The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Thanks for those pics Dazzling. It's interesting to see just how short it is from the back view. I think it's much more simple for her to do. But wait, does she even do her own hair for these daytime appearances? Maybe she has a team of primpers? I'm not real sure on a daily basis how much help these royals get with such things as their own hair and make-up.
I do not like her haircut, despite that she is still beautiful.

I think she has hairdresses every day, at least at her disposal IF she needs..

Late Diana, had every day. Of course, she started every day by swimming, so the hairdresser was necessary.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003

I think she has hairdresses every day, at least at her disposal IF she needs..

Late Diana, had every day. Of course, she started every day by swimming, so the hairdresser was necessary.
Having someone there to help Mary with her hair if she needs the help makes sense to me. However, princess or not I would like to think that Mary is still human enough that she sometimes goes around their home with her hair undone.

And also she has now opted for what seems to be an easier to manage style so that also makes me think Mary might actually do her own hair more than we think.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can say now that I prefer her long hair. Mary I still love just hope she grows it after this little experiment.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Mary at DR1 HIV/AIDS concert & telethon feb 17,2006 - Picture
Old 02-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Nobility

Her hair looked really good at the aids event.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

In osloa at the concert
left view
right view
Old 02-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

Her hair looks fantastic!! I haven't liked a hairstyle of hers so much since her engagement announcement!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Mary at DR1 HIV/AIDS concert & telethon feb 17,2006 - Picture
She looks a little like Queen Rania there!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

March 7, 2007 at Museum for Arts and Crafts in Copenhagen
side view ( sorry, not back view) curls seem to be so soft
front view, the band is a great finishing
Old 03-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
March 7, 2007 at Museum for Arts and Crafts in Copenhagen
side view ( sorry, not back view) curls seem to be so soft
front view, the band is a great finishing
Wow! Mary has obviously either had a light perm or hair rollers and curling tongs have been heavily used.

Either way Mary's hair has that softer, fuller look. The original new haircut was too sharp and straight and, when compared to your photo's, tended to make Mary look pinched and tired.

This new look is a dream.... wonderful, and with the headband she can achieve the same smooth look around the face balanced with the curls that she achieved in some of her most wonderful formal up-dos.

Oh dear, I wish I could wax lyrical like Thomas, but I'll have to settle for Wow!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Serene Highness

Gosh I really can't make my mind up about her hair. I'm not sure what my problem is. At first I really liked it and now I'm leaning towards not liking it. This most recent look with the headband did nothing for her. But maybe Mary's hair just doesn't look that great curled maybe that's what is throwing everything off. Now that I think about it how many pics have we seen of Mary's hair curled before she cut it?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

After seeing the pics of today with Mary being there for Christian's first day of nursery school. I have been thinking that in recent appearances Mary's hair up front by her face looks shorter. It just looks like a slightly different hairstyle then the original shorter hairstyle that debuted in January. What are others opinions, am I imagining something or is it a little shorter in the front(maybe layered some) or is it just styled differently? You can check out some recent photos at the link below.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I realized that, too.
Mary's hair definitely looks different now. Shorter and (if you ask me ) much better.

January 2007

March 2007

Old 03-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Yes, I realized that, too.
Mary's hair definitely looks different now. Shorter and (if you ask me ) much better.

January 2007

March 2007
I think it looks shorter because her hair is pulled back behind her ears, where is the first picture (jan 07) its straight open
Old 03-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I think it looks shorter because her hair is pulled back behind her ears, where is the first picture (jan 07) its straight open
Hmmm, yes. But don't you think it looks a bit shorter now?
Mary in March `07
(source: Polfoto)

Old 03-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness

Okay so it's not my imagination. It does look a little different. I think she seems to be having fun playing with it a bit. Maybe she got the initial bob back in January and then decided she could handle it even shorter. Some people just have a hard time imagining and getting used to their hair shorter when they've had long for awhile. It's easier and not as shocking to go shorter in gradual steps sometimes for the person and in Mary's case for the public. I know I'm that type, I have to go shorter in a gradual way.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

The biggest difference I notice are heavy layers in her hair, which she didn't have when she debuted the bob. She had her hair in just one layer, but now she wears it more feathered.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

I think that on Mary's first appearance with short hair (back in January) her hair had been styled with a flat iron. Flat irons make your hair very straight and therefore can add a bit of length (I know it happens to me). On other appearances, Mary has styled her hair differently and appears shorter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
After seeing the pics of today with Mary being there for Christian's first day of nursery school. I have been thinking that in recent appearances Mary's hair up front by her face looks shorter. It just looks like a slightly different hairstyle then the original shorter hairstyle that debuted in January. What are others opinions, am I imagining something or is it a little shorter in the front(maybe layered some) or is it just styled differently? You can check out some recent photos at the link below.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Hat Collection

Here's a little collection of hats worn by Mary.

Mary's hats

sources: Corbis, Scanpix, ANP, UK Press, VR

I really like her hats! They all look quite elegant and stylish!

Old 03-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Nobility

I don't know if this is in the wrong thread but I would like to know when does Mary have to wear a hat (for which occasions?).
I noticed that when she was first doing her engagements she wore hats quite often but she doesn't seem to anymore.

Is it just up to her on the day?

Thanks

Tags
crown princess mary, crown princess mary of denmark, hair, hairstyle, hats, headwear, mary donaldson, mary: crown princess of denmark