The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes it is possible the smae with alterations, what ever is the case i would like to know who made it is is stuuning, I WANT ONE!!!!! to much to ask??????she looks lovely!

Old 11-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary is every inch the Crown Princess...Regal, Elegant, Poised, Stunning. This gown just proves it.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks amazing! I love the dress!
Old 11-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Courtier

She looks stunning.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The final event of the Australia tour and a stunning look for Crown Princess Mary at a charity
dinner for the Alannah and Madeline Foundation on November 26, 2011 in Melbourne. Perfect!

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Stunning dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Recycled dress from Victoria's wedding last year, I think, with some minor alterations made.
Nope I don't think so, unless massive alterations were made.

This is the dress worn to the wedding itself, Princess Mary Pictures - Guests at Princess Victoria's Wedding - Zimbio
This is the dress worn to the dinner two days prior to the wedding, http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.c...ia-mary1-a.jpg

Therefore, I'm going with new dress.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Majesty

The bluish-grey dress is gorgeous. Suits Mary's complexion. I like her hair too.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Stunning dres

This is the dress worn to the wedding itself, Princess Mary Pictures - Guests at Princess Victoria's Wedding - Zimbio
This is the dress worn to the dinner two days prior to the wedding, http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.c...ia-mary1-a.jpg

Yes, it's possible it's a new dress, but , sorry, I don't understand you:

What does the pre-wedding dress (Victoria's wedding, pic two) have to do with this dress?
I meant, that the dress in your first pic is the same as the dress in Melbourne, with minor alterations?!
Old 11-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Stunning dress

Im not so sure - iniatially i thought new dress but they seem to be the same colour so having two dresses of the same soft green seems unusual. The only altertaion that i think has been doen is to remove the lace neckline and replace with a shoulder floatly sash effect - otherwise the dresses have the same pleat effect and waistline details

Old 11-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What does the pre-wedding (Victoria's wedding, pic two) have to do with this dress?
I meant, that the dress in your first pic is the same as the dress in Melbourne, with minor alterations?!
Because the dress in picture two, is of similar design to the Melbourne dress, therefore it could be buy the same designer.
I understand that you were referring to the wedding day dress itself, which IMO would need more than minor alterations to look anything like the dress worn in Melbourne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Im not so sure - iniatially i thought new dress but they seem to be the same colour so having two dresses of the same soft green seems unusual. The only altertaion that i think has been doen is to remove the lace neckline and replace with a shoulder floatly sash effect - otherwise the dresses have the same pleat effect and waistline details
Or two different dresses, same designer? I don't see why having two dresses in the same colour is unusual in anyway?
Old 11-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Because the dress in picture two, is of similar design to the Melbourne dress, therefore it could be buy the same designer.
I understand that you were referring to the wedding day dress itself, which IMO would need more than minor alterations to look anything like the dress worn in Melbourne.

Or two different dresses, same designer? I don't see why having two dresses in the same colour is unusual in anyway?
Minor alterations? It looks very much like the wedding day dress. Then lace has been removed, and the thing that is on Mary's shoulder, has been added, but otherwise it's the same.

But, the same dress or a different, it doesn't matter. I just thought it was the same dress, but with the alterations made into a "new" dress. Two dresses for the price of one. Put back the lace and remove the thing on her shoulder and it's back to the first version. I don't know if the designer was ever identified. Jesper Hovring? The white dress is Malene Birger.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Majesty

Looking more closely at the blue-grey dress from Mary's last event in Australia, I'm reminded of a dress that was used in the Broadway revival of 'Anything Goes'. It has a 1930s feel to it. Elegant and lovely.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
She looks amazing!
Absolutely stunning! There's no one like Mary!
Old 11-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Late afternoon/early evening reception starting at 4:55 pm and surely lasting around 2 hours,
so I post it here, a matter of definition

Mary as the lady in red on November 25 - not sure about the shade of red, maybe it's a light result.

** Full view ** Upper part **
Lovely dress, I really liked the color
Old 11-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Recycled dress from Victoria's wedding last year, I think, with some minor alterations made.
Yes if you look at the bodice you can see it has the same line around the bust. I like this version more I think.

Princess Mary Pictures - Guests at Princess Victoria's Wedding - Zimbio

Prince Frederik and Princess Mary Visit Australia - Day 7 - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 11-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Whether it's a new or recycled altered dress, it's absolutely lovely and the blue-gray very flattering to Mary's coloring. The bodice and pleats are beautiful, the flow of the gown is seamless from waist to shoulder and over the back, and with the hair, it's a classic Grecian look. Stunning.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think your right, its the same dress with alterations, and I love it now and I loved it then.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Minor alterations? It looks very much like the wedding day dress. Then lace has been removed, and the thing that is on Mary's shoulder, has been added, but otherwise it's the same.

But, the same dress or a different, it doesn't matter. I just thought it was the same dress, but with the alterations made into a "new" dress. Two dresses for the price of one. Put back the lace and remove the thing on her shoulder and it's back to the first version. I don't know if the designer was ever identified. Jesper Hovring? The white dress is Malene Birger.
No, it has to be a major alteration to remove the lace and attach the one-shoulder top. Unless they are two detachable bodices, which is a possibility for the dress.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Right away I thought it was the same dress. And i don't think altering it would be any big deal. The lace could have been added for the wedding, we don't know, to make it less revealing for the church. The bodice seems to also be the same, a fabric overlay, over the existing bodice and then up over the shoulder seems to have been added. No big deal for someone who made such an intricate dress to begin with.
I agree with Calenei, the bustline, that is to say upper edge of the bodice in the way that it was created to be uneven, to be a little higher on one side, which is clear in the wedding photos, gives it away.
I like it so much better in this version.
She looks wonderful in it. I would have liked a hair ornament.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

If the original dress was altered in the top area ndeed, this version is much better.

Easily one of the best evening appearances that Mary had, ever. Stunning from head to toe.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Royal Highness

She is gorgeous! What a beautiful dress.