The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's recycled from 2 or 3 events but the main one was Prince Henrik's 75th - we saw the outing of the Midnight Tiara.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
A better view of the dress

I like the dress, color & cut, its always been a nice dress. The lace bolero was not needed, it does nothing to the dress.
I don't like the dress. Looks very heavy, the ruffles are just too much, different styles of them all going in different directions. The lacey part is not working with the style of the dress at all, the dress is heavy and the lace is too delicate.
The colour looks very bland.

All in all - not the good choice.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Nobility

I like the colour of the dress but as others have already pointed out I also think that it is too busy. The lace bolero isn't doing anything for the dress either, it's just making the whole outfit even busier.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I have always liked thsi gown don't like the boero lace thing her is hair is classic and I do love the evening bag.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don´t like the dress - the front part looks little like an apron added to the dress.
Daylife
These kind of very tight hairdo makes her look older than she really is.
Belga
Old 06-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

My friends, I guess I'm having a different opinion today, I'm looking again at Mary and seeing what I love about her. Severe hair I love, I have grown tired of the wispy wispy.......Plenty of jewels. She is glowing today, and I think the lace bolero is stunning. (as I am a huge fan of a little something like this myself) A++ for Mary today!!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I don´t like the dress - the front part looks little like an apron added to the dress.
Daylife
Belga
The dress is nice but I don't like the hairstyle. Overall Mary looks good
Old 06-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Belga
I do like the hairstyle but this particular close up shows that the parting is somewhat out of line, not straight, looks strange.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I like what Mary is wearing but wish the color were stronger. The thing that I can always expect from Mary is her grooming is flawless. I may not always like her choices in fashion or hair etc. but she's trumps all comers with finishing off her looks. I don't love the hair but it's done; unlike some of my other favorite princesses...Letizia, Maxima, Mary makes the effort and I really appreciate it.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I like what Mary is wearing but wish the color were stronger. The thing that I can always expect from Mary is her grooming is flawless. I may not always like her choices in fashion or hair etc. but she's trumps all comers with finishing off her looks. I don't love the hair but it's done; unlike some of my other favorite princesss...Letizia, Maxima. Mary makes the effort and I really appreciate it.

I have never liked Mary's hair this way even on her wedding day.
It is much too severe and makes her look so much older. Even if
she had her hair up and not parted in the middle and pulled so tightly back
it would be a softer look.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The dress is recyled, but I cant recall from what event. I dont like the style of the dress, too busy for me with the rucked-up parts in various directions. The hairstyle looks good on Mary, I am glad she put it up.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...zebU8/x610.jpg
I don't really care for the dress, but it is okay. The severe hairstyle does her no favors, though.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Courtier

I like her hair. I like the cape and the dress but not together. At least she Is not wearing white in her dress. She seems to like to do that a lot at weddings.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:37 AM
Royal Highness

I don't mind Mary's dress although I agree she doesn't need the lace bolero or at least a different colored bolero, but she could have gone without. I'm not a fan of her hairstyle, but she doesn't wear it this way often and it's very neat and elegant.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
At least she Is not wearing white in her dress. She seems to like to do that a lot at weddings.
Does she? I only recall seeing her wear a white (be it the lower half) gown to a wedding some 6 years ago, and which was first worn during the Crown Princely couples official visit to Japan.

Before and since then, we've seen her in salmon, iced blue, soft sage and nude.

The Crown Princess wore a white evening gown to a pre wedding reception in Sweden, but that hardly qualifies as the wedding.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Back view of the dress that Mary wore yesterday
Old 06-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Not looking good.. the hair looks strange this way and the bottom part of the dress shows a bit too much (is it too tight, maybe?).

Quote:
Daylife
Belga

It gives a looks as those were two dresses put together. Strange.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Aristocracy

I don't like this dress at all.It's unflattering , very hard to wear,and need someone slim and tall ex:Angelina Jolie.It was Ok on Mary previously when she was slimer But,I quite like the lace bolero as it looks very nice in the back view.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Does she? I only recall seeing her wear a white (be it the lower half) gown to a wedding some 6 years ago, and which was first worn during the Crown Princely couples official visit to Japan.

Before and since then, we've seen her in salmon, iced blue, soft sage and nude.

The Crown Princess wore a white evening gown to a pre wedding reception in Sweden, but that hardly qualifies as the wedding.
She also wore a black and white dress to a wedding. The dress was first seen in Iceland. She seems to prefer softer colors for weddings for some reason. I would like to see her in some darker colors, maybe purple.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

That dress isn't white

I agree that Mary tends to wear more muted colours to weddings though I prefer that to a robust colour myself. I wouldn't mind seeing her in a dusty lavender or rose, actually.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-20-2011, 04:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
The back view is very, very unflattering - Mary outfit standards have clearly dropped since the twins were born.

Closed Thread