The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Courtier

Classic, elegant, simple and totally regal!!! This dress is totally Mary! 2 new dresses in a row! Absolutely fantastic!!!! She looks absolutely GORGEOUS! CP Frederik is beaming with his beautiful wife by his side!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Its very boring, the color washes her out. I think this owuld be such a pretty dress in a dark color with a shiney/fabric underneth that gives it some shine IMO.
Looks like Mary did not put any effort in make up and hair for tonight. Looks like she is stepping out to any other event
Quite dissapointed about her apperance today.
I respecfully disagree that she looks like she is just stepping out to any old event I do agree that the color is not the best on her, but the dress is lovely.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is lovely and exquisitely made, but I have to agree, the color is not one of her best. Her hair and makeup are wonderful.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
The dress is lovely and exquisitely made, but I have to agree, the color is not one of her best. Her hair and makeup are wonderful.
Perfectly said princess gertrude!! Love the jewels though!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Nobility

I agree the colour is too light, Mary IMO, needs strong colours to 'pop'. Having said that, she looks elegant as usual and maybe she chooses subtle tones out of deference to the bride, being her time etc.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the dress , not my farite colour, but for me she is the best CP in evening dress
Old 06-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely colour, lovely make, prefer her in something with shoulders and a plunging backline, but she looked beautiful.

Having her hair down suited the dress aswell.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought she looked really beautiful, nothing really that "wow" about it, but non the less very beautiful. Her hair down was a good choice as well. It would have looked a bit awkward on Mary to have her hair up and wear a strapless. The first one shouldered white dress is very pretty, but too similar to other one's she has. I wonder what tomorrow will bring!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Very delicate dress and jewelry.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:15 AM
Commoner

Does anyone know who the designer of this nude lace gown is?
Old 06-19-2010, 03:38 AM
Aristocracy

Not a good choice for the pre-wedding dinner!!! Disapointed to the choice about the colour of the dress, such a disaster to Mary, nude is not her favorite colour, too silimar to her skin tone.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Aristocracy

IMO Crown Princess Mary looked beautiful and serene in this gorgeous gown. Loved the exquisite details on the dress and her hair is lovely- letting down like that. She has a very beautiful body- so well toned.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:37 AM
Nobility

Beautiful gown but the wrong colour for her - I prefer her in something stronger
Old 06-19-2010, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I cannot decide. At first view I thought the dress was disappointing. Having a closer look I think the details are lovely. The cut is also lovely. The colour isn't the best on her. All in all it was a lovely look, but not her best.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:40 AM
Royal Highness

I love her look The hairdo went extremely well with the style of the dress IMO. I don't agree that she cannot wear nude or pale colours. She is so lucky to have a colouring that is able to carry off practically all colours - and a body that looks gorgeous in tight-fitted dresses. Lucky girl
Old 06-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I love her look The hairdo went extremely well with the style of the dress IMO. I don't agree that she cannot wear nude or pale colours. She is so lucky to have a colouring that is able to carry off practically all colours - and a body that looks gorgeous in tight-fitted dresses. Lucky girl
Completely agree! I think it's a WOW look in all its simplicity. Delicate and muted as to not be accused of trying to upstage anything, and we know how often that comes up.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Aristocracy

I'm undecided about Mary's dress. From a distance it looks a little shabby but up close the detail is lovely, and the shade appears to wash her complexion out.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Courtier

Wedding
Outfit
Pic
Pic
Old 06-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahAnne View Post
I'm undecided about Mary's dress. From a distance it looks a little shabby but up close the detail is lovely, and the shade appears to wash her complexion out.
The wedding outfit was just stunning. I love the aquamarine color on her. With the Ingrid tiara it is not easy matching something to the rubies. The second day outfit seems to be the new color for the season. There were two other royal ladies with this color on and they looked just as gorgeous as Mary did.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Stunning Ice Blue dress. She looks wonderful, i'm shocked that she wore the rubies.