Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 6: January 2010 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,that's strange she wears lot of black lately.
I hope it won't last long.
Black against her porcelain complexion is lovely.
I hope there will be pics of the dress

She has worn alot of black recently.
It does look nice, but more colour please Mary. :)

COPENHAGEN 2010-02-09. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark presents the Ecco Walk IN Style Award at Copenhagen City Hall.

Johnny Cash was the Man in Black, here comes the Woman in Black :whistling: is this a new state of mind, wearing black all the time?

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/18320765.jpg
close up (nice earrings!)
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/18320753.jpg
These photos only show the cape that she's wearing not the dress underneath!

Here's the dress!
http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/app/?wicket:interface=:5:2:::

Yes...the sleeves make what would otherwise be a boring dress a lot more interesting. She certainly chooses daring outfits for fashion events! I love the cape! And it looks like she's wearing new shoes (with a bow) as well! Love how she adds color to the outfit with her red lipstick, nail polish and clutch bag!

What a gorgeous and elegant woman! Although too dark, I loved the overall look. And these earrings look perfect!:flowers:

Imo the overall look is way too dark and the dress is just too short (same length as many of Letizia's mini dresses... she seems to join this trend).
I like the top part of the dress and even the sleeves.
There's definitely some colour missing here.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2010/PPE100209110.jpg
Sorry but to me this looks very unfortunate - too short and even though it might not be see-through, it does look as if there was some see-through / underwear. The dress is also too tight
I don't like Mary's recent Sisters of Mercy look with the black hair, black outfit etc and the red clutch doesnt save it. It reminds my of the ugly goth look at the PoW's birthday party :eek:
http://myroyal.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/charles-party5-a.jpg?w=470&h=908

The dress is too tight or maybe it just has an odd cut which makes it look too tight. It's too short as well, unflattering IMO.
But I like the dress per se (though I'm not a fan of such a kind of sleeves) and I think it could've looked lovely if it was well fitting. :flowers:

It reminds my of the ugly goth look at the PoW's birthday party

As is your opinion, respectively. I couldn't disagree more ardently...haha.

As for the dressing all in black. Fabulous. As for the length of the evening dress. Hmmm. Perhaps not!

Nice sleeves
But the dress is too short and too tight.
I always love her shoes but this time I don't because of the fabric and also because they have a short platform.

i think she is the only princess who look good in short dress she has a nice body

I love the shoes, and the dress. They both suit her. :)

Just imagine Mary's face replaced via photoshop: the ill fitting dress and blanket looks perfectly Maxima, the black tights are very MM and the ugly shoes and shortness of the dress scream Letizia - the worst outfit choices of every CP combined in one outfit, that's quite an achievement! :eek::eek::eek:

Mary looks perfect once again! the dress is beautiful and the shoes too!

I don't care for the poofy sleeves poking out from under the wrap. I agree the dress looks too tight for me. It looks like she is wearing tights instead of sheer nylons. I think sheer black nylons would have looked better that the thicker tights she is wearing. I do like the shoes though, very fancy. I like the red clutch, and would love to see a closeup of it. However, I think if she wore some vibrant red lipstick, it would look really pretty too.

i think she is the only princess who look good in short dress she has a nice body

I completly agree with you.
CP Mary has wondeful legs,not too thin and not fat.A very nice body too.
I just don't like royals with too short dresses and skirts in official events.
In private events,very short dresses are lovely specially for Mary.
I have in mind,the lovely very short pink dress she has worn for a birthday (of Fred maybe)where some other young scandinavian royals were present:CP Haakon,Mette Merit,CP Victoria and Daniel Westling.She was divine at that event.

Just imagine Mary's face replaced via photoshop: the ill fitting dress and blanket looks perfectly Maxima, the black tights are very MM and the ugly shoes and shortness of the dress scream Letizia - the worst outfit choices of every CP combined in one outfit, that's quite an achievement! :eek::eek::eek:

Oh no, no, no. I think the wrap is justified when you see the sleeves, the dress is actually lovely, at least in theory, not the best on her, I think she should have worn something like a necklace or something to brake with the blackness of the outfit. I don't mind so much the length of the dress because a) she has good legs unlike Letizia b) it was a night event and it was a fashion event. I dont care about the tighs.

