Crown Princess Mary's Hats, Headwear and Hairstyles: March 2004 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the coat and hat yet again, but I do agree that the hair is not a good look for her.

Yes she had a similar 'do for the reopening of the opera house (I think it was), maybe check out her evening wear thread, might be simplest. Also, there is this too: 20080210
(I hope that link works)

I do like her with curly hair in the opera photo. I just think with the hat it doesn't go. Esp, when it is off to one side.

What a wonderful way to style her hair. Those curls were lovely and gave this particular hat balance. Wonderfully chic and what a gorgeous photo!!

Yes she had a similar 'do for the reopening of the opera house (I think it was), maybe check out her evening wear thread, might be simplest. Also, there is this too: 20080210
(I hope that link works)

I like her hair in these photos (thank you for the link, Marmi!). In the opera photos, her hair is very elegant-looking. It worked for her. In the photos from the opening of parliament, her hairstyle just doesn't work with that hat. Perhaps if the curls were a bit more loose...they look like ringlets to me, and ringlets only look nice on very young girls.

(thank you for the link, Marmi!).

Pleasure. If you haven't seen the rest of the website, you should. I'm a fan (hate that term) of his work.

Well, shoot me for it:ROFLMAO:, I like the curls. It's young, fresh and daring. She spiced up the whole boring opening of the Parlement for me.

I agree, her hair looks great full of body!

Yes am terribly jealous, that sort of style would likely look quite good on me too, but my hair would never hold it, much too fine... :ermm:

Mary at the opening of the parliament 2008

http://i37.tinypic.com/ke7m2q.jpg

source

The hat is one of my favourites... but OMG! :ohmy: That hairdo is more then weird! :eek: I don't like it at all.
This hairstyle and the beehive she had on an engagment ball (with a turquoise gown) were the only nono's I can say about her hair. I think this time she made the mistake of trying something new, instead of going with something that works. We all go through such times at the hairdresser, that we want a change, and the drastic change, just doesn't do it for us. The wavy look she has in 2 posts b4 mine is gr8!:flowers:

I actually do like the curls. It's quite a special look, not modern, not retro, I can't put my finger on it, but it works for her imo.

Fabulous(except for the purple one that appears at the beginning of the gallery)!

Fabulous(except for the purple one that appears at the beginning of the gallery)!

I always did hate that one! This one with the gold suit was never quite my cup of tea either (nor was the black & white one from Australia but nevermind).

She does have som great ones too though :)

I always did hate that one! This one with the gold suit was never quite my cup of tea either (nor was the black & white one from Australia but nevermind).

She does have som great ones too though :)

I actually thought of a Christmas present when I saw that photo. I'm not wild about the suit either. My mum and dad have pillows on their sofa made of the same fabric:lol:. We're all allowed some missteps, though. The majority of her hats are very beautiful.

explosion on the woman's head. Call the doctor :D

ugly hair with ugly dress. :eek:

I like the curls on her, it makes her look softer. They are a bit more of an effort to maintain though.

this style is messy, but i like that she is curling her hair and mixing it up
i hope that she will continue to do so

I don't mind it when her fringe has a bit of a curl to it and a light wave throughout. And her hair lately has looked really quite nice. She's having a little 'fun' with a fresh and vibrant style and it works well for her.

And I'm someone who would generally prefer to see her wear a chignon, so that has to say 'something'..haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom