Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 6: January 2010 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is very becoming to her, although the buttons are a puzzle. Why are they there around her knees?

I love it better when she wore it with the black fur
in 2006:

17+f vrier+2006.jpg (image)

I agree that she looks lovely and regal and sophisticate! But don't you think that she also looks OLDER when we look at old photos the last times she wore the same dress?
Marie looks so young and fresh comparing to Mary. Please be assured that I don't mean that Mary is less beautiful, on the contrary, she sometimes looks better!
I had the same feeling when I saw Mary and Alexandra when Mary first married into the DRF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...we all get older and we all mature!:whistling: :lol:Who of us look exactly the same as 5-6 years ago? What I see when I look at CP Mary is that she has matured and become more confident in her role...the confidence was not there at the beginning and she was inexperienced as well - she had a lot to learn! A few years ago...no one would have said that CP Mary was ready to be a future queen. 5-6 years later and now there is no doubt that she is capable of handling her future role as Queen Consort, to the point now where she and CP Frederik are the couple in the DRF who are more and more in the forefront and are taking on more official duties.:flowers:

Let's compare Princess Marie with her earlier photos after she's had 1-2 more children and as many years in the DRF that CP Mary has now, then we shall see! But even now, Princess Marie is also maturing and becoming more confident in her role as a member of the DRF. She's a wife, mother and becoming more active as a princess - all life events that mature a person.
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/7576471.html Marie in 2007
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/18067808.html Marie in 2010

Well...we all get older and we all mature!:whistling: :lol:Who of us look exactly the same as 5-6 years ago? What I see when I look at CP Mary is that she has matured and become more confident in her role...the confidence was not there at the beginning and she was inexperienced as well - she had a lot to learn! A few years ago...no one would have said that CP Mary was ready to be a future queen. 5-6 years later and now there is no doubt that she is capable of handling her future role as Queen Consort, to the point now where she and CP Frederik are the couple in the DRF who are more and more in the forefront and are taking on more official duties.:flowers:

Let's compare Princess Marie with her earlier photos after she's had 1-2 more children and as many years in the DRF that CP Mary has now, then we shall see! But even now, Princess Marie is also maturing and becoming more confident in her role as a member of the DRF. She's a wife, mother and becoming more active as a princess - all life events that mature a person.
Picture details Marie in 2007
Picture details Marie in 2010

Very philosophical and well said, Terri Terri!
Totally agree with you.

The dress is very becoming to her, although the buttons are a puzzle. Why are they there around her knees?

They're not buttons. Just embellishments. The gown is from Prada Fall 2004 Ready-to-wear collection and that season, Miuccia Prada used a lot of embellishments in her designs.
Prada Fall 2004 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com

Princess Mary's beige ombre dress with beaded crystal collar is also from the same collection:

She also has several other pieces from this collection such as
skirt with crystals
beige coat with crystals Prada Fall 2004 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com
the pink tromp l'oeil dress

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them off-hand.

This velvet dress has always been one of my favorite evening gowns, with or without the buttons. I'm so glad Mary recycled it! As usual, she looked stunning, but...her hairstyle was...disappointing...unflattering...peculiar.

Agree this has always been a favourite it is so lush on her I love the whole look I liked her hair.

I really like the dress the colour is really lovely. The fur is my favourite.
Mary looks beautiful and so elegant.

yes, i like it too! i would love to have that fur, what kind it is? anyones knows?

I agree with you both. I love the dress and the color but have never understood the need for those ornamental buttons on the front of the gown. I also would prefer that the fur would be a full cape rather than a short jacket with short sleeves -- it looks skimpy.
I agree,she looks regal, but better without these embellishments,like bottoms, imo:flowers:

I adore this dress and the fur compliments the dress nicely. :flowers:

Jan 30, 2010 - Mary attending an event with Frederik. Mary dressed in black pants with a beige top and a beige sweater with an elastic waist detailing.