Not my favorite in Mary also, but, she is far from being a mess like Maxima or Letizia

I am speechless that outfit could not be worse OMG it does scream all those other CP'S and their appaling efforts but worse than that it is worse than anything. Poor Mary.

I just noticed your comment
:lol::lol::lol:oh dear Duke,please no more comment of this type,you nearly killed me.
I am still laughing.
I always like your comments
You have picked the worst pic here,that's not fair :lol::lol::lol:

Oh no, no, no. I think the wrap is justified when you see the sleeves, the dress is actually lovely, at least in theory, not the best on her, I think she should have worn something like a necklace or something to brake with the blackness of the outfit. I don't mind so much the length of the dress because a) she has good legs unlike Letizia b) it was a night event and it was a fashion event. I dont care about the tighs.

Not my favorite in Mary also, but, she is far from being a mess like Maxima or Letizia

I agree that Mary is far from Maxima and Letizia in comparison to some of the outfits that they have worn!
(1) She could't wear her usual coats because of the sleeves of the dress so she wore the next best thing to keep out the cold...a wrap! Nothing wrong with that!
(2) Mary's shoes cannot be compared to some of the awful ones that Letizia has worn. I would be happy if Letizia wore the same shoes as Mary! Or at the very least, return to the shoes she wore whilst she was engaged and in the first year or so after she was married!
(3) Maxima and Mathilde do not have the physique of Mary and would not look as good in this dress.
(4) I don't mind the tights - it is still winter in Denmark afterall, so she could not wear sheer stockings!

Lol, from the comments here, without seeing the photos I thought I was in the wrong thread!!! You definitely chose a very unflattering picture of her!

Good point Terri, about the tights. I forgot how cold it must be in Denmark in the winter. DUH!!!! Thanks Soraya for posting that picture of the pink dress. That shade of coral pink looks amazing on Mary. the dress is really pretty with the pattern/embroidery. I love the shoes and the bag too. Great outfit!

The overall look is definitely too dark for my taste. I think that a whole black outfit doesn´t suit Mary. She would look better if at least the tights weren´t also black, IMO.
I´m not sure about the sleeves of the dress. In some pictures they look quite lovely, in some others they´re look just awful. The dress itself doesn´t look very nice to me, and I don´t like it matched with that shawl.
I love the shoes and the clutch, however, and her hair looks so beautiful. Wonderful earrings as well.

Good point Terri, about the tights. I forgot how cold it must be in Denmark in the winter. DUH!!!! Thanks Soraya for posting that picture of the pink dress. That shade of coral pink looks amazing on Mary. the dress is really pretty with the pattern/embroidery. I love the shoes and the bag too. Great outfit!

i was never a big fan of that dress. victoria wore the same model but in another colour and it definitely looked fantastic, but the chewing-gum pink colour mary chose is definitely not the best.

see victoria's version of the dress here

i liked the dress today, the sleeves look nice! not keen on the "coat" though, but hey, it must be cold in denmark!

you made me laugh as well DOM! :lol:

I think the all black look for me was a miss. I didn't like the dress, not only was it too tight, and yes, thin people can also wear tight clothes. But, also I didn't like the bell sleeves starting from the elbow look. I saw a dress from Elizabeth and James that looks similar but has complete bell sleeves and and looks much better. Also, a splash of color wouldn't have gone remiss.

Btw, I remember Queen Rania wearing a similar coat by LV and IMO it looked amazing on her. Maybe the concept of elbow bell sleeves only looks good on a coat.

Also, the Mathew Williamson dress that Victoria and Mary wore, IMO, are more suited to someone like Charlotte of Monaco in my opinion.

Mary looked nice although (here I go again) her dress length should have been a little longer. It's tough to sit and (horrors!) getting in and out of a car seat especially with photographers waiting to shoot as one is entering or especially exiting a car.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom