The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She has never worn the rubies outside of Denmark, that is why i'm shocked.
She has her wedding tiara, the midnight tiara and the rubies.
To me the wedding tiara would have gone better with the dress.
I didn't realize she hadn't worn them outside of Denmark before. What is the midnight tiara? Is that the one that she borrowed that has the darker colors in it?

Old 06-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
I didn't realize she hadn't worn them outside of Denmark before. What is the midnight tiara? Is that the one that she borrowed that has the darker colors in it?
This is it.
http://www.olelynggaard.com/typo3tem...0254e4c631.jpg

Old 06-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks, Lumutqueen, that's the one I was thinking of.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Back view of Mary's dress. So beautiful!
Billed-Bladet - Frederik og Mary på vej i kirke
Old 06-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She has never worn the rubies outside of Denmark, that is why i'm shocked.
She has her wedding tiara, the midnight tiara and the rubies.
To me the wedding tiara would have gone better with the dress.
I agree, the wedding tiara suits the outfit much more, anyway, not a bad outfit but i think she can do better
Old 06-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Again, I thinking this is not one of her best. There's something not quite right about the dress, whether it's color or design, it's not doing anything for me. And I agree that another tiara would have been better, I'm not liking the rubies with this dress.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Her wedding tiara would go better with this dress, I agree...but it is far too small and skimpy to wear to a state event such as a royal wedding. On another point, I think CP Mary's decision to wear the rubies is a homage to Queen Ingrid, who was a Swedish princess and the ruby & diamond parure came from Sweden afterall. Also, the church which CP Victoria married in was where Queen Ingrid married King Frederik.
I think the dress is fantastic...it looks so flowy! I don't think that still photos does the dress any justice. I think if we see a video with CP Mary walking in the dress, it would really show the true beauty of the outfit.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary has looked fantastic!! She rarely disappoints me.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
Back view of Mary's dress. So beautiful!
Billed-Bladet - Frederik og Mary på vej i kirke
stunning, beautiful. it flows really nicely. such a nice dress and similar in shape to the white one from a couple of days ago.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
This jade green gown is nothing special IMO. She should have kept the white gown for today. She looks beautiful as always, of course.

The only woman who wears white to a wedding is the bride. It's incredibly tacky and in bad taste to show up wearing white if you're a guest. So I'm glad she didn't wear the white dress today. The jade green dress looked amazing on her.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-20-2010, 03:54 AM
Nobility

The jade green dress was nice but below Mary's normal level ( but we have to says she has a high standard !)

It was nice of her to dress "down" not to steal Victoria's show.

I just don't like the combination of Jade to the ruby's. Her leaf tiara would have fit better. But for sure she wanted to wear her most remarkable jewels.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Mary looked stunning:

Princess Mary and Princess Mette-Marit arrive in Stockholm for Princess Victoria's wedding
Old 06-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Gentry

Queen Margrethe is absolutely ROYALE as always, her dress is gorgeous. Princess Mary seems rather dull next to her, the dress is fade, too soft and doesn't match at all with the tiara
Old 06-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Courtier

Princess Mary looked absolutely beautiful, I love the colour, the flow of the skirt as she walks is wonderful.

Terri Terri, thanks for the information regarding the church and Queen Ingrid I didn't know. I also like that Mary wore the ruby tiara in Sweden beacuse of the connection with Queen Ingrid.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I thought Mary's look was good but no sparkler. Somehow I am getting tired of the ruby tiara, same old, same old.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
The only woman who wears white to a wedding is the bride. It's incredibly tacky and in bad taste to show up wearing white if you're a guest.
Excuse me?! Perhaps that's what's still going on in villages or remoted regions in general. Women wear white at weddings, I can assure you about that. What are we talking about? There are brides that don't wear white nowadays - things have changed.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Nobility

I am one of the middle-of-the-road people with CP Mary. I have always thought she was stylish and very well put together, but other than that never understood why such overwhelming coverage of her in the media. She is not unattractive but certainly not the prettiest of the princesses. She is sometimes too aware of the camera and can sometimes seem to forget that she was not born a princess. Overall I still have the same impression, but during the dinner, her very animated conversation and seeing her expressions and talkative exchange were refreshing. Nice change from the Posh Spice posed usual presentation.

As far as her appearance at the wedding, I like the overall idea of the gown, but the jade green part of the bodice appeared to be placed assymetrically, which made it look funny. In addition, pale skin like Mary's can be washed-out with lighter colors.

I agree with speculations on why Mary chose this tiara to wear to the wedding. It didn't work as well with this gown, but I think it could have she had made a bolder choice in handbag and shoes to match the pinkish color of the rubies in the tiara. It would have brought the entire outfit together better.

The night before at the concert...I loved everything about her presentation. The gown, the hair, all of it. Really nice. And I actually don't think the white gown, even in another color, would have been the right choice for the wedding. It doesn't seem like it would go well with the tiara.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Royal Highness

My first impression wasn't good, but I like this dress more and more. The color is great, pity that we can see the lace details only on the close-ups. I adore the hairstyle, even rubies look good.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I thought that Mary looked lovely yesterday. It wasn't one of her greatest entries and I was indeed a little bit disappointed when I first saw her, but there was still something around her what made her one of the most elegant women attending the wedding, IMO. The jade green color of the dress is wonderful, I just believe it didn't go perfectly with the ruby tiara.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Close up of Mary
Crown Princess Mary does it again. Her sense of style makes her appearance very sophisticated and well put together. I love that she uses lace in nude to be modest.
Also love the new design of the ruby tiara.