The look is very pretty, love the combination of the top with the sweater which I love the detailing which looks like a belt. The pants fit well and are at a nice length IMO.
Arriving, Mary wore a beige coat over her outfit.
Hair looked really neat and different than the past few events, make up looked very fresh.

Full View ** Close Up ** Coat

Like the way she looked - the top part fits well and the pants seem well fitted too.
The only thing I am not sure in is the coat - looks big.

I love this outfit. The top looks very pretty. I like her hairstyle and make-up.

Mary looked great last night! a simple outfit but elegant for this great charity event!

Her top looks like a Malene Birger's one to me! what do you think??

Nice look. I love the coat and her hairstyle, the combination of the top with the sweater looks also pretty.

Gosh I love this look and the coat is it new? I am crazy about that rich beige cilour at present. And I just love the hair... thanks for the posts.

I dont know if the coat is new, but I have not seen it before. At least, not that I recall.

I do like last nights outfit, and I really loved her hair. What I liked in the top was that it was one colour, and so that forced the interest to be generated in its texture.

The sweater is Ferretti - I like Mary's look but make up is VERY heavy
http://www.anp-photo.com/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=11877019
Sorry but Fred looks like he did some serious boozing the night before.

Oh! you have an article that the CP was out boozing last night. Please share, I would love to read it. It could not be that he is tired, maybe sleeping earlier on the couch and had to get up to attend. He could not have a cold which makes him look like he is not feeling well. No, he has been out boozing. :bang:

I loved Mary's blue velvet dress. So elegant and a really lovely color on her. And the fur coat was just perfect with the dress. I liked her casual outfit too, but I think a more colorful top/sweater would have looked prettier on her. The beige didn't suit her, although the style was really nice.

Dee, I don't think the Duke of M said he/she has such an article, just that it's a possibility the CP had been drinking/had a late night before.

Oh! you have an article that the CP was out boozing last night. Please share, I would love to read it. It could not be that he is tired, maybe sleeping earlier on the couch and had to get up to attend. He could not have a cold which makes him look like he is not feeling well. No, he has been out boozing. :bang:

Duke of Marmalade never said that.
She/He said that he LOOKED like he had been.

Sorry but Fred looks like he did some serious boozing the night before.

Jan 30, 2010 - Mary attending an event with Frederik. Mary dressed in black pants with a beige top and a beige sweater with an elastic waist detailing.

The look is very pretty, love the combination of the top with the sweater which I love the detailing which looks like a belt. The pants fit well and are at a nice length IMO.
Arriving, Mary wore a beige coat over her outfit.
Hair looked really neat and different than the past few events, make up looked very fresh.

Full View ** Close Up ** Coat

I love the oufit, it's wonderful to see them together. And Frederik looks as handsome as ever. :)

Mary looks really lovely, I love her hair.
I think Frederik looks great.

Duke of Marmalade never said that.
She/He said that he LOOKED like he had been.

I love the oufit, it's wonderful to see them together. And Frederik looks as handsome as ever. :)

I know and understand exactly what was said. I just think the comment was not needed at all.

I know and understand exactly what was said. I just think the comment was not needed at all.

Why not? A poster here posted their opinion about Fred and how they thought he'd had too much to drink the night before and so looked 'off' at the event. I don't see how that comment was not needed. Fred, albeit a prince, is a human being, so why is he put on a pedestal where apparently he can't indulge in all too human fallibility. Why can't a poster here state that they thought he was out drinking the night before? That's their opinion and they have every right to it.

I thought Mary looked great at the telethon. I like the Ferretti cardigan, but I wasn't too sure about the see through blouse, since I am not a fan of them generally. Her hair and makeup looked nice though.

I do see what Dee4855 means though. One might as well have assumed that Frederik had suffered a toothache - or that one of the kids had had a troublesome night and put some strain on dad's sleep - but assuming boozing is more entertaining I guess :)

She does wear a lot of black. But she looks so great! I like the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom