The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
Mary looked nice although (here I go again) her dress length should have been a little longer. It's tough to sit and (horrors!) getting in and out of a car seat especially with photographers waiting to shoot as one is entering or especially exiting a car.

Hence the cape and the black tights.
I agree that the look was too black for an event on fashion week but I think she looks OK except she needs to smooth her dress when she stands up at bit or the material is too crinkly.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
This black outfit looks like kind of wrap; it is really nice. I think though that few women would look good in it. Mary knows how to wear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
It is very interesting dress and Mary looks very good in it. But there are too things I don't like: black stockings (it's is epidemic of them within crown princesses ) and dress is too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images

Actress Angie Harmon wore the black version too:
Photo from Getty Images

Princess Mary in the salmon/peach version:
Danish Royal Watchers: Frederik's 40th party at the Orangery
I think this dress is bad, in both colors. Looks kind of hippie style and is shapeless. I'm OK with actress wearing this dress, but it is not style that can be accepted for royals.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the dress although I agree that its too tight, but as everyone is sick of me saying...she needs a brooch. Her small diamond circle would have broken up all the black IMO!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The dress looks a size small, too short and the sleeves a bit too puffy.
The cape and the tights ruin the whole look.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Aristocracy

Mary usually dresses with refined elegance but this outfit is a complete miss for me. The fit, the fabric, the length (or lack of), the sleeves, the cape, the stockings, the shoes, the solid black of everything--it was just an unattractive look. But the earrings are breathtaking! And Mary herself looked beautiful, as always.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Aristocracy

Mary recycled the purple dress again at the Olympics in Canada. She is stunning and looks so fresh.
Troonopvolgers!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Courtier

I don't know if she wore this at the Olympics. There are photos of her in this montage from two different events. One was in Europe. I am wondering if this is just a repeat of previous events. I don't see a time at the Olympics for her to wear this. But I do not read Dutch. But I personally think that these are old photos of her not new.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

i agree and in one of the photos look diferent ear rings or it is my idea?????
Old 02-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just did a Google translation of the text from Troonopvolgers and it loosely states that "since there wasn't a lot of royal news from the Olympic Games in Vancouver, we decided to examine the purple dress worn by Mary previously, in greater detail."
Old 02-18-2010, 02:06 AM
Nobility

Yes, I love this purple dress and for that reason I remember her wearing it. She was in the very early stages of her pregnancy with Christian, as we were to find out a few weeks later. So guess it was in early 2005.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellie View Post
Mary recycled the purple dress again at the Olympics in Canada. She is stunning and looks so fresh.
Troonopvolgers!
I don't mind recycling - this dress is wonderful! I also liked the up-do and the earrings!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellie View Post
Troonopvolgers!
She didn't where that at any evening event during the olympics.
The website is just taking a closer look at the dress.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness

This black dress is from Designers Remix (danish brand) collection fall 2009

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Stilfinderen/Mode/2010/3/~/media/BilledBladet/Skoenhed%20mode%20og%20velvaere/MARY/maryhj2.ashx

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 03-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
This black dress is from Designers Remix (danish brand) collection fall 2009

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Stilfinde...Y/maryhj2.ashx
Hm, this Mary's choice is quite interesting for me.
I have been confused a bit..though it needs to change something in a woman's wardrobe, i think Mary is slim and charming in it.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
The dress is nice but the sleeves are odd imo
Old 03-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Nobility

I do not like the poofy sleeves. They are just too wierd for my taste.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Those sleeves are ugly, would have been better with straight narrow sleeves otherwise the dress is nice.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Problem with that dress was that it has been too short and a bit too tight as I remember right, but the sleeves I still find interesting. I wouldn't wear it but it's an eyecatcher detail, IMO.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Problem with that dress was that it has been too short and a bit too tight as I remember right, but the sleeves I still find interesting. I wouldn't wear it but it's an eyecatcher detail, IMO.
Hummmm Mary seems to be wearing lots of blacks, browns & grays. I miss her colorful clothes.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Nobility

To Ayvee, do you know the designer of that short floral dress that Mary, and Victoria and Angie Harmon wore? THe one that was in 3 different colors, I think. Thank you for any info you may have.

Closed Thread