in the crown. Residence: The Royal Castle of Laeken, Brussels. Age: 35. Signature look: Tailored dresses and suits, suitable for state occasions. Notable 2008 ensemble: Ivory silk shift with a lace overlay, worn for the baptism of her fourth child, Princess Eleonore of Belgium. Causes: U.N. aids, and unicef.
Video: Nothing but the Best: Entertainment & Culture: vanityfair.com

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/video/2008/bestdressed_video200809

Thanks for the links! She really looks great in orange. It is such a difficult color for many people to wear, but on Mathilde, it is fabulous.

I'm glad that she brightened the grey with the white pants, would have been a bit dark for summer IMO (thats misleading - I wear dark items in summer just not all dark outfits if that clears things up).

This is an ok outfit - I dont find anything special about it, but there's not too much for me to complain about either...
I actually cant decide whether I think that a necklace would help at all. :rolleyes:

Mathilde in trousers again:)

Nothing special. I know that she is mother of four and she just give a birth her youngest but she shouldn't watch herself in the mirror before she went out.

Comparing school and anniversary outfits she looks like two different persons.

i must be the only one who thinks that since the birth of Eleonore her style in clothes has really gone downhill - i think it is because she has majorly struggled to get rid of the excess weight

I am not sure, Princess of Europe, what you mean by saying "... since the birth of Eleonore her style in clothes has really gone ..." I think that Crown Princess Mathilde looked all right in a polka dot dress. The grey-white ensemble was a good choice as well.

I like the casual outfitt she wore to bring the childern to school! The dress with red dotts was not really my style!

I don't think her style of clothes is gone, she is a women who needs some time to loose het extra weight after the birth of princess Eleonore, after having 4 childern I think it is normal! She is not like the hollywood stars who only need some weeks to have the same weight as before the pregnancy!

I like the casual outfitt she wore to bring the childern to school! The dress with red dotts was not really my style!
Agree. It looks little too little for her.

I don't think her style of clothes is gone, she is a women who needs some time to loose het extra weight after the birth of princess Eleonore, after having 4 childern I think it is normal! She is not like the hollywood stars who only need some weeks to have the same weight as before the pregnancy!
Agree again. No matter that she is royal but she is normal woamn too!
Btw. Why weeks? Now it's going to days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom