Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 7: May 2010 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just too stunning I love every last thing about this look EVERYTHING.

Marys wedding gown was a big disappointment.
She missed the boat on this one.

She looks stunning, so chic and elegant!! I love the lace so delicate..

Mary's dress was lovely, IMO. But what I liked the most is her tiara.:flowers:

Does someone know about the designer of the dress she wore for the wedding? My thought is going to Jesper Hovring.

The gown is perhaps a little too asymmetric to my taste. Otherwise very delicate!

I love how her bag echos the design and color of the gown with the green on the bottom and the nude in the handle!

se has several dresses with this look of softnes in their fabric and skirt, I really like it and suit her very well!

I like it and I respect Mary for what she did with this dress. She knows how to look lovely and appropriate but has class and self-assurance to not try to compete for best dressed when all eyes should be on the bride. IMO Mary knows when to turn it on (the star power) but most importantly when to let others' shine. She did at Queen Margarethe's birthday celebrations as well JMO. This dress was pretty and a lovely colour...excellent choice for the occasion.

I didn't really like the lace bit but on the whole I think she looked as she always does classy, stylish and every inch a royal CP.

The colour of the dress Mary wore to the wedding surprised me because it isnt one that she often wears - i like the style of the dress the way it moved beautfully with the soft chiffon and the delicate lace cream top was a nice contrast. I actually think that this time the overall look would have been better with her diamond wedding tiara rather than the Ruby tiara.
The dress she wore to the concert was my least favourite as the colour and style drained Mary completely
The white dress worn to the private party looked very nice and the style is quite similar to other dresses Mary already owns

Mary was PERFECT in Sweden!
I loved all her outfits! She looked so sophisticated and stunning.

Billed-Bladet - Svenskerne giver Marys kjoler topkarakter

Billed-Bladet - Marys kjoler
Beautiful dress, but I adored more the jewellery! The earring are fantastic!! However, to me, she seemed like going to the Oscars!! No offence Mary, you are still fabulous!! Oh, and the hair...not good!!

Looked gorgeous on this specific dress! When I saw her I felt that this dress was...SO Mary, which is something that I like!! It was so her. It reminded me the Mary that is simple. Most times that I see her in a gala dress I am like ''fabulous'', but I always get the feeling that she has put so much effort on it!!!
Lovely dress, lovely hair, very nice jewellery, fabulous "accessory": Prince Frederik :wub:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZ...6Q/2UjiSHciYj4/s1600/05_DK_Christian_Mary.jpg
Such a pretty dress! So sophisticated and regal! :previous: Thumbs up!!
Every little thing was amazing on her at the wedding!!

The dress Mary wore for the wedding day of princess Victoria was from the danish designer Jesper Hovring!

Lovely dress, lovely hair, very nice jewellery, fabulous "accessory": Prince Frederik :wub:

Yes it's hard not to look good with Prince Frederik on your arm. He is very handsome. ;)

Beautiful dress, but I adored more the jewellery! The earring are fantastic!! However, to me, she seemed like going to the Oscars!! No offence Mary, you are still fabulous!! Oh, and the hair...not good!!

Looked gorgeous on this specific dress! When I saw her I felt that this dress was...SO Mary, which is something that I like!! It was so her. It reminded me the Mary that is simple. Most times that I see her in a gala dress I am like ''fabulous'', but I always get the feeling that she has put so much effort on it!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZ...6Q/2UjiSHciYj4/s1600/05_DK_Christian_Mary.jpg

I agree, I think Mary looked lovely throughout the wedding celebrations.

i just found this website and i thoguht i would love to see Mary in one of this dresses, i like them
Michal Negrin Clothing Collection - Designer Dress
they have a cool tiara too
CROWN 10528
certenly not cheap, but i like the style of the dresses and the tiara, jewellery too, i think too expensive for not being real jewellery but nice

:previous: I think the dresses are very original and impressive. I was also wondering how she would look in each of them and if she would put them on first... But the patterns look nice and I like them too. :)

:previous: I think the dresses are very original and impressive. I was also wondering how she would look in each of them and if she would put them on first... But the patterns look nice and I like them too. :)
The dresses are a kind of vintage, and kind of fary tale so I thoguht it would look good on her and she can afford them too, monic do you like the tiaras? I think Mary would look nice on them it would be a change for her one more tiara to use, and again one of them it is over 1000 dollars only her can buy it!

