Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 7: May 2010 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally the dress without the coat. Looks gorgeous.

The dress is lovely indeed. If you see the dress from the side - the way it droops at the back, the length in front makes sense. I like it that way.

The dress was perfect,I saw it,I was there,the colour,lenght,all,all was perfect and beautifull and so was shining Mary.A pic is a pic and often doesn't give the exact idea as to what it really looks like when you stand close to her,or any of the other as far as I'm concerned.

I doubt her giving birth to twins 5 months ago has anything to do with what she wore, as she wore that dress before and the dress still was not a full lenght.
if its a necklace like you are saying, then it could be pretty on that dress!
a small silver necklace with a very small pendant!

The dress was perfect,I saw it,I was there,the colour,lenght,all,all was perfect and beautifull and so was shining Mary.A pic is a pic and often doesn't give the exact idea as to what it really looks like when you stand close to her,or any of the other as far as I'm concerned.

That's what I believe as well. Many dresses we see here may not look that fantastic in pictures, but look stunning in reality. As for this dress it might be the same - I think it is a really beautiful dress but in the pictures it doesn't look too great on Mary. I think the cleavage looks a tad to "loose" here. ;)

Last edited:
Pretty dress, but more for an afternoon summer garden party.
Missing some jewelry, a necklace would be nice.

It would have to be a very dressy, formal afternoon summer garden party for this dress to make an appearance!

I think the dress sparkles enough on its own and doesn't need a necklace.

what it is the fabric lace?

I think that's a dress for a very young princess (18-20) for her first outing or something like that. I find it strange on Mary. Too juvenile perharps. Too girly maybe. In fact it's more a "mette marit's dress.

Mary looked radiant and beautiful as always.

It's not my favourite dress - it's ok but not quite perfect - the colour needs to be a little darker and I would prefer it to be a little longer I think.

As someone said earlier it looked better in person so maybe it is one of those gowns that just does not photo well.

I preferred the soft pink closed toe satin pumps with bows. They are divine!

mary looked gorgeous... lovely, and simply elegant. happy and serene. that's a 10!!!!

i loved that dress the first time i saw it back in 2008, and now that i can see it better, i love it more than before. the fabric, the details, it's a fabulous work...

i like the hair, and the whole style. she showed once again that "less is more".

Pretty dress, but more for an afternoon summer garden party.
Missing some jewelry, a necklace would be nice.

she had long earrings, and if she used a necklace with long earrings, she could be overcharged, and maybe destroy the effect of the style.

Crown Princess Mary today, May 30, attending a late afternoon/evening reception wearing a nice black dress:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

Thanks iceflower for the Pictures :flowers:

Mary looks stunning at both events, nice to see :wub:

Its a simple black dress and fits well but nothing special. I really like her hair in the pictures, looks healthy & shiny. Not sure if I like the long necklace being so long.

Black dress is always fine...and it suits her very well because of her slim figure!

Such a beautiful, feminine dress. Always hoped we would see it again! I like Mary's hair this way.
Is there a picture of the back of this lovely pink dress ? I'm so pleased to see her in it again :)

oops, i wrote this in another thread and i didn't notice, so i have to repeat it here...

i like the prada dress, that lace was spectacular and she recovered the weight enough to use that dress again(she weared it a few years back), but the real problem was the hair. that dress deserves a hairdo like the one she used at the official photos back in 2009 with that dress, those photos are in the drf official site...

TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Fem rs bryllupsdag den 14. maj 2009
Here is the navy blue Prada lace dress - a better view.
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark « Royal Fashionistas

I didn't like her look at all. The dress is not suited for her. The whole design just didn't sit well on her. She does look tired, but what do you expect with four children. I hoped she wore a brighter colour, because from the photos, her mood matched...

Is it me, or is her tiara not centered? I do like the amendments to the tiara - it looks complete now
I completely agree with all of the above. If you check out this link, she does look "pre-occupied" and tired - but hey she has four children, maybe she had to leave an unsettled baby - we really don't know the circumstances. But I do agree - the tiara is off-centre.
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark « Royal Fashionistas

I like it better this time round, most likely because of the hair.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto - Shoes
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto - hairstyle
Just browsing through some old pics. This is the nicest hairstyle I have ever seen, and certainly the nicest I have seen on Mary ! Who is her stylist BTW ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just browsing through some old pics. This is the nicest hairstyle I have ever seen, and certainly the nicest I have seen on Mary ! Who is her stylist BTW ;)

Her Hairstylist is Søren Hedegaard, but he doesn't work for Mary exclusively, same as Anja Alajdi, who also is coowner of Marianne Dulong :)

The rose dress is simply beautiful she looks stunning as ussualy!!!!

The dress is very simple, almost too simple. It's too boring without any necklace ore something.

In its simplicity the dress is lovely. Mary was really pretty, nice hairstyle.

if its a necklace like you are saying, then it could be pretty on that dress!
a small silver necklace with a very small pendant!

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

It would have to be a very dressy, formal afternoon summer garden party for this dress to make an appearance!

I think the dress sparkles enough on its own and doesn't need a necklace.

Not dressy, a royal one. That dress would have been prefect for such an occasion.

I explained in one of my previous posts what I meant by "necklace". Not a sparkly one. Just a simple, small silver-tone necklace with a very small pendant.

mary looked gorgeous... lovely, and simply elegant. happy and serene. that's a 10!!!!

i loved that dress the first time i saw it back in 2008, and now that i can see it better, i love it more than before. the fabric, the details, it's a fabulous work...

i like the hair, and the whole style. she showed once again that "less is more".

she had long earrings, and if she used a necklace with long earrings, she could be overcharged, and maybe destroy the effect of the style.

I explained in one of my previous posts what I meant by "necklace". Nothing major, just a simple, small silver-tone necklace with a very small pendant.

Crown Princess Mary today, May 30, attending a late afternoon/evening reception wearing a nice black dress:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

Nice, simple black dress. Nothing special, but I am assuming it fits the occasion it was for. Not really liking the nude shoes with the dress though.

Last edited by a moderator:
This black number seems to be very closely related to two well known Varela's dresses Letizia wore first at a Principe de Asturias Award (grey) and to this year visit to Jordan (pink).

I'm not sure I like it on Mary.

I don't know what is going on with Mary but suddenly she is making really strange fashion choices.

The beautiful pink dress worn for Maxima's birthday was spoilt by a so so hairdo and lack of accessories and jewellery.

The little black dress was totally ruined by the overlong pendant that hung below her breast and drew attention to the fact that she hasn't quite regained her pre twin figure. Another dress would have been a much better choice.

The less said about the blue outfit the better. The lacy overlay was so bulky it put pounds on her and her shoes looked . . . . . eeeek, sensible instead of elegant and her hair was in desperate need of a style. Any style!

Where oh where has our elegant Mary gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom