Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 7: May 2010 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to sadly say I am agreeing with you Marg. Its not one thing, Mary just doesn't have her elegance it seems. She's probably just tired. We are not knocking Mary so before the posts start coming....its just an observation.

The beautiful pink dress worn for Maxima's birthday was spoilt by a so so hairdo and lack of accessories and jewellery.

The material was busy enough being that it was a delicate woolen overlay. Attaching jewellery over wool is often a messy game. Mary accessorised appropriately, impo.

I actually doubt we'll see this dress again in public. I think it'll now go into storage and be preserved for future display.

:previous: A killer updo with a jewelled slide or comb would have forgiven a mutitude of sins.

i didn't like the pumps, either.

i totally agree with marg, but i think that in her latest public appearances, the problems are the details. one little detail could damage the total style...

Seeing as the wedding is during the daytime I guess this goes here?
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I personally don't like the dress cause of all the bunched up ruffles. Something flowy would have been lovely on Mary that stunning green dress she wore in Sweden for KCG 60th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of the dress at the wedding.The hair is another story.

I think Mary looks really lovely, hope to see some more close ups as she seems to have a different bracelet on....!

It's recycled from 2 or 3 events but the main one was Prince Henrik's 75th - we saw the outing of the Midnight Tiara.

A better view of the dress

I like the dress, color & cut, its always been a nice dress. The lace bolero was not needed, it does nothing to the dress.

I don't like the dress. Looks very heavy, the ruffles are just too much, different styles of them all going in different directions. The lacey part is not working with the style of the dress at all, the dress is heavy and the lace is too delicate.
The colour looks very bland.

All in all - not the good choice.

I like the colour of the dress but as others have already pointed out I also think that it is too busy. The lace bolero isn't doing anything for the dress either, it's just making the whole outfit even busier.

I have always liked thsi gown don't like the boero lace thing her is hair is classic and I do love the evening bag.

I don´t like the dress - the front part looks little like an apron added to the dress.
Daylife
These kind of very tight hairdo makes her look older than she really is.
Belga

My friends, I guess I'm having a different opinion today;), I'm looking again at Mary and seeing what I love about her. Severe hair I love, I have grown tired of the wispy wispy.......Plenty of jewels. She is glowing today, and I think the lace bolero is stunning. (as I am a huge fan of a little something like this myself) A++ for Mary today!!:D

I don´t like the dress - the front part looks little like an apron added to the dress.
Daylife
Belga

The dress is nice but I don't like the hairstyle. Overall Mary looks good

I like what Mary is wearing but wish the color were stronger. The thing that I can always expect from Mary is her grooming is flawless. I may not always like her choices in fashion or hair etc. but she's trumps all comers with finishing off her looks. I don't love the hair but it's done; unlike some of my other favorite princesses...Letizia, Maxima, Mary makes the effort and I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
I like what Mary is wearing but wish the color were stronger. The thing that I can always expect from Mary is her grooming is flawless. I may not always like her choices in fashion or hair etc. but she's trumps all comers with finishing off her looks. I don't love the hair but it's done; unlike some of my other favorite princesss...Letizia, Maxima. Mary makes the effort and I really appreciate it.

I have never liked Mary's hair this way even on her wedding day.
It is much too severe and makes her look so much older. Even if
she had her hair up and not parted in the middle and pulled so tightly back
it would be a softer look.

I like her hair. I like the cape and the dress but not together. At least she Is not wearing white in her dress. She seems to like to do that a lot at weddings.

I don't mind Mary's dress although I agree she doesn't need the lace bolero or at least a different colored bolero, but she could have gone without. I'm not a fan of her hairstyle, but she doesn't wear it this way often and it's very neat and elegant.

At least she Is not wearing white in her dress. She seems to like to do that a lot at weddings.

Does she? I only recall seeing her wear a white (be it the lower half) gown to a wedding some 6 years ago, and which was first worn during the Crown Princely couples official visit to Japan.

Before and since then, we've seen her in salmon, iced blue, soft sage and nude.

The Crown Princess wore a white evening gown to a pre wedding reception in Sweden, but that hardly qualifies as the wedding.

Last edited:
Back view of the dress that Mary wore yesterday

Not looking good.. the hair looks strange this way and the bottom part of the dress shows a bit too much (is it too tight, maybe?).

Daylife
Belga

It gives a looks as those were two dresses put together. Strange.

Last edited:
I don't like this dress at all.It's unflattering , very hard to wear,and need someone slim and tall ex:Angelina Jolie.It was Ok on Mary previously when she was slimer But,I quite like the lace bolero as it looks very nice in the back view.

Does she? I only recall seeing her wear a white (be it the lower half) gown to a wedding some 6 years ago, and which was first worn during the Crown Princely couples official visit to Japan.

Before and since then, we've seen her in salmon, iced blue, soft sage and nude.

The Crown Princess wore a white evening gown to a pre wedding reception in Sweden, but that hardly qualifies as the wedding.

She also wore a black and white dress to a wedding. The dress was first seen in Iceland. She seems to prefer softer colors for weddings for some reason. I would like to see her in some darker colors, maybe purple.

:previous:That dress isn't white ;)

I agree that Mary tends to wear more muted colours to weddings though I prefer that to a robust colour myself. I wouldn't mind seeing her in a dusty lavender or rose, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom