The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Courtier

mary has a lovely figure , but the dress didnt suit her at all .

Old 10-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is just hanging on the model. It looked much better on Mary but it isn't one of my favorites.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Maybe Mary just should have ordered the dress in the next size up, so it had a bit of hang on it and got it taken in and up in all the right places...shoulder and hemline...that gown needs to be a bit looser to look good, Mary wore it too tight and fitting, not good!
Old 10-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
On model dress is hanging, for Mary was too tight. Actually that gown is really ugly.
Haha, I have to agree. At first I though that it was a lovely dress but I didn´t like it on Mary. Now I see that mega-thin woman in it and looks even worse. So you may be right: it´s the dress.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Nobility

I thought the dress was beautiful on her. I really love her sense of style.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
Her evening gown for the gala is from Ole Yde Autumn/Winter 2010 collection:

http://content.copenhagenfashionweek...2659857112.jpg

I can't tell who wore it better: Princess Mary or the model.
I like the dress on the model.It looks too tight on Mary,maybe she picked the wrong size and a size up would be better.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Courtier

^^^^ That's what I said, Asma :)
Old 10-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
^^^^ That's what I said, Asma :)
I actually didn't read your post when I quoted Ayvee post and when reading it later I thought we have the same opinion.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Courtier

Sorry to disagree but this gown looks too aweful on the model. The hair, the severe make up and the figure of the model does not suit this dress at all. However, not every gown works with every woman. I do think that Mary brought this rather simple gown to life and gave it the elegance and class it really needed.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

https://picasaweb.google.com/1008659...26420571595890
i am not sure if anybody can see it or anybody has a better photo but I noticed that in Mary's hair style it is a piece hunging at the bottom loose that distract from the nice updo not very nice1
Old 10-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Nobility

Mary looked very pretty at the first evening event -- beautiful hair and makeup, lovely accessories and dress. But I do not like the second gown she wore. Mary has a fantastic body, but this dress was not at all flattering. In some pictures it looks like a possible winner but it's not, although I would not go so far as to say its a complete miss. My greatest dislike is how the fabric of the dress clung to her form in such a way that it exaggerated lumps and bumps. I agree with the comment that such a dress requires spanx. Although we'll probably never know what kind of undergarments Mary wears, whatever she wore under this dress appears to have been somewhat visible (judging from some of the photos).
Old 10-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

which photos I must be blind becasue i can not see any underwneat , the dress is very nice and saying she is a mother of 4 , with this dress you would sthink she is a lady with no kids! her body looks great!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Royal Highness

I also think she has a really great body,I always admired her for getting back in shape so well after giving birth to her children,she must be really disciplined with sports!
However I was not so sure about the dress,at first I thought it´s absolutely fabulous but than I saw the cut-outs around her shoulder which seem a little bit odd to me-but with a few alterations it could still become a nice outfit.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
which photos I must be blind becasue i can not see any underwneat , the dress is very nice and saying she is a mother of 4 , with this dress you would sthink she is a lady with no kids! her body looks great!
You may not be blind -- it could be me!
There are a few photos that I have seen where the way in which the fabric bunched and sat around her middle and bottom had me wondering.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessApple View Post
You may not be blind -- it could be me!
There are a few photos that I have seen where the way in which the fabric bunched and sat around her middle and bottom had me wondering.
ok, send me the photos so i have a second look, you might be right! still after 4 babies she looks amazing but always i wonder what she uses underneath!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Princess Mary at the Danish Ambassadors dinner on November 21, 2011 in Sydney, Australia,
wearing a great black dress and very nice accessories:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
Old 11-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I remember the dress, she has worn it before with silver shoes, I think.
I love the shoes and earrings, they´re gorgeous.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Boring dress, just so unremarkable.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Courtier

What a lovely and classic look. Her hair is simply yet beautifully styled. The shoes and earrings are a perfect match for a very elegant and flattering dress. Mary has really outdone herself here.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice dress. I really love the shoes and earrings.