The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Come on, that Charles' b-day 'dress' was a bit scary indeed... And now I'm going to repeat myself, black makes her look even more pale and unhealthy. It does nothing for her. Just think of how radiant she looks in white, red, blue etc. JMO

Old 05-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks fine in black, it depends on the outfit. However, in this particular outfit she did look a bit gothic:
http://myroyal.files.wordpress.com/2...s-party5-a.jpg

I did not like the overall look of it.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Come on, that Charles' b-day 'dress' was a bit scary indeed
Come on, nothing ... you have your opinion I have mine

And I must entirely disagree She looks impeccable when in black, and I for one find her porcelain complexion not in the least unhealthy looking. She has an almost 'snow white' glow about her which I actually find very becoming as many posters here can bare witness to reading throughout the appropriate threads...haha.

Elle est belle!

Perhaps I've spent too much time around European runways ... C'est la vie!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You put black on anyone, its going to make them look paler than they are. She has never looked like a goth or Morticia Adams. If wearing just black makes you a goth or Morticia Adams then....
Both dresses look fine to me, Charles' birthday dress looked perfectly fine, very chic. I do say with her latest black dress, she should've worn her hair down top cover her shoulders.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
You put black on anyone, its going to make them look paler than they are. She has never looked like a goth or Morticia Adams. If wearing just black makes you a goth or Morticia Adams then....
Both dresses look fine to me, Charles' birthday dress looked perfectly fine, very chic. I do say with her latest black dress, she should've worn her hair down top cover her shoulders.
Agreed. Liked the quoting of Morticia Adams lumutqueen.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
She looks fine in black, it depends on the outfit. However, in this particular outfit she did look a bit gothic:
http://myroyal.files.wordpress.com/2...s-party5-a.jpg

I did not like the overall look of it.
I agree. She can wear black, but wear it with another color. I don't care what anyone says, she does look gothic in this outfit! It also wouldn't hurt to get a tan every now and then.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Courtier

^^
No tan! I like her porcelain skin.
Although I have to agree here with NoorM. black doesn't suit her too much. Maybe if it's combined with another colour she would look better.

And tthe dress for Charles' bday it's not gothic, the whole outfit gives that impression because of the make up and the hairdo.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I agree. She can wear black, but wear it with another color. I don't care what anyone says, she does look gothic in this outfit! It also wouldn't hurt to get a tan every now and then.
Well she does work rather hard, and she doesn't seem to tan that very well when she is on holiday. Only going to Sardinia, maybe once a year.
To get a fake tan is a bit over the top.
She looks beautiful as she is, her porcelin skin is to die for. A true Australian White Rose.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

I think the dress worn on the anniversary of Charles is ok -chic in a way . I like her hair and makeup .
But the last outfitt I don't like it very much. The look is all wrong. She can do better. IMO of course.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
.She looks beautiful as she is, her porcelin skin is to die for. A true Australian White Rose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
^^
No tan! I like her porcelain skin.
Really? Well her skin is smooth. She should come to California. She'd have a tan in no time.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Courtier

^^
I live in a place similar to California and I don't get a tan . You only get if you want it and don't use protection
Old 05-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

... and some people don't get a tan even if they don't use protection. I know quite a few who only get a sunburn.

I think the porcelain skin looks pretty on Mary, but she also looks goods with a tan.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just think she's pale. A slight tan (not a fake one) would look nice on her, but somebody said she can't seem to get one. Her paleness comes out even more in the gothic outfit.

Love this outfit and the hairstyle. She looks gorgeous.

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Old 05-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love this dress and necklace. Mary looks soooo beautiful. I'm not sure why she put this daytime cardigan over a nice dress when she owns quite a few elegant shawls and shrugs. Maybe its more dressy in person. I would love to see the dress without it!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She looks beautiful as she is, her porcelain skin is to die for. A true Australian White Rose.
She does have wonderful porcelain skin. I think her ancestry is Scottish. Both her parents came from Scotland and finally settled in Australia after being in the US for a while.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
To get a fake tan is a bit over the top.
Not just over the top, but damn nasty! A horribly manafactured fakeness that is really very crass, imo.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah, and then she would be criticized for having a fake tan. I think Mary has beautiful, luminous skin. She seems to take good care of it.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

True true shanaz.

Fake tans, and tans in general aren't healthy. We tan 'normally' only because the pigmentation in our skin is being fried. It's damaged skin cells so I see nothing attractive about a tan. Rediculous perhaps, but not attractive.

Her skin is so clear and supple. Why destroy it? An incredibly nonsensical thing to do

Old 05-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Love this outfit and the hairstyle. She looks gorgeous.

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Now I think THIS outfit makes her look pale and I don't like the grey cardi with the dress , the colours don't match. Like the dress , but probably better on someone with slightly darker skin.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Can we get back on topic, lets remember that this is a fashion thread. Further posts will be deleted.

Thanks

Closed Thread