The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 02:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Come on, nothing ... you have your opinion I have mine

And I must entirely disagree She looks impeccable when in black, and I for one find her porcelain complexion not in the least unhealthy looking. She has an almost 'snow white' glow about her which I actually find very becoming as many posters here can bare witness to reading throughout the appropriate threads...haha.

Elle est belle!

Perhaps I've spent too much time around European runways ... C'est la vie!
hear hear!!

Old 05-21-2010, 02:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I just think she's pale. A slight tan (not a fake one) would look nice on her, but somebody said she can't seem to get one. Her paleness comes out even more in the gothic outfit.

Love this outfit and the hairstyle. She looks gorgeous.

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
I agree completely. She looks lovely and radiant. Those earrings and necklace are beautiful. And I like the cardi, it gives a fitted look rather then a coat or jacket which can look too bulky.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I just think she's pale. A slight tan (not a fake one) would look nice on her, but somebody said she can't seem to get one. Her paleness comes out even more in the gothic outfit.

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
I can't recall her wearing this before, is it new then?
She looks beautiful and her hair looks beautiful.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary first wore this dress to Parliamentary reception before her wedding (recall when her hat flew from her head in the breeze?) and also again during an official summer cruise when Christian was but a year old.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Mary first wore this dress to Parliamentary reception before her wedding (recall when her hat flew from her head in the breeze?) and also again during an official summer cruise when Christian was but a year old.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../DRWs/fm10.jpg

This one?
I don't understand why she didn't wear the matching jacket, would've looked nicer.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Perhaps to look less formal and yet super elegant? Lovely outfit, I just adore the colours and fabric of that dress and it's a nice hairstyle for a change.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

This one?
I don't understand why she didn't wear the matching jacket, would've looked nicer.
That's the one, Lumutqueen

Old 05-21-2010, 04:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

The dress looks much better as part of a formal day suit.
IMO last night was a miss: The dress has a very weird fit, at night the patterned fabric looks like it should better be used for very conservative couch upholstery, and the well-worn casual cardigan is an odd combination.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:39 AM
Courtier

^^
I agree and moreover I didn't like the make up nor the hairstyle
Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

This one?
It's definitely the same dress but she must have the skirt altered. It is shorter and less A-lined than when she wore it to Parliament in 2004

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...i/tivoli3.ashx

It can be a trend that Queen Margarethe and Mary are doing lately - re-model some old dresses. For example, the Queen's dark pink over-dress used at Fred and Mary's wedding being covert to the one used at the New Year gala or the gala blue lace dress Mary used in Vietnam.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Royal Highness

I like this dress more without the jacket. But cardigan wasn't the best choice. For me gold dress and silver cardi don't going well together. Anyway CP looks nice, dress suits her well, she has nice accessories and pretty hairstyle.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Joining Melibea and Boris, I want to say that the pattern of the dress is indeed weird and outdated. And generally, the overall look didn't impress me at all this time.

Madame Royale, who said Mary isn't beautiful??!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Madame Royale, who said Mary isn't beautiful??!
?

I said she was beautiful because that's what I think. No where did I say anyone suggested, or stated, anything to the contrary...

Quote:
Agreed. Unfortunately the material did look quite insipid in the evening's light.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellie View Post
It's definitely the same dress but she must have the skirt altered. It is shorter and less A-lined than when she wore it to Parliament in 2004

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...i/tivoli3.ashx

It can be a trend that Queen Margarethe and Mary are doing lately - re-model some old dresses. For example, the Queen's dark pink over-dress used at Fred and Mary's wedding being covert to the one used at the New Year gala or the gala blue lace dress Mary used in Vietnam.
Looks the same to me.
And the gala dress worn in Vietnam, was different to the original, using the same material.

Imageshack - 79784008.png
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/...0Poulsen.2.jpg

The under skirt is a different colour, the material is a slightly different colour and if they had sewn up the slit at the front, you would've seen the changes.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
She was very tanned when she lived in Australia. How come she can get one? I prefer her porcelain complexion
Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
She was very tanned when she lived in Australia. How come she can get one? I prefer her porcelain complexion
Because she doesn't go on holiday enough. Last time they went to a sunny place was Sardinia. Yeah she goes on skiing holidays but her body is covered due to the cold weather.
She no longer lives in a place that is rather hot and sunny for half the year.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
IMO last night was a miss: The dress has a very weird fit, at night the patterned fabric looks like it should better be used for very conservative couch upholstery, and the well-worn casual cardigan is an odd combination.
Agreed Boris. Again I can not say it any better.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Boris Always seems to say it perfectly! I couldn't agree more...
Old 05-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
well, sun doesn't get to denmark as much as it does to australia :) besides, she may want to stay away from too much sun because of health reasons?

Quote:
wow! what a good memory. it does indeed seem to be the same dress with some retouches.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Not a fan of the dress, it does nothing to Mary's figure nor is it the right shade for her IMO, the fabric looks like it belongs on furniture rather on a cocktain dress.
I love the hair but its getting boring since its been the same for daytime & evening events lately.

Closed Thread