The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I like the eyemakeup but not the nail polish - tacky. Maybe Maxima can get away with blood red nails but not Mary.

http://db3.stb.s-msn.com/i/99/FEDB74...EAA513D640.jpg
Sorry guys, but that is the worst "LOOK" that Mary has ever had! The 1940's hair is really flat and unflattering and the hair and the colour of the top make her face look utterly featureless, sort of bland and moon-faced. Ugh! Whatever was she thinking?

Old 10-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I like the eyemakeup but not the nail polish - tacky. Maybe Maxima can get away with blood red nails but not Mary.

wow, in this photo she does not look so photgenic, or good, but i must say her eyelashes looks incredible long!!!!!!!

Old 10-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Aristocracy

It's not good at all.This shade of red doesn't suit her and I'm not interested in wide leg pants,the hair and makeup are also bad.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Sorry guys, but that is the worst "LOOK" that Mary has ever had! The 1940's hair is really flat and unflattering and the hair and the colour of the top make her face look utterly featureless, sort of bland and moon-faced. Ugh! Whatever was she thinking?
She was thinking that she likes the top and the hair.
And I really like it too, especially the hair.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Majesty

The multi-colored dress is simply hideous. If it were in one color (grey preferably) it may have been deemed 'OK' in my book, but the grey-brown-beige/light green combo is looking too much like a pre-school painting.

The red blouse and black pants (or is it a long skirt?) combo is all right, but the red is a little too bright for my taste. The nail polish has got to go though. Red nails do not look good on everyone.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Nice look for Mary. The wide leg pants looks good on Mary, blouse and belt are lovely. Her hairstyle is pretty.
A little view of her purse: http://db3.stb.s-msn.com/i/4C/14EB4E...BC8A35E9B5.jpg
Old 10-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you, Marika. I think she looks lovely. Everyone takes a bad pic now and then and Mary is no exception... she IS human , after all! I am not a fan of her nail polish but that is Really nit picking!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Nobility

This look is neither here nor there for me -- not ugly, not attractive. But I don't like the red nails.

Quote:

For some reason this photo reminds me of Mary prior to her princess make over.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I agree with you, Marika. I think she looks lovely. Everyone takes a bad pic now and then and Mary is no exception... she IS human , after all! I am not a fan of her nail polish but that is Really nit picking!
I think she looks fine too. I don't think the polish looks that bad. Really like the curls!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Aristocracy

I love the red nail polish!!!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
It's a nice outfit, but I'm not sure if that red is the best color for Mary (it might only look like that the picture, but to me it's too orange-ish, she looks better in warmer, deeper shades of red). The belt looks nice and I think all in all it's a timeless, elegant outfit. You're right, Duke - a pretty brooch or something like that would have completed the look.

Apart from the smooth face she looks rather skinny and harsh here, though. I don't like the blue (?) eye shadow.
Agreed she looks a bit skinny and needs some blings to soften things up.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:03 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't really know what it is about the outfit, the red top and red nails, that jars. It just does!

Over the years Mary has worn lots of red and looked really lovely so I think, perhaps, it could be that the red is yellow based rather than blue on both top and nails, and makes her look a bit sallow, or, perhaps the camera lighting was really off.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:30 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
Not bad outfit but also not the best. Dierna - she's wearing gray metallic eye shadow, not the best I think.
Thank you for your opinion, agami.pearl. It really looked kind of blue on my PC, but you're right. Not the best, I agree.

And yes, MARG. That's what I thought as well. The red looks yellow based and I think that's not the best color for her. As she has a very fair skin and dark hair, she looks quite like a "winter type" to me and they should always wear blue based colors. In fact we've seen it over the years - garnet red for example looks very good on her.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:45 AM
Courtier

From the photograph, the red shade almost borders on serise pink which unfortunately does not work too well with her complexion. The fact that her nails were painted to match the outfit does make it look a bit too "match matchy". Not many people can successfully "pull off" red nail polish without it looking cheap. I think a softer or more neutral shade would have worked much better for Mary. Definitely not her best look.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Royal Highness

I think Mary should stay away from orange tones. It's just don't work with her skin color.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Nice look for Mary. The wide leg pants looks good on Mary, blouse and belt are lovely. Her hairstyle is pretty.
A little view of her purse: http://db3.stb.s-msn.com/i/4C/14EB4E...BC8A35E9B5.jpg

She should avoid red, but that's a nice overall look.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Princess Mary attends the opening of the America-Scandinavia Foundation Centennial exhibition in New York; October 20, 2011.

Full length ** Front close-up ** Hair style from back

Love this look - the dress is lovely, the accessories match the brown/beige tones in the dress and the hair is nicely styled.

This dress is something that I would definately wear myself.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Courtier

Love this, the colours are beautiful and it is a nice style. i like the shoulder detail. Her hair is the standout, gorgeous colour and length.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Courtier

She is evoking a Scandinavian autumn with that gorgeous dress...Love it!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

That dress is divine!