Crown Princess Mary's Hats, Headwear and Hairstyles: March 2004 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is so beautiful with the fashionable hats.
Thanks for posting and sharing the lovely pics...

A question: does Mary really have straight hair? or a bit curly?

I love the length of her hair. It looks good on her and it gives her a lot of options.

I think her hair is naturally straight, but she probably uses heat to make it as straight and sleek as it usually is.

A few photos of various hairstyles.photos from Polfoto, facetoface, Newscom, UKPRess and Colourpress

For me, I think Her Royal Highnesses hair looks best when in a chignon. I just adore it. It is so, so becoming and incredibly regal and sophisticated.

I do like it when her hair is down though, it still looks very beautiful.

"MII"

Mary should really wear her hair down more, when it's up it really ages her. She tends to look a lot more youthful when it's down.

I think it is the specific hairstyle that ages her, either up or down.

"I think it is the specific hairstyle that ages her, either up or down."

Well I've yet to see a picture of her hair don where I thought she looked older than her years. One of the first pictures I saw of her she had her hair up and I can remember thinking she looked alot older than Frederick.

A few photos to illustrate my opinion:) :

Photos from Polfoto, colourpress, and newsom

Looking older with hair down and up:

hairstyle is nice, but it makes her look a bit older.

Looking younger with hair down and up:

Last edited:
I think the overly done styles not only ages but make her head look weird. Personally, I like her hair down loose and wavy, but not ironed straight. I can never figure out why women would iron straight their hair.

Little_star said:
Mary should really wear her hair down more, when it's up it really ages her. She tends to look a lot more youthful when it's down.

I am yet to see pcitures of Mary's hair up, and as a result looks as if it has aged her appearance. I personally dont see it. Her Royal Highness does have gorgeous hair though, Absolutely stunning & so thick!

"MII"

Last edited:
"I think the overly done styles not only ages but make her head look weird. Personally, I like her hair down loose and wavy, "
Exactly! She looks so much more natural, alot of her updos are like Mathilde's in that they're very constricted and look overdone.

I love all Princess Mary's hairstyles, but this is my favourite!

Last edited by a moderator:
can one say that she wore a hat to her sons christing or was it more like a
i do not know the word in english
the swedish one is huvudbonad

I like Princess Mary's hats, and she with them is beauty!

Josefine said:
can one say that she wore a hat to her sons christing or was it more like a
i do not know the word in english
the swedish one is huvudbonad

It was a floral aigrette, supported on a head band.

"MII"

I think Mary has the best taste in hats and headpieces. They are just beautiful and the hats dont take over. The hats and headpieces only add to her beauty.

Margrethe II said:
It was a floral aigrette, supported on a head band.

"MII"

It was just gorgeous, IMO. A nice addition, traditional and classic.

:)

Are there any hats and headpieces that the princess has worn recently.

O yea, thanks for posting that. I must be one of the few who likes that fur headpiece.

Princejohnny25 said:
O yea, thanks for posting that. I must be one of the few who likes that fur headpiece.

It's not that I dislike the fur headpiece; it's just that I don't think the idea of wearing fur on your head is a nice idea. She has so many nice hats that would have been just as appropriate for the occasion. Fur coats are good enough for me. Plus the fur headpiece travelled to Kate Middleton :cool: :D :rolleyes: .

sometimes i think she has to much of a bump with she has her hair up at galas

yup.. she is getting prettier and prettier and more princess like :)

soCal girl said:
Not really. Mary hasn't gone to any events that required any hats except for Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway's christening. I wouldn't call the fur headpiece a hat exactly :eek: , but judge for yourself.

From hola.es

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=bautizo-11a.jpg
when i saw this picture of mary and victoria, i was amazed by the simplicity of victoria. if you look at it victoria is the blue-blooded and yet she's so simple compared to mary. i wouldn't call it a hat either.;) i think mary's experimenting a lot these days.:cool: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
CP Mary really gets her hairstyle right most of the times, I'd say - very feminine and yet regal, too.
Am I the only one who detects quite some resemblance of CP Mary to Queen Silvia in her younger years?
Quite a good example to follow, IMO!

I've always liked Mary's look. IMO her hairstyles are very classic and always in style.

Personally I think she looks best when she wears it loose. It makes her look more natural and down to earth.

Also thanks Queen Zanobia for the link the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom