Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion: December 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pieces of this ensemble do not match each other well. The leather jacket and the blouse looked much better in combination with a putty trousers (March 2009). I like the blouse and the colour of the leather jacket that complimented Crown Princess Mathilde's complexion.

I am disappointed with these last two outfits Mathilde wore. While she looks put-together and appropriate, they are boring to me. I don't care for the cut or style of either leather jacket. I do think the brown one looked good when she wore it with a white top and khaki pants and scarf when she was visiting the animals, but still I think there are more flattering cuts and colors she can wear. The all-black outfit was just too dark, but if she had worn some sparkly jewelry or more colorful makeup, maybe it wouldn't have been that bad. I get that she seems to like to be more neutral or natural with her makeup, but with many of the colors she wears, they tend to wash her out and I think if she wears the neutral colors, she should balance things out with either pretty colored/sparkly jewelry and makeup. Just my opinion....

Love the outfit, but the grey boots don't go.

I dislike the outfit as I dislike orange colour.Boots are nice imo

The orange ensemble looked so painfully awkward to me. Yes, Crown Princess Mathilde can pull the orange colour off. However, a short wrap skirt and those boots did not match each other well.

Another colourful outfit, but I don't like the boots with it.

Better then the last outfits, but...it doesn't persuade me totally...and the boots are horrible if worn with this dress...

I don't like these boots separately and together with this outfit they look even more awful. Totally ill-matched, IMO. Thumbs down. :yuk:

I think the few good points about this outfit are that she is finally wearing a brighter color instead of dark or neutral colors. I liked the clutch, but I am shaking my head with the over the knee boots. I just don't think they are attractive on ANYONE. That being said, the color and suede fabric aren't bad, but I think the combination of that type of dress with those type of boots is not the best. On another note, I just love that last picture. The adoring child hugging her is absolutely precious.

I agree that brighter colors like this intense orange suits Mathilde but as to the boots it's more than a foul-up... The last picture is very touching, I agree again.

Princess Mathilde is welcomed at the airport of New Delhi, as they arrive for the economic mission.

1 -- 2

Are there any more pictures? Her bouquet of flowers is covering up what she's wearing.

Crown Princess Mathilde looked all right. I like the violet colour of the cardigan and top, which enhanced her complexion.

I agree, for a long flight like this she looked just fine. Purple/violet and grey is a nice combination IMO.

Princess Mathilde of Belgium pictured during a visit at the Unesco World Heritage site of the Humayun's tomb, Sunday 21 March 2010, in India.

1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4

Last edited:
She looks elegant and classic...I like her shoes too,although they have small heels......,but they are nice imo

She looks elegant and classic...I like her shoes too,although they have small heels......,but they are nice imo

You don't see it in these picture but they where walking around in the grass so I thinkt that this is why she is not wearing high heels.

Crown Princess Mathilde looked all right in the DVF Herringbone wrap dress, which retails at 398 USD on saksfifthavenue.com. I wish she wore light white ballet flats with it.

Princess Mathilde of Belgium pictured during a visit at the Unesco World Heritage site of the Humayun's tomb, Sunday 21 March 2010, in India.

1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4

Its been a while since Mathilde actually dressed her age and in a pretty colored shade of dress like this one.
A pair of white flats or sandals wouldve looked really nice.

Nice red and white outfit. And I agree about wearing a different pair of shoes. Other than that she looks great!

Nothing against the colour match, but I don't like the upper part of the outfit; just a simple red jacket over the dress would have been perfect.

Nothing against the colour match, but I don't like the upper part of the outfit; just a simple red jacket over the dress would have been perfect.
I agree. The top part of the dress itself looks odd.
I like the other red and white dress she wore though.

Wow, that last outfit is a really bright yellow, almost neon. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom