Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I too looke CP Mary's coat, it's so elegant!

wish we could see photosofhow she was dress in her bday party!!!!!

Crown Princess Mary at a dinner in connection with the 50-year anniversary of DANIDA
yesterday, March 15, wearing a combination of black and red with a strong flower print.
I like it better from a distance, with a closer look the print is a bit too strong for my taste.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I agree Iceflower. The red floral print on the black is a bit strong but Mary does seem to pull it off here. In fact she looks lovely.

I agree about the print, I find the white flashs irritating. At first I thought it was some plastic material.

The pumps look too high & tight, almost painful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking at the outfit is painful,
the shirt and the killer shoe ouch !

The plastic is too strong..sometimes Mary can be accused of beeing a fashion addicted...sometimes she could be a bit more low profile and still be beautiful...she is not a model, she is not a celebrity...she works for her country...

I agree with the previous observations as well - the pattern of the top is not very pretty and looks better from afar. Other than that red and black is a good combo, always. Those are killer heels indeed, but they have a nice shape. The bottega veneta clutch is a nice classic. Not fond of her hair color here.

Ouch :eek:. That print is too much. I'm not liking the outfit at all. The shoes make my feet hurt, and I'm not even wearing them.

I'm not too fond of this evening outfit either. Besides I truly dislike this kind of collars. But I do love the simple BV clutch, they're so elegant!

The plastic is too strong..sometimes Mary can be accused of beeing a fashion addicted...sometimes she could be a bit more low profile and still be beautiful...she is not a model, she is not a celebrity...she works for her country...

Yes, and she works very hard for her country. I don't like all of what she puts on, but at least she makes an effort to look her best at each event she attends:flowers:

This is one of my least favorite looks. I don't care for the oriental type collar at all, and like others have said her shoes make my feet hurt.:lol:

Crown princess Mary looks lovely in this outfit and looks so chic and elegant only that I think a solid color for the shirt would have been best for this outfit.

The only thing I don't like about the top are those white streaks flashing through it. OK, the flowers resemble the old-fashioned cabbage roses, but the solid bottom tones the upper part down and I don't mind the mandarin collar. Mary has the coloring to carry bold bright prints well. The clutch is lovely, I love her pearl earrings but the combination of killer stilettos and cobblestones makes my feet and toes cry out for mercy!

Last edited:
Not liking the print.I think it's too much.

I like this print and it looks elegant, but the collar is a big no for me, it completely ruins the whole look.

The white streaks make it look like the fabric was wrinkled when the print was applied so that the dye didn't make it on to the whole surface. But she sure is a pretty lady

I was wondering when she was going to wear this top again. The first time to Norways Independance lunch celebrating 100yrs. It was November 2005 just after she gave birth to Prince Christian in October of that year. The second time with a pecil thin black skirt with a satin edged side split worn to a Mental Health do in Oct 2006. That time she looked very elegant. Sorry I don't know how to post a photo. Someone else may be able to dig these older pics up and post them - for you to compare.

I remember first time when she wore it, she has hair in ponytail IIRC. For me this top has Asian look, probably because if the collar and is not my favorite. But works well with black skirt and accessories.

Just love it. She looks great, well groomed and can carry off the strong color and print.

I've always thought this dress was boring.

I always like Mary in brown, but I agree, kinda blah. I will have to wait for other pics.

Very elegant indeed. I actually like the rich brown colour.

Isn't this the same dress we got a glimpse of a few years ago when Frederik and Mary attended an evening event at a shooting society?

This gown is one of my favourites, it looks incredible on her. I really like the piece of jewellery on the front.

I was thinking it was worn in Greenland with a strange headband and a crochet shawl but I will have to check.

The dress is nice, the colour I agree is boring. I don't like her hair as well. It looks somewhat strange on the forehand. I adore her figure. She is slim but not too thin. She has a made for dresses figure.

Very elegant indeed. I actually like the rich brown colour.

Isn't this the same dress we got a glimpse of a few years ago when Frederik and Mary attended an evening event at a shooting society?

Yes, she has worn it before. I'm actually happy that she has started to recycle such timeless dresses, and I would absolutely adore this gown in dark purple or emerald green. I'm not too keen on brown in general. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom