Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 6: January 2010 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this dress more without the jacket. But cardigan wasn't the best choice. For me gold dress and silver cardi don't going well together. Anyway CP looks nice, dress suits her well, she has nice accessories and pretty hairstyle.

Joining Melibea and Boris, I want to say that the pattern of the dress is indeed weird and outdated. And generally, the overall look didn't impress me at all this time.

Madame Royale, who said Mary isn't beautiful??!

Madame Royale, who said Mary isn't beautiful??!

?

I said she was beautiful because that's what I think. No where did I say anyone suggested, or stated, anything to the contrary...:)

The dress looks much better as part of a formal day suit.

Agreed. Unfortunately the material did look quite insipid in the evening's light.

It's definitely the same dress but she must have the skirt altered. It is shorter and less A-lined than when she wore it to Parliament in 2004

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...gelige/2010/Foedselsdag i Tivoli/tivoli3.ashx

It can be a trend that Queen Margarethe and Mary are doing lately - re-model some old dresses. For example, the Queen's dark pink over-dress used at Fred and Mary's wedding being covert to the one used at the New Year gala or the gala blue lace dress Mary used in Vietnam.

Looks the same to me.
And the gala dress worn in Vietnam, was different to the original, using the same material.

Imageshack - 79784008.png
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/591/1803/1600/2004.09.11 Bendt Wedell and Pernille Poulsen.2.jpg

The under skirt is a different colour, the material is a slightly different colour and if they had sewn up the slit at the front, you would've seen the changes.

I just think she's pale. A slight tan (not a fake one) would look nice on her, but somebody said she can't seem to get one. Her paleness comes out even more in the gothic outfit.

Love this outfit and the hairstyle. She looks gorgeous:cool::D.

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details

She was very tanned when she lived in Australia. How come she can get one? I prefer her porcelain complexion

She was very tanned when she lived in Australia. How come she can get one? I prefer her porcelain complexion

Because she doesn't go on holiday enough. Last time they went to a sunny place was Sardinia. Yeah she goes on skiing holidays but her body is covered due to the cold weather.
She no longer lives in a place that is rather hot and sunny for half the year.

The dress looks much better as part of a formal day suit.
IMO last night was a miss: The dress has a very weird fit, at night the patterned fabric looks like it should better be used for very conservative couch upholstery, and the well-worn casual cardigan is an odd combination.

Agreed Boris. Again I can not say it any better.:flowers:

Boris Always seems to say it perfectly! I couldn't agree more...

well, sun doesn't get to denmark as much as it does to australia :) besides, she may want to stay away from too much sun because of health reasons?

Mary first wore this dress to Parliamentary reception before her wedding (recall when her hat flew from her head in the breeze?) and also again during an official summer cruise when Christian was but a year old.

wow! what a good memory. it does indeed seem to be the same dress with some retouches.

Not a fan of the dress, it does nothing to Mary's figure nor is it the right shade for her IMO, the fabric looks like it belongs on furniture rather on a cocktain dress.
I love the hair but its getting boring since its been the same for daytime & evening events lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom