Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 6: January 2010 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary, I love it! I don't know why, it's just wonderful IMO.

^^
I think she looks like a cake with white frosting :lol:

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/marynov09/nov3/15970557.jpg
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/marynov09/nov3/15970538.jpg

The dress Mary wore to Prince Philippes 50th.
The original is only a screenshot of a video taken upon her entrance. This is when she wore the dress on the occasion of the return dinner in Vietnam.

Think it was worn this time without the black bow on the shoulder
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/2010/HLNbeclipPhBelgbirthday-3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/2010/HLNbeclipPhBelgbirthday-2.jpg

from Danish Royal Watchers
Danish Royal Watchers: Frederik & Mary @ Belgium's Prince Philippe's 50th

Mary looked nice waist up. The ksirt & lace top are different shades which looked a bit odd. The belt wouldve been nice if the skirt was darker. I like the lace, its very classy. Make up is lovely, perfect for the eveng and the hair lovely with the tiara. I would love to see a back view.

As said on this Dutch blog, her skirt is recycled from her Australia visit in 2004.
And I am not sure but I think I saw her top before??, but yeah I am not sure.

Oh, I thought they were all one piece. Look lovely together!

:previous: That top is goreous but, unfortunately, it didn't do the trick with this skirt and the addition of the silver belt was a rare fashion faux pas. Her origingal pink halter style top was a real knockout and would have looked far more elegant and sophisticated. My best advice would be to bin the blue top and silver belt.

This is a Prada black lace cocktail so not the top that she wore last night

I have been waiting since 2005 for Mary to wear this O.d.Renta and i think i prefered it in Australia with the pink halterneck top. It seems strange that she has taken so long to repeat this gown and also she has never worn the red off-the-shoulder gown and the black gown with silver detailing that were also worn on that Australia tour. Time to bring those lovely gowns out as well Princess Mary

Her hair is as always very nice

I have been waiting since 2005 for Mary to wear this O.d.Renta and i think i prefered it in Australia with the pink halterneck top. It seems strange that she has taken so long to repeat this gown and also she has never worn the red off-the-shoulder gown and the black gown with silver detailing that were also worn on that Australia tour. Time to bring those lovely gowns out as well Princess Mary

I said is very similar not is the same...

I like this white gown. It's really feminine.
Gosh, two gala events in one month!

Not really a gala event for Philippes birthday, yes gala gowns but it was a much more toned down affair then Margrethes. Plus we weren't allowed proper pictures. :D ;)

I adore Mary's dress from last night, she looked stunning and the combination was beautiful.

I really don't think the skirt is the same. The photo in Australia of the skirt looks black and the one she wore to the Russian dinner is definitely navy blue.

I really don't think the skirt is the same. The photo in Australia of the skirt looks black and the wore she wore to the Russian dinner is definitely navy blue.

It is the same dress and definitly navy blue.

This skirt is fantastic and I agree with Her_Majesty: the 2005 look was far better and more elegant. JMO

^^
I also have to agree, the lacy top didn't work with the skirt.

If CP Mary had worn the 2005 pink halter top with the deep midnight blue skirt...with the light blue Order of the Elephant sash, it would have looked totally out of place. The pink halter top and the sash would clash. In addition, I don't think that the pink halter top is appropriate for a State dinner.

^^
Maybe not, but what she wore didn't match either

I must say all this gala events, the birthday of the Queen , the birthday in Belgiam now the Russian gala, not stop, must be nice to get dress like this so often heair done, jewellery etc...... or she might be tired of all this I wonder who she feel about it? Personally I would love it to go to my closet and choose which evening wear I will use? hummm ? let me thhink........ a lot of fun! I love all her dresses, she is the most elegant CP of this days!

I actually like the black lace and midnight blue dress. The diamon(nette) belt is a nice touch and all. After all the light and jewel colours mary has been wearing lately I thought a dark dress was a nice change. But I love black lace and gothic looks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom