Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hairstyle looks very feminine and glamourous.I like the colour of the suit and the lace top looks beautiful:) At first sight I absolutely loved her outfit,but maybe the jacket is a little bit too long and the trousers a bit too tight,however she looks very fresh and dynamic with this look!

This outfit is absolutely exquisite, especially the elegant jacket. What a beautiful style and cut. The soft shine on the fabric gives a real sumptuous and rich look. A slightly different design for Mary which definitely compliments her very soft and feminine hairstyle.

Last edited:
i love her handbag!!! the rest i dont think is for her!

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the hairstyle itself does not age Mary, Mary is just naturally ageing.
True, but I still think that the hairstyle helps to age her. If I didn´t knew Mary and after seeing those pics, I would think that these photos from this week are from some years ago:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Maybe it isn´t just the hair, but the combination with that dramatic make-up, those dark eye shadows and all usually age women, I find them more appropiate for younger people. On the contrary, in Brussels she wore a more simple and bright make-up that lightened up her face and skin, so she looked a lot younger. Plus the hair had a younger style.
I don´t know if I had explained myself at all, anyway it´s just my opinion :flowers:

Yes, the purse is super-cute, didn´t see it before ;)
Thanks for the pics, ashelen.

This just screams no, no, no, to me. The shine, the cut, the pants. The black lace underneath all that. yuk.

Totally agree. I don't like it. And I also think that the hair and make-up makes her look older.

True, but I still think that the hairstyle helps to age her. If I didn´t knew Mary and after seeing those pics, I would think that these photos from this week are from some years ago:

If you look at the photo's taken of Mary from the event last night that were at a distance, you'll see that she looks as young as she did some three or so years ago as well.

It's expected that her features should be less telling of age when such photo's focus on her as a whole, as opposed to just her face

...those dark eye shadows and all usually age women, I find them more appropiate for younger people.

However, I would understand if her use of eye makeup influenced your opinion. The said applied style of makeup is generally best suited for younger women, I'd agree ;)

Last edited:
I really love it on her and I adore the cute handbag. I sooooo badly wish I had the body for a white suit like that.

Last edited:
She's working that suit alright. She looks absolutely increbile and the white is not too bad if it wasn't so shiny.

But kudos to Mary for wearing a suit, more women should.

Crown Princess Mary this evening at a dinner for the Diplomatic Corps - white dress and a gold jacket:

** Full view **

Mary looks absolutely beautiful, I'm not a big fan of the jacket thing, but the colours looks beautiful to her. It's too bad we can't fully see the dress.

I'm not sure about the outfit, I like the fact that it isn't black but the gold jacket doesn't do it for me. Would love to see the dress on its own.

I find that the dress would have been better off without the jacket.

The gold jacket is out of place. I'd love to see the dress without it.

Agree with everybody, the dress is nice but it´s too light for such a heavy jacket. Lovely hairdo, too.

From the one picture I've seen, I just love that jacket! It doesn't look heavy to me.
The skirt - or dress -looks lovely as well. Nice to se light, spring-like colours on her now.

:previous: I'm with you on this one. Until I have seen a close-up of the colours, textures and shapes, the jury is out.

Maybe it isn´t just the hair, but the combination with that dramatic make-up, those dark eye shadows and all usually age women, I find them more appropiate for younger people. On the contrary, in Brussels she wore a more simple and bright make-up that lightened up her face and skin, so she looked a lot younger. Plus the hair had a younger style.
I don´t know if I had explained myself at all, anyway it´s just my opinion :flowers:

Yes, the purse is super-cute, didn´t see it before ;)
Thanks for the pics, ashelen.

she look wonderful as always I like princess Mary very much :flowers:

Crown Princess Mary this evening at a dinner for the Diplomatic Corps - white dress and a gold jacket:

** Full view **

she look very beautiful and so elegant :flowers:

I love the gold jacket but not with the dress.

I really like what I can see of Mary's dress, but am not too sure about pairing it with the jacket. I don't care for the bunched-up sleeves; they give it added bulk with the bow belt.

I'm liking the white evening gown with the gold jacket...perfect tiara hair too!

** Full view **

I must say that I really like the combination of the jacket and the skirt, its different yet it works lovely IMO. The jacket i snot too goldfish yellow which works with the skirt. Its interesting with a tiara IMO.

Thank you Iceflower, they are terrific shots.

OK. For me I think it's a terrific look. The dress is white. The jacket a softer bronze rather than a harsh gold. and the pearls on the tiara are a triumph. It all works to create the perfect finish. Everything harmonises so well.

The white dress without the soft bronze would tend to wash her out these days (it is still winter isn't it), and the very structured straight lines of the dress are softened by the softer detailing on the jacket, all of which created a beautiful gown that was complimented by the blue of the Elephant Order sash.

The second version of her wedding tiara looked absolutely wonderful with this outfit and hair style. The white of the dress played off the white of her pearl earrings whilst the bronze bought a deep lustre to the screw on pearls on the tiara, all beautifully illustrated.

Stunning in gold and white, lovely tiara.

It is quite a different look for very formal evening ware, however I do find it to be very classical and most elegant. The gold jacket is such a beautiful design and it does work surprisingly well with the formal white gown. Mary does look lovely and so does her dashing Prince.

This has to be one of my favorite tiara looks for Mary.IMO She is so beautiful in warm colors with her peachy skin. Pearls and all jewels are the right amount. Oh she looks so princessy. I love it!

I quite like this outfit. The only thing I don't like about the jacket are the sleeves.

This is a lovely gown and it reminds me of something that Queen Rania has worn.

I really like what I can see of Mary's dress, but am not too sure about pairing it with the jacket. I don't care for the bunched-up sleeves; they give it added bulk with the bow belt.

I agree about the sleeves; I would prefer a different jacket.
But the white dress is lovely.

I am so in love with this. Love the hair and tiara, love the colour combo of the gorgeous gown and jacket, she looks very much the princess here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom