The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Black dress is always fine...and it suits her very well because of her slim figure!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Such a beautiful, feminine dress. Always hoped we would see it again! I like Mary's hair this way.
Is there a picture of the back of this lovely pink dress ? I'm so pleased to see her in it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by missMaryanne View Post
oops, i wrote this in another thread and i didn't notice, so i have to repeat it here...

i like the prada dress, that lace was spectacular and she recovered the weight enough to use that dress again(she weared it a few years back), but the real problem was the hair. that dress deserves a hairdo like the one she used at the official photos back in 2009 with that dress, those photos are in the drf official site...

TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Fem rs bryllupsdag den 14. maj 2009
Here is the navy blue Prada lace dress - a better view.
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark « Royal Fashionistas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
I didn't like her look at all. The dress is not suited for her. The whole design just didn't sit well on her. She does look tired, but what do you expect with four children. I hoped she wore a brighter colour, because from the photos, her mood matched...

Is it me, or is her tiara not centered? I do like the amendments to the tiara - it looks complete now
I completely agree with all of the above. If you check out this link, she does look "pre-occupied" and tired - but hey she has four children, maybe she had to leave an unsettled baby - we really don't know the circumstances. But I do agree - the tiara is off-centre.
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark « Royal Fashionistas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I like it better this time round, most likely because of the hair.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto - Shoes
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto - hairstyle
Just browsing through some old pics. This is the nicest hairstyle I have ever seen, and certainly the nicest I have seen on Mary ! Who is her stylist BTW

Old 05-31-2011, 08:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Princess Mary today, May 30, attending a late afternoon/evening reception wearing a nice black dress:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

The dress is nice and suits her but I found it is too simple. She might maybe consider choosing more special outfits.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
Just browsing through some old pics. This is the nicest hairstyle I have ever seen, and certainly the nicest I have seen on Mary ! Who is her stylist BTW
Her Hairstylist is Søren Hedegaard, but he doesn't work for Mary exclusively, same as Anja Alajdi, who also is coowner of Marianne Dulong
Old 05-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

The rose dress is simply beautiful she looks stunning as ussualy!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:21 PM
Nobility

The dress is very simple, almost too simple. It's too boring without any necklace ore something.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 05-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

In its simplicity the dress is lovely. Mary was really pretty, nice hairstyle.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
if its a necklace like you are saying, then it could be pretty on that dress!
a small silver necklace with a very small pendant!
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
It would have to be a very dressy, formal afternoon summer garden party for this dress to make an appearance!

I think the dress sparkles enough on its own and doesn't need a necklace.
Not dressy, a royal one. That dress would have been prefect for such an occasion.

I explained in one of my previous posts what I meant by "necklace". Not a sparkly one. Just a simple, small silver-tone necklace with a very small pendant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missMaryanne View Post
mary looked gorgeous... lovely, and simply elegant. happy and serene. that's a 10!!!!

i loved that dress the first time i saw it back in 2008, and now that i can see it better, i love it more than before. the fabric, the details, it's a fabulous work...

i like the hair, and the whole style. she showed once again that "less is more".

she had long earrings, and if she used a necklace with long earrings, she could be overcharged, and maybe destroy the effect of the style.
I explained in one of my previous posts what I meant by "necklace". Nothing major, just a simple, small silver-tone necklace with a very small pendant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Princess Mary today, May 30, attending a late afternoon/evening reception wearing a nice black dress:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **
Nice, simple black dress. Nothing special, but I am assuming it fits the occasion it was for. Not really liking the nude shoes with the dress though.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Nobility

This black number seems to be very closely related to two well known Varela's dresses Letizia wore first at a Principe de Asturias Award (grey) and to this year visit to Jordan (pink).

I'm not sure I like it on Mary.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Majesty

I don't know what is going on with Mary but suddenly she is making really strange fashion choices.

The beautiful pink dress worn for Maxima's birthday was spoilt by a so so hairdo and lack of accessories and jewellery.

The little black dress was totally ruined by the overlong pendant that hung below her breast and drew attention to the fact that she hasn't quite regained her pre twin figure. Another dress would have been a much better choice.

The less said about the blue outfit the better. The lacy overlay was so bulky it put pounds on her and her shoes looked . . . . . eeeek, sensible instead of elegant and her hair was in desperate need of a style. Any style!

Where oh where has our elegant Mary gone?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to sadly say I am agreeing with you Marg. Its not one thing, Mary just doesn't have her elegance it seems. She's probably just tired. We are not knocking Mary so before the posts start coming....its just an observation.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The beautiful pink dress worn for Maxima's birthday was spoilt by a so so hairdo and lack of accessories and jewellery.

The material was busy enough being that it was a delicate woolen overlay. Attaching jewellery over wool is often a messy game. Mary accessorised appropriately, impo.

I actually doubt we'll see this dress again in public. I think it'll now go into storage and be preserved for future display.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Majesty

A killer updo with a jewelled slide or comb would have forgiven a mutitude of sins.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I was only dissapointed with the pumps, myself

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy

i didn't like the pumps, either.

i totally agree with marg, but i think that in her latest public appearances, the problems are the details. one little detail could damage the total style...
Old 06-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Seeing as the wedding is during the daytime I guess this goes here?
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I personally don't like the dress cause of all the bunched up ruffles. Something flowy would have been lovely on Mary that stunning green dress she wore in Sweden for KCG 60th.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Majesty

Not a fan of the dress at the wedding.The hair is another story.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Mary looks really lovely, hope to see some more close ups as she seems to have a different bracelet on....!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Seeing as the wedding is during the daytime I guess this goes here?
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
A better view of the dress

I like the dress, color & cut, its always been a nice dress. The lace bolero was not needed, it does nothing to the dress.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The dress is recyled, but I cant recall from what event. I dont like the style of the dress, too busy for me with the rucked-up parts in various directions. The hairstyle looks good on Mary, I am glad she put it up.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...zebU8/x610.jpg

Closed Thread