Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 1: January 2004 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the white blouse with the blue pants, but I think that the shoes should be also blue or white, not brown.
The necklace is nice.

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
I am slightly taken aback by this outfit. The white ensemble is what Crown Princess Mathilde would normally favour: a jacket with a stand-up collar and dress (?). A hue of the white colour
is gorgeous. However, the whole look is unflattering. I am not sure about the embelishment on the skirt of the dress.

I'm not a fan of super short jackets. It has the same effect as babydoll dress. Unless they are on a five-year-old, it's not a good look on adult women.

I agree and it sooooo highlights the belly that carried 3 childeren....IMO this is a typical example of style that does NOT bring out the best of Mathilda's bodyshape...pity really. I like the colour on her though...

http://i40.tinypic.com/124wsbs.jpg
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/13125750.html?citemId=891228-24
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/13125773.html?citemId=891228-21
(originally posted by iceflower, giov, and Emeralds and Opals)
The colour palette is fabulous. As noted earlier, Crown Princess Mathilde does a wonderful job wearing the orange colour, one of the most difficult to pull off ... in my humble opinion. A beading embellishment/embroidery was a nice accent on a simple empire dress. Although the bolero-style jacket does not ruin the outfit, I am not sure about it.

http://i40.tinypic.com/124wsbs.jpg
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
(originally posted by iceflower and giov)
The colour palette is fabulous. As noted earlier, Crown Princess Mathilde does a wonderful job wearing the orange colour, one of the most difficult to pull off ... in my humble opinion. An beading embellishment (?)/embrioderry was a nice accent on a simple empire dress. Although the bolero-style jacket does not ruin the outfit, I am not sure about it.
One word: amazing :flowers:
She looks great in orange.

She changed something in her hair, that makes she look really wonderful...

I'm not a fan of super short jackets. It has the same effect as babydoll dress. Unless they are on a five-year-old, it's not a good look on adult women.
Upon seeing this photo Picture details (originally posted by LadyLeana), I have to agree with you. The whole ensemble would look much better on a teenage royal.

Albina, I already thought there was something wrong with that image when I first saw it, and you nailed it. Such short jackets are indeed more for teenage/early twenty royals.

Generally speaking, Crown Princess Mathilde favours Nathan's creations over creations by other designers.
The lilac green ensemble is well-chosen. The skirt's draped panels added some edge to a usual A-line skirt. I wish the jacket were more tailored. It looked a bit boxy, I dare to say. Shoes and clutch
perfectly fitted the look. I am not keen on the brooch, which looked like a giant cluster of stones piled together.

Could it be Bulgari? (the brooch)

Also, she is representing Belgium, so she should wear Belgian designers. I think. Fashion's also economy, you know :cool:

The more I look at them, the more her pantyhose look almost white. She needs to start wearing a less shiny, more tan colored hose. Look at CP Mary for example. She always wears hose (with closed-toe shoes, open-toed she doesn't) but you can't tell she's wearing any. It looks natural on her legs, almost as though she's bare-legged. Maybe Mary needs to hook her up with some.

Similar to other Crown Princesses, Crown Princess Mathilde is not immune from fashion mistakes. Shiny tights or mixing silver/white gold jewellery with gold jewellery might be viewed as examples of the above. I am a big fan of the Belgian Crown Princely couple. At the same time, I do acknowledge Crown Princess Mathilde's fashion faux pas, but I avoid over-emphasising them.

Please try to keep the conversation focussed on Princess Mathilde, rather than other royals.

Thanks,
marmi (RHoF Moderator)

ANP Beeldbank
(originally posted by Turkish Delight)
Crown Princess Mathilde looked flawless in a lime-green jacket paired with crinkled A-line skirt. Classical pumps were a perfect addition to the whole ensemble. Large ear-rings and overly embellished/embroidered handbag were not my cup of tea though.

she has worn a number of brigh colours on this trip and they really suit her

Yes I agree. Mathilde can wear an incredible arrange of colours and look magnificent. Well chosen pastels look great with her fair skin and light coloured hair, and likewise shockingly bright colours do, just in a different way.
But I do think that when colours she wears dont flatter her, its pretty noticible too.

Mathildes does look stunning in everything she wears. Except whens she wears something that covers her neck like the multicoloured floaty dress from last week, i didn't think it suited her very well.
x

Getty Images - Princess Mathilde of Belgium Visits 't Goteringenhof Farm
(originally posted by marmi)
The outfit was appropriately chosen to undertake the engagements and be comfortable. White trousers and blouse set off a tan coat and handbag. A paisley scarf added a nice touch to the whole look. I liked the blouse adorned with delicate lace, which made it look softly feminine.

:previous: I agree. Mathilde looks very nice and her outfit is appropriate, IMO.

:previous: I like the color, but I am not so sure about the rings that are going round her head. It reminds me of the planet Saturn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom