The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The dress is too tight or maybe it just has an odd cut which makes it look too tight. It's too short as well, unflattering IMO.
But I like the dress per se (though I'm not a fan of such a kind of sleeves) and I think it could've looked lovely if it was well fitting.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It reminds my of the ugly goth look at the PoW's birthday party
As is your opinion, respectively. I couldn't disagree more ardently...haha.

As for the dressing all in black. Fabulous. As for the length of the evening dress. Hmmm. Perhaps not!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 02-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Courtier

Nice sleeves
But the dress is too short and too tight.
I always love her shoes but this time I don't because of the fabric and also because they have a short platform.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Nobility

i think she is the only princess who look good in short dress she has a nice body
Old 02-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I dislike these shoes as they have rounded point and platform,which I consider unflattering imo
Old 02-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love the shoes, and the dress. They both suit her.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2...E100209110.jpg

Just imagine Mary's face replaced via photoshop: the ill fitting dress and blanket looks perfectly Maxima, the black tights are very MM and the ugly shoes and shortness of the dress scream Letizia - the worst outfit choices of every CP combined in one outfit, that's quite an achievement!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Serene Highness

Mary looks perfect once again! the dress is beautiful and the shoes too!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Nobility

I don't care for the poofy sleeves poking out from under the wrap. I agree the dress looks too tight for me. It looks like she is wearing tights instead of sheer nylons. I think sheer black nylons would have looked better that the thicker tights she is wearing. I do like the shoes though, very fancy. I like the red clutch, and would love to see a closeup of it. However, I think if she wore some vibrant red lipstick, it would look really pretty too.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
i think she is the only princess who look good in short dress she has a nice body
I completly agree with you.
CP Mary has wondeful legs,not too thin and not fat.A very nice body too.
I just don't like royals with too short dresses and skirts in official events.
In private events,very short dresses are lovely specially for Mary.
I have in mind,the lovely very short pink dress she has worn for a birthday (of Fred maybe)where some other young scandinavian royals were present:CP Haakon,Mette Merit,CP Victoria and Daniel Westling.She was divine at that event.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Just imagine Mary's face replaced via photoshop: the ill fitting dress and blanket looks perfectly Maxima, the black tights are very MM and the ugly shoes and shortness of the dress scream Letizia - the worst outfit choices of every CP combined in one outfit, that's quite an achievement!

Oh no, no, no. I think the wrap is justified when you see the sleeves, the dress is actually lovely, at least in theory, not the best on her, I think she should have worn something like a necklace or something to brake with the blackness of the outfit. I don't mind so much the length of the dress because a) she has good legs unlike Letizia b) it was a night event and it was a fashion event. I dont care about the tighs.

Not my favorite in Mary also, but, she is far from being a mess like Maxima or Letizia
Old 02-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am speechless that outfit could not be worse OMG it does scream all those other CP'S and their appaling efforts but worse than that it is worse than anything. Poor Mary.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I just noticed your comment
oh dear Duke,please no more comment of this type,you nearly killed me.
I am still laughing.
I always like your comments
You have picked the worst pic here,that's not fair
Old 02-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
Oh no, no, no. I think the wrap is justified when you see the sleeves, the dress is actually lovely, at least in theory, not the best on her, I think she should have worn something like a necklace or something to brake with the blackness of the outfit. I don't mind so much the length of the dress because a) she has good legs unlike Letizia b) it was a night event and it was a fashion event. I dont care about the tighs.

Not my favorite in Mary also, but, she is far from being a mess like Maxima or Letizia
I agree that Mary is far from Maxima and Letizia in comparison to some of the outfits that they have worn!
(1) She could't wear her usual coats because of the sleeves of the dress so she wore the next best thing to keep out the cold...a wrap! Nothing wrong with that!
(2) Mary's shoes cannot be compared to some of the awful ones that Letizia has worn. I would be happy if Letizia wore the same shoes as Mary! Or at the very least, return to the shoes she wore whilst she was engaged and in the first year or so after she was married!
(3) Maxima and Mathilde do not have the physique of Mary and would not look as good in this dress.
(4) I don't mind the tights - it is still winter in Denmark afterall, so she could not wear sheer stockings!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Lol, from the comments here, without seeing the photos I thought I was in the wrong thread!!! You definitely chose a very unflattering picture of her!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Nobility

Good point Terri, about the tights. I forgot how cold it must be in Denmark in the winter. DUH!!!! Thanks Soraya for posting that picture of the pink dress. That shade of coral pink looks amazing on Mary. the dress is really pretty with the pattern/embroidery. I love the shoes and the bag too. Great outfit!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

The overall look is definitely too dark for my taste. I think that a whole black outfit doesn´t suit Mary. She would look better if at least the tights weren´t also black, IMO.
I´m not sure about the sleeves of the dress. In some pictures they look quite lovely, in some others they´re look just awful. The dress itself doesn´t look very nice to me, and I don´t like it matched with that shawl.
I love the shoes and the clutch, however, and her hair looks so beautiful. Wonderful earrings as well.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 02-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quathae View Post
Good point Terri, about the tights. I forgot how cold it must be in Denmark in the winter. DUH!!!! Thanks Soraya for posting that picture of the pink dress. That shade of coral pink looks amazing on Mary. the dress is really pretty with the pattern/embroidery. I love the shoes and the bag too. Great outfit!
i was never a big fan of that dress. victoria wore the same model but in another colour and it definitely looked fantastic, but the chewing-gum pink colour mary chose is definitely not the best.

see victoria's version of the dress here

i liked the dress today, the sleeves look nice! not keen on the "coat" though, but hey, it must be cold in denmark!

Quote:
you made me laugh as well DOM!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the all black look for me was a miss. I didn't like the dress, not only was it too tight, and yes, thin people can also wear tight clothes. But, also I didn't like the bell sleeves starting from the elbow look. I saw a dress from Elizabeth and James that looks similar but has complete bell sleeves and and looks much better. Also, a splash of color wouldn't have gone remiss.

Btw, I remember Queen Rania wearing a similar coat by LV and IMO it looked amazing on her. Maybe the concept of elbow bell sleeves only looks good on a coat.

Also, the Mathew Williamson dress that Victoria and Mary wore, IMO, are more suited to someone like Charlotte of Monaco in my opinion.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Mary looked nice although (here I go again) her dress length should have been a little longer. It's tough to sit and (horrors!) getting in and out of a car seat especially with photographers waiting to shoot as one is entering or especially exiting a car.