Absolutely! I loved every dress - that white gown especially. And I thought the nude lace on the aqua gown was very special...she looked very feminine throughout this event.

Absolutely! And I thought the nude lace on the aqua gown was very special...she looked very feminine throughout this event.

Actually, I've been puzzled by the idea, that the aqua gown was originally planned without the lace to the Greek wedding. But she got pregnant and perhaps the gown didn't permit to be altered that much and she wanted to wear it when it still fitted her in June. The aqua colour and style of the gown would have been in perfect line with the mediterranean style worn by quests in Greek. Pure speculation, of course! ;)

ashelen said:
The dresses are a kind of vintage, and kind of fary tale so I thoguht it would look good on her and she can afford them too, monic do you like the tiaras? I think Mary would look nice on them it would be a change for her one more tiara to use, and again one of them it is over 1000 dollars only her can buy it!
I do like jewelry and tiaras but on one condition - they have to be simple like this one. Supposed Mary would put on the tiara and one of the dresses - she'd look like from a fairly tale then. :) As to the money, 1000 dollars is what a princess is able to spend - we can only dream of such pleasures! :p

I do like jewelry and tiaras but on one condition - they have to be simple like this one. Supposed Mary would put on the tiara and one of the dresses - she'd look like from a fairly tale then. :) As to the money, 1000 dollars is what a princess is able to spend - we can only dream of such pleasures! :p
yes, we can only dream....wish we could be a princes for a day, wouldn't be something, I would love to step in msry's shoes for a day , her wardrobe ,, jewellery and stunning gowns! and may be a night with Prince Fred! he si so good looking!and looks so down to earth! but i just be content to try her wardrobe and jewellery! I tthink she is the most stunning princess of today

Mary is stunning when she dresses for formal occasions.:flowers:

Queens in waiting

Queens in waiting an article in the Macleans, Canada's News Magazine January 2011

They have pictures and short write ups on each Princess from Kate to Victoria, etc.
Mary was chosen as the Queen.

http://www2.macleans.../111129_queen9/

You can browse through their photo gallery for more of Mary and the others with comments.

Queens in waiting an article in the Macleans, Canada's News Magazine January 2011

They have pictures and short write ups on each Princess from Kate to Victoria, etc.
Mary was chosen as the Queen.

http://www2.macleans.../111129_queen9/

You can browse through their photo gallery for more of Mary and the others with comments.

I have to admit: pretty dress, pretty jewelry, pretty shoes. Great, elegant look.

That's not a surprise for me either but actually I'd put Mary and Letizia together - they both had the best gowns in my opinion.
As to Mary, the dress number 8 will always be my number 1. :)

I love that red dress. I loved it when she wore it before her wedding, and it has looked great on her with each subsequent wearing. Red is definitely one of her absolutely best colors and that style suits her.

Mary is stunning when she dresses for formal occasions.:flowers:

Yes, I agree - she definitely looks stunning when it comes to galas etc. The red dress was simply gorgeous, fitted her like a glove and I just love her in red. But I have to say that in general I was a bit disappointed with the less formal outfits she wore last year, so when it comes to this poll Victoria and Mette-Marit would surely be among my personal favorites when it comes to Queens-to-be fashion-wise, too. :)

Aw Mary..she's no Gilda {my Diva-Darling :wub: } of course..but she pulled off the red gown..just one thing,she needs to borrow my red Bottega Veneta clutch next time she wears that dress..listen to the experts, Mary and u'll be just fine, my dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom