Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 5: September 2009 - January 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the style of the dress and the color, but I don't care for the print. I don't know why, but it just looks somewhat out of place on Mary. The shoes are definitely too heavy for this dress. A strappier sandal would have been nice.

I like the dress, the style and colour suit Mary, the print is unusual, however I think it suits the style dress.
Mary as usual looks elegant.

Lovely dress, I like the color and the print. The shoes - nice but not with that dress. Fantastic hairstyle too.

Im not liking the new dress, something is off and not sure if it is the color or the print. The dress also seems to be abit tight.
The shoes are lovely but not with the dress.

I like this new dress! I don't want to go into speculations because I do know that in the forum it's not allowed but I can see on several pics from the dinner that she has a little bump... Maybe it's just my eyes who see what I'm hoping for!lol

:eek:did she forget to check her feet when she went out the door? I don't understand with her glorious shoe collection why she would have ruined this gorgeous dress with shoes that don't match. Black, silver, nude, navy????

I'm sure that I've seen that print on a skirt in Hugo Boss recently so I'm quite sure it's a Hugo Boss dress.

I really like the dress, the cut, pattern and the shoes, nice contrasting colours....

I think the dress is nice and neat and looks good on Princess Mary!

Nov 2, 2009 - Mary in a recycled lace embroidered dress but this time worn off the shoulders.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

I like this dress & its good to see her wearing it again but I dont really like the parting in the hair on the side.

She looks incredible! What a beautiful dress. Very lovely.

sorry can you post picture when she were this beautiful dress

Nov 2, 2009 - Mary in a recycled lace embroidered dress but this time worn off the shoulders.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

I like this dress & its good to see her wearing it again but I dont really like the parting in the hair on the side.

The lace dress is gorgeous. Does anyone know what occasion she wore it to last?

Mary looks incredible beautiful. :wub: I like the design and pattern of the dress very much, the colours are wonderful, suit her so well, especially to the darker hair IMO, nice earrings too... Gorgeous!!

I agree with everyone else: this is one of the most stunning dresses I´ve ever seen on her. She´s gorgeous!

Beautiful dress for Mary!!!

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

When did she wear it for the first time ?

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Is this recycled? What did the on the shoulder look like? :flowers:
I love this dress, Mary looked incredible. :)

I don't think it is the same dress, it does not have the slit at the front and the underskirt is pale blue not cream like the dress worn to the wedding. I quite honestly think it's new. :ermm::flowers:

When did she wear it for the first time ?

worn for the first time Sept. 11, 2004

the pink royals: Mary and Frederik attend the wedding of Bendt Wedell and Pernille Poulsen

The dress was a v-neck and overlapped in the front like a wrap dress.

The back could have been used for the front and the front for the back, thus making the slit in the back. It may or may not be the same embroidered sheer overlay but it's certainly the same material. The dress underneath is different. The first time was beige and this time it's blue. Princess Mary has done this with a lace skirt and a lace dress - changing the lining/dress underneath to give it a different look.

You can see more photos of when she wore the dress for the first time here:
http://royals.web-log.nl/royals/2008/10/glamourprinsess.html

I love the dress but i wondr why did she change the v neck and the rest? i like it more now with the sholder open, i lovei, love it love it!

Wow... If this is really the same dress she wore in 2004... then I am very surprised how much you can alter a dress without destroying it.
It looks like a completely new dress. I like this look alot. It looks much better without the v-neckline and the heavy dress underneath it. This was a great choice.

Edit:
Full View

Last edited:
This is one of the few instances IMO where the dress re-done is better than the original. Even though I liked the original this looked really beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom