Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drws/269172bc.jpg

I personally like it better in yesterday's version, without the collar. I thought Mary looked splendid thanks to the outfit, apart from the hair and those fussy shoes, what an ugly pair.
Today's version of the coat is far superior to that of it's 2008 incarnation. I think, as others have stated, that Mary has found a terrific seamstress, and the alterations are very flattering.

In this case I think removing the collar made a great difference and the coat seems a little more fitted, But I still love the delightful nonsense that is the shoes.

I also agree with many other posters that this occasion called for a really fabulous up do. Mathilde's was amazing.

Omg love the red soles of the Louboutins, haven't seen this picture of Crown Princess Mary, thanks for posting!

I love the gold shoes, too. They bring flirty and whimsy to an otherwise conventional outfit.

Oh, I wasn't talking about those black shoes, I was referring to the shoes she was wearing with the updated coat. I thought someone said those shoes were Louboutins.

Other makes of shoes have red soles its no longer just a Louboutin thing. Plus looking at the pictures the gold shoes have a darker red sole than normal Louboutins.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bIinwxjLthA/TyQ2Nj4iBhI/AAAAAAAAqbs/QiBretFuLq0/s1600/222222222227.jpg
plus the heel isnt red like all other Louboutins which makes me think they might be by another designer

Crown Princess Mary at the Ecco Walk in Style Award ceremony 2012 in Copenhagen, this evening,
January 31, 2012, wearing a white suit and a black top and black shoes - looks fresh and modern:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Uggh Dupioni silk is too shiny. Plus, I don't like the fit on Mary.

This might be one of my favorite looks on Mary in a while. I have seen very high end versions of this here that are way out of my budget! I know I will get knocked for this but with such a minimal elegant outfit she needs better and bigger earrings.

This might be my least favorite! I don't like white white plus shine, and I'm not liking the style of pants.

That outfit is truly, truly horrible. What on earth was her stylist thinking?!

This type of style does not suit her at all!

The material is too shiny and the cut of the trousers looks odd, especially at the upper thigh. But I do like that black lace top.

Definitely a 'no'. I don't like how the suit fits, and the shiny fabric reminds of something that could worn to a 70s disco party.

This just screams no, no, no, to me. The shine, the cut, the pants. The black lace underneath all that. yuk.

A real disaster! It doesn't fit properly, mostly too tight. The pants are too tight, especially up top, the jacket doesn't button properly, it's too small and puffs out above and below the button. She looks uncomfortable. The black lace blouse underneath looks too much like underwear and shows below the jacket.
It kind of reminds me of a teenage girl wearing something to provoke her parents.
Not a CP look.

:ermm: Very Hollywood! :D

Crown Princess Mary at the Ecco Walk in Style Award ceremony 2012 in Copenhagen, this evening,
January 31, 2012, wearing a white suit and a black top and black shoes - looks fresh and modern:

very nice picture as always sooo elegant so beautiful :flowers:

When you don't see the length of the pants, it actually looks great. It's a stylish idea with ankle pant suit but the pants are very unflattering, I can't imagine them looking good on anyone. The jacket is a bit too long for such pants.

The only thing I don't like about this outfit is the scoop cut-away on the jacket. Seems dated to me.

Her hair looks beautiful when worn like this. Suits her very well.

The colour is wonderful, it suits her very well, suitable for the ocassion, fashion and moderns, love it has always!:flowers:

She looks like Hollywood star not like CP. Too fashionable, too shiny, too tight. Nice hair but too dark make-up. I know that this is event connected with fashion but she could find more suitable outfit.

I also agree that it is too tight/shiny/cheap looking for Mary, yet I admire her for trying a new look

I also agree that it is too tight/shiny/cheap looking for Mary, yet I admire her for trying a new look

I think the shiny fabric makes this a night suit. If worn for the daytime, then it would be overdressed IMO.

Agree, but it's too 'disco' for me, shiny pants, shiny jacket, too much.

Her hair looks beautiful when worn like this. Suits her very well.
I have to disagree, I like the hairstyle itself, it´s quite pretty, but it doesn´t flatter her face, she looks older than she is, IMO.
I love the black lace top and the pumps, but the suit is tacky. Awful fabric and the thin pants are so unflattering.

:previous: Fair enough. I think it does flatter her face, especially with added wave. It sit's well and is a great length for her.

For me the hairstyle itself does not age Mary, Mary is just naturally ageing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom