Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 8: July 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like this dress, it's ugly, too much going on and the colors are strange. This piece is hard to wear. Mary looked good only in 2006, I like silver shoes and hairstyle.
About the appearances at Culture Prize I like dresses from 2008 and 2009 - chic, good colors and eye-catching details. This year is nt the best. But not that bad as 'gothic' look from 2006.

Mary looks beautiful as far as hair and make up go, and the fit of the dress is great. But the dress itself, not so much. I don't like the grey and browns together.

It looks like she's wearing a carpet!

I bet Mary has pictures like that printed out for her, like the ones Davis posted...so she can see what she wore previous years and not double up and wear the chosen dress a different way to the other four occasions she has before...

This is not one of my favorites on Mary.. It is just so .. odd looking. Her hair and makeup are flawless. She has grown so much in her princess role and is The most elegant and regal looking of all the CP, imo. This dress just does not do it for me this one time!

What a great collection of flashbacks! They show Mary's constant evolution, and thankfully she has polished her look as I really dislike the dress from 2006! My best looks for Mary at this event are in 2008, 2009, and 2010. 2007 is neutral for me -- the dress is pretty but something is off with the overall look. Although I'm not a fan of the dress she wore to the event this year, I think it is her best look in this dress.

Thanks for the flashback! I love love 2009. this year's dress is just so ugly, ugly colors, shape, gathers and details.
Her hair and makeup are the best, however.

It is a Prada dress. I do like it, the colors are a nice combination and the tailoring is quite different to many of the dress we see/seen. I like the look of it being "couture look". Mary's hair is really nice, it is too classic to go with the look but nevertheless the overall is quite neat. This is a dress which is different color and cut wise, not something we usually see Mary in (even if it is a repeat it is one of those few creative/detailing dresses).

Mary herself does look lovely but the dress is so aweful. Definitely a bad advertisement for Prada. The silver grey bodice clashes with the brown and caramel skirt, which already looks badly constructed. In fact this dress almost looks "home made" using a top from one dress and a skirt and sleeves from another dress. Not at a flattering item nor an elegant statement for that matter.

Last edited:
She probably wanted something different but this dress isn't particularly pretty. Nothing special IMO.

I think you all said it perfectly!

Am I the only one who likes this dress? :lol:

That's putting it nicely.. I am impressed with your comment. :) However, I am still not a fan of the dress... lol

Last edited:
none can pull off this dress except Mary.I may love the dress if it was without this thing hanged on the skirt.the hair and makeup are lovely.

I don't have words for how ugly it is.

I don't particularly like the dress BUT it does say 'Mary' all over it...it is quirky and unusual, three-quarter sleeved...It is just a more upmarket (being Prada) version of Mary's intrinsic style, Pre-Princess...It reminds me of that casual pink apron number she wore one day while being chased by the paparazzi (someone surely knows to what I am referring)...She just dares to be different and teamed with her newly acquired station in life, she doesn't care what people think!!

I first I thought it was a nice red dress but,as I scrolled down I was disappointed.

It's a nice outfit, but I'm not sure if that red is the best color for Mary (it might only look like that the picture, but to me it's too orange-ish, she looks better in warmer, deeper shades of red). The belt looks nice and I think all in all it's a timeless, elegant outfit. You're right, Duke - a pretty brooch or something like that would have completed the look.

Apart from the smooth face she looks rather skinny and harsh here, though. I don't like the blue (?) eye shadow.

Really pretty outfit. I would love to see her diamond circle brooch up at the neck. Mary is glowing as usual.:)

Not bad outfit but also not the best. Dierna - she's wearing gray metallic eye shadow, not the best I think.

The idea of combining the red shirt with the black pants is very pretty - but it somehow does not suit Princess Mary...

Stunning colour on Mary. Better than any other shade of red I've seen her wear. Contrasts perfectly with black.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom