Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 1: January 2004 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a dress, or a coat over a dress? I like the top part. The collar and sleeves are very feminine. I think that it would look nicer if it didn't have such a volumunous skirt. It sticks out a bit too far, and she looks big in it.

This black coat dress is a repeat. Crown Princess Mathilde attended Holy Mass at the St Michel & St Gudule Cathedral, the so called "Te Deum", in honour of the King, in this outfit. ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 11223738wp7.jpg The dress is all right. A subtle shimmer adds a nice touch. However, the skirt tends to slightly overwhelm the whole dress.

The photo is courtesy of stephanievl

Belgium's Princess Mathilde, Prince Philippe, ... pictured at the annual new year reception at the Royal Palace in Brussels, Thursday 15 January 2009. ... ** Pic 2** ... ** Pic 4 **[snipped]
I believe that stunning is the word that can be applied to Crown Princess Mathilde's outfit. I like a vibrant red colour and clean interpretation of an empire-style dress. Being very fond of stand-up collars of all styles, I absolutely love wide stand-up collar on the coat dress. Hairstyle and make-up, it goes without saying, were flawless. Dragonfly broach added a nice touch to the overall look. I wonder if the broach is fine jewellery.

She looks fantastic! I love the black and white check. Has she cut her hair, or is she wearing it up? It is difficult to tell.

The look was pulled together perfectly. Although an empire-waste houndstooth coat suite Crown Princess Mathilde well, I am not keen on a collar and cuffs made of plastic-looking shiny material. Soft curl hairstyle and simple black earings were a nice addition to the whole look. I think that she wore her hair up.

Was this the coat Mathilde wore during her last joint engagement with Maxima? I think it is.
Cant say I'm a huge fan of the collar myself...

Was this the coat Mathilde wore during her last joint engagement with Maxima? I think it is.
Cant say I'm a huge fan of the collar myself...

Yes, it is that coat! She also wore it when the met prince charles some months ago in Brussels!

The red outfit with the bigdragonfly look very beautiful on her! :flowers:
I always love to see CP Mathilde in red! Her complexion is so fair, but still she carry off a sharp red gracefully! She is one of the Crownprincesses who look great in almost any color.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Picture details
Crown Princess Mathilde looked nice. I absolutely love her jacket: stand-up collar and asymmetrical. Soft golden beige colour nicely enhanced her complexion. Hairstyle and makeup were natural looking. I am not keen on a brooch, which
reminded me of a gigantic cluster of stones, and a clutch with a fur embellishment.
The above photos are courtesy of Paty and iceflower.

When I see the amount of money she spents for false stones and others for her broches , necklace and earrings, she could buy in Anticshops old diamants , rubis, emeralds etc...Then she should really look like a Crown Princess.
In Belgium , the Guests are wearing nicer jewellry than the Belgian Princesses and even the Queen.
Mathilde is wearing for the moment huge earrings I absolutely do not like.

Her jacket is nice but I don't like the skirt. The skirt should be darker. Just my opinion...

Picture details
Crown Princess Mathilde looked nice. I absolutely love her jacket: stand-up collar and asymmetrical. Soft golden beige colour nicely enhanced her complexion. Hairstyle and makeup were natural looking. I am not keen on a brooch, which reminded me of a gigantic cluster of stones, and a clutch with a fur embellishment.

The above photos are courtesy of Paty and iceflower.

I usually like princess Mathilde's huge jewels she usually wears, but the brooch is hideous... :nonono:

I like the jacket. The collar is very interesting, and the color looks great on Mathilde. The brooch is a nice touch, and her hair looks very nice in this more polished-looking style. I do not care for the skirt, though. The cut and texture of the fabric don't flatter her figure.

I have to agree about the skirt, sgl. The plisse skirt (I hope I am correct defining the design) is a all right choice. A simple A-line skirt would have been much better ... in my personal opinion.

Well bizzarly whilst I agree that the skirt could be more flattering, I really love this outfit. Mathilde herself seems radiant, but the colours, textures & accessories of this outfit are all great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom