Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 6: January 2010 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looked nice although (here I go again) her dress length should have been a little longer. It's tough to sit and (horrors!) getting in and out of a car seat especially with photographers waiting to shoot as one is entering or especially exiting a car.:eek:

Hence the cape and the black tights.
I agree that the look was too black for an event on fashion week but I think she looks OK except she needs to smooth her dress when she stands up at bit or the material is too crinkly.

This black outfit looks like kind of wrap; it is really nice. I think though that few women would look good in it. Mary knows how to wear it.

It is very interesting dress and Mary looks very good in it. But there are too things I don't like: black stockings (it's is epidemic of them within crown princesses :whistling: ) and dress is too short.

Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images

Actress Angie Harmon wore the black version too:
Photo from Getty Images

Princess Mary in the salmon/peach version:
Danish Royal Watchers: Frederik's 40th party at the Orangery
I think this dress is bad, in both colors. Looks kind of hippie style and is shapeless. I'm OK with actress wearing this dress, but it is not style that can be accepted for royals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the dress although I agree that its too tight, but as everyone is sick of me saying...she needs a brooch. Her small diamond circle would have broken up all the black IMO!

The dress looks a size small, too short and the sleeves a bit too puffy.
The cape and the tights ruin the whole look.

Mary usually dresses with refined elegance but this outfit is a complete miss for me. The fit, the fabric, the length (or lack of), the sleeves, the cape, the stockings, the shoes, the solid black of everything--it was just an unattractive look. But the earrings are breathtaking! And Mary herself looked beautiful, as always.

Mary recycled the purple dress again at the Olympics in Canada. She is stunning and looks so fresh.
Troonopvolgers!

I don't know if she wore this at the Olympics. There are photos of her in this montage from two different events. One was in Europe. I am wondering if this is just a repeat of previous events. I don't see a time at the Olympics for her to wear this. But I do not read Dutch. But I personally think that these are old photos of her not new.

i agree and in one of the photos look diferent ear rings or it is my idea?????

I just did a Google translation of the text from Troonopvolgers and it loosely states that "since there wasn't a lot of royal news from the Olympic Games in Vancouver, we decided to examine the purple dress worn by Mary previously, in greater detail."

Yes, I love this purple dress and for that reason I remember her wearing it. She was in the very early stages of her pregnancy with Christian, as we were to find out a few weeks later. So guess it was in early 2005.

Mary recycled the purple dress again at the Olympics in Canada. She is stunning and looks so fresh.
Troonopvolgers!

She didn't where that at any evening event during the olympics.
The website is just taking a closer look at the dress. :)

I do not like the poofy sleeves. They are just too wierd for my taste.

Those sleeves are ugly, would have been better with straight narrow sleeves otherwise the dress is nice.

Problem with that dress was that it has been too short and a bit too tight as I remember right, but the sleeves I still find interesting. I wouldn't wear it but it's an eyecatcher detail, IMO. ;)

Problem with that dress was that it has been too short and a bit too tight as I remember right, but the sleeves I still find interesting. I wouldn't wear it but it's an eyecatcher detail, IMO. ;)
Hummmm Mary seems to be wearing lots of blacks, browns & grays. I miss her colorful clothes.

To Ayvee, do you know the designer of that short floral dress that Mary, and Victoria and Angie Harmon wore? THe one that was in 3 different colors, I think. Thank you for any info you may have.

To Ayvee, do you know the designer of that short floral dress that Mary, and Victoria and Angie Harmon wore? THe one that was in 3 different colors, I think. Thank you for any info you may have.

Matthew Williamson. :flowers:
Angie and Victoria wore it in the same colour, Mary wore it in pink.

Thank you Lumutqueen for the designer information. I appreciate it! I loved the dress, especially when Mary wore it in that salmon pink. Very pretty.

ashelen your on the same page as I am!! I immediatly thought of Princess Mary after I saw McQueen's final collection. And Wymanda just reminded me that some of then would look lovely on Queen Rania as well.

March 19, 2010 - Mary attending an Opera in Budapest in a strapless cocktail lace dress.
The dress looks like a dress she wore to an opening while she was engaged.

Full View ** Side View

I reognise the dress, it looks beautiful on Mary. :flowers:

It's a beautiful dress, and she looks wonderful in it. Not sure if I like the black hose, but I guess since they are sheer it doesn't look too bad.

Crown Princess Mary's strapless dress was feminine. Minimal jewellery and light flowery pattern further accented delicacy of the whole ensemble to me. Loose hair looked fine. However, I am not keen on the black hosiery.

Beautiful dress, would have liked to have seen her hair up though to complete the look, love the shoes and black hosiery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom