Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 7: May 2010 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh yes I understand what you mean. Even before the wedding, there were rumours and whispers about Mary upstaging Victoria and a white dress would not have helped.

I think Mary is much to kind and caring to upstage anyone on their wedding day much less Victoria. She looked lovely all three days.

^I did not even notice that. I'm changing my mind, it's my favorite dress!

She looks beautiful and elegant. Is this the dress that she wore for the formal pictures that are on the DRF site?

Really pretty dress, it seems to change colors.

I wouldn't have expected to see the rubies. She looks gorgeous, one of my favorites of today!!

Stunning Ice Blue dress. She looks wonderful, i'm shocked that she wore the rubies.

Why were you surprised? She doesn't have too many to chose from, and these are the most impressive of the ones she normally wears. Just curious:flowers: Which ones would you have liked to have seen her in?

^^
It's the first time she wears them outside Denmark

Why were you surprised? She doesn't have too many to chose from, and these are the most impressive of the ones she normally wears. Just curious:flowers: Which ones would you have liked to have seen her in?

She has never worn the rubies outside of Denmark, that is why i'm shocked.
She has her wedding tiara, the midnight tiara and the rubies.
To me the wedding tiara would have gone better with the dress.

Mary's dress was really pretty, I liked the color, the cut and all the gatherings on the dress. The lace looked nice but not sure if it worked well though I liked the fact that you can and cant see it.
Her hair was put up lovely, love teh soft make up.

I didn't realize she hadn't worn them outside of Denmark before. What is the midnight tiara? Is that the one that she borrowed that has the darker colors in it?

Thanks, Lumutqueen, that's the one I was thinking of.

I agree, the wedding tiara suits the outfit much more, anyway, not a bad outfit but i think she can do better

Again, I thinking this is not one of her best. There's something not quite right about the dress, whether it's color or design, it's not doing anything for me. And I agree that another tiara would have been better, I'm not liking the rubies with this dress.

Her wedding tiara would go better with this dress, I agree...but it is far too small and skimpy to wear to a state event such as a royal wedding. On another point, I think CP Mary's decision to wear the rubies is a homage to Queen Ingrid, who was a Swedish princess and the ruby & diamond parure came from Sweden afterall. Also, the church which CP Victoria married in was where Queen Ingrid married King Frederik.
I think the dress is fantastic...it looks so flowy! I don't think that still photos does the dress any justice. I think if we see a video with CP Mary walking in the dress, it would really show the true beauty of the outfit.

Mary has looked fantastic!! She rarely disappoints me.

This jade green gown is nothing special IMO. She should have kept the white gown for today. She looks beautiful as always, of course.

The only woman who wears white to a wedding is the bride. It's incredibly tacky and in bad taste to show up wearing white if you're a guest. So I'm glad she didn't wear the white dress today. The jade green dress looked amazing on her.

The jade green dress was nice but below Mary's normal level ( but we have to says she has a high standard !)

It was nice of her to dress "down" not to steal Victoria's show.

I just don't like the combination of Jade to the ruby's. Her leaf tiara would have fit better. But for sure she wanted to wear her most remarkable jewels.

Queen Margrethe is absolutely ROYALE as always, her dress is gorgeous. Princess Mary seems rather dull next to her, the dress is fade, too soft and doesn't match at all with the tiara

Princess Mary looked absolutely beautiful, I love the colour, the flow of the skirt as she walks is wonderful.

Terri Terri, thanks for the information regarding the church and Queen Ingrid I didn't know. I also like that Mary wore the ruby tiara in Sweden beacuse of the connection with Queen Ingrid.

I thought Mary's look was good but no sparkler. Somehow I am getting tired of the ruby tiara, same old, same old.

The only woman who wears white to a wedding is the bride. It's incredibly tacky and in bad taste to show up wearing white if you're a guest.

Excuse me?! Perhaps that's what's still going on in villages or remoted regions in general. Women wear white at weddings, I can assure you about that.:flowers: What are we talking about? There are brides that don't wear white nowadays - things have changed.;)

I am one of the middle-of-the-road people with CP Mary. I have always thought she was stylish and very well put together, but other than that never understood why such overwhelming coverage of her in the media. She is not unattractive but certainly not the prettiest of the princesses. She is sometimes too aware of the camera and can sometimes seem to forget that she was not born a princess. Overall I still have the same impression, but during the dinner, her very animated conversation and seeing her expressions and talkative exchange were refreshing. Nice change from the Posh Spice posed usual presentation.

As far as her appearance at the wedding, I like the overall idea of the gown, but the jade green part of the bodice appeared to be placed assymetrically, which made it look funny. In addition, pale skin like Mary's can be washed-out with lighter colors.

I agree with speculations on why Mary chose this tiara to wear to the wedding. It didn't work as well with this gown, but I think it could have she had made a bolder choice in handbag and shoes to match the pinkish color of the rubies in the tiara. It would have brought the entire outfit together better.

The night before at the concert...I loved everything about her presentation. The gown, the hair, all of it. Really nice. And I actually don't think the white gown, even in another color, would have been the right choice for the wedding. It doesn't seem like it would go well with the tiara.

My first impression wasn't good, but I like this dress more and more. The color is great, pity that we can see the lace details only on the close-ups. I adore the hairstyle, even rubies look good.

I thought that Mary looked lovely yesterday. It wasn't one of her greatest entries and I was indeed a little bit disappointed when I first saw her, but there was still something around her what made her one of the most elegant women attending the wedding, IMO. The jade green color of the dress is wonderful, I just believe it didn't go perfectly with the ruby tiara.

Crown Princess Mary does it again. Her sense of style makes her appearance very sophisticated and well put together. I love that she uses lace in nude to be modest.
Also love the new design of the ruby tiara.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom