Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 7: May 2010 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear

Part 7
previous thread

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

WIth the matching jacket the outfit is great, but with the cardigan it looked wrong. the colours looked so different and I didn't like the pattern of the dress (which is strange... somehow I think the pattern looked better with the jacket :lol:). her hair was perfect as always. all in all this was not one of her best looks in my opinion.

June 3, 2010 - Mary in a printed gold and red dress. Is this a new dress? looks quite pretty. Hair looks really nice tonight.

Full View ** Close Up ** Close Up 2

Last edited:
This is the first time the dress has been worn in public.

Her hair looks quite lovely. She seems to favour this platted hairstyle.

Really flattering colours for her and i agree, her hair is looking very nice.

I love this new dress, her hairstyle is beautiful and I like that she has placed something in her hair.

She looks gorgeous! Beautiful dress and hairstyle, amazing pearl earrings!!!

June 4, 2010 - Mary attending a reception in Washington DC in a recycled Hugo Boss dress first worn in Vietnam.

Full View ** Another View

Ive never bothered about this dress, its simple but there is something quite off about it. The shoes dont match at all and she did the samething 1st time round when wearing this dress.
Hair looks quite nice, its good to see her trying different hairstyles.

I agree dazzling, this dress doesn't really do it for me. I don't hate it, but I don't like it. She does look lovely though and I am really loving the hair. Her lady-in-waiting's dress was nice though.

I don't quite like the last look. Her hairdo is goregous, but I don't really like the dress. Furthermore the orange earrings, the blue dress and the silver shoes look mismatched.

I really liked the earrings! I thought they complimented beautifully and added a bit of colour. Her hair looks really lovely. Whoever is styling her hair this trip is doing a great job!

And as a side note, It is lovely to see Frederick complimenting Mary in his colours of suits.They look well matched indeed.

If you look at the pattern on the dress, i think orange lines run through the dress.
I didn't think the shoes are silver but a brown metallic colour.

If you look at the pattern on the dress, i think orange lines run through the dress.
I didn't think the shoes are silver but a brown metallic colour.

Yes there are orange lines that go through the print but they dont show unless you look close or in the close up pictures. From a distance the orange earrings dont match even when up close they look off since maybe becasue there is t oo much blue.
The earrings are very pretty though.

The warm colors must be more pronounced when you see the dress in person, I thought the same thing last time. 'why is she wearing brown metallic shoes,' but now I see the other colors better.

Mary looks stunning. Everything has really been gorgeous. Jewels have been perfect and the hair, wow she found a great hairstylist in DC!

June 4, 2010 - Mary attending a reception in Washington DC in a recycled Hugo Boss dress first worn in Vietnam.

Ive never bothered about this dress, its simple but there is something quite off about it. The shoes dont match at all and she did the samething 1st time round when wearing this dress.

I agree, the pattern of the dress isn't really pretty plus the stand up collar looks a bit too stiff, JMO. Not bad, but not one of her best evening outfits either.

Nice, but not the best. i found this dress quite interesting. The shoes- amazing but don't match to the dress. The hairstyle and jewelery - great.

I don't see whats wrong with her skin? She looks as stunning as ever.

:previous:

I agree, Lumutqueen. It's simply a close up which comes close to reality. And these Ladies usually look a bit different in reality than in most of the pictures we see. That's at least my experience. ;)

I think it's the harsh light mainly and that the years pass for everyone

^^^^^^^
This is a daytime event.

^^^^^^^
This is a daytime event.

Do you mean the event that Mary wore the Boss blue/orange printed dress too?
According to the calender it was an evening event at 7:00pm - 9:00pm.

This white-red flowery dress is the best worn by May in N.Y. so far.
I am not crazy about black-blue dress, it was too boring to be worn at evening.

I don't like this type of sleeve but the dress looks great on her. The shoes seem to go nicely IMO, and her hair is amazing!

Yes, I thought the one photo of Mary was awful. I think that she was tired and a bit dehydrated. But she is not that old. So I'm willing to chalk it up to bad day. Of course she ages like everyone, but I think it just looked worse that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom