Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 5: September 2009 - January 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree with the rest of you, this outfit, esp. the length of the skirt gives, the otherwise gorgeous CPss a frumpish look, try better next time Mary:whistling:

I think this outfit is really awful, not for Mary.
She deserves bright colours, beautiful long or not dresses.
Hope Mary's next fashion choice will be more attrective than this one.

Oct 5, 2009 - Mary in lace long sleeve top (I think its recycled) matched with a greyish/silver pants.
IMO, the pants are ill-fitting, they seem to be quite baggy from the waist but at the ankles they seem to be a fit fitted, looks the wrong size.
I like the simple hair and make up.

Full View ** Close Up

that's an old ladies outfit, the pants are ill-fitted and the blouse combo looks strange / old fashioned. not my taste at all. black and silver is usually a winner but not in this case.

The pants are perfectly ugly - must be one of the worst pieces of clothing I've ever seen on Mary.
The combination with delicate black lace doesn't work, and with the blouse being this long, the whole silhouette has a weird, somewhat distorted look.
A surprisingly bad evening look. Stiff silver pipes as pants are a no-go.

Possibly the worst outfit I've ever seen Mary in , horrible silver pants and an ill fitted too long not matching lace top.....BRRRRR

Oct 5, 2009 - Mary in lace long sleeve top (I think its recycled) matched with a greyish/silver pants.
IMO, the pants are ill-fitting, they seem to be quite baggy from the waist but at the ankles they seem to be a fit fitted, looks the wrong size.

Full View ** Close Up

Mary also has this top in gold, which she's worn many times (the official pics of Isabella for example). The blouse itself is okay, the pants are not the most flattering or attractive. They're very, boxy, for a lack of better terminology.

I might be on my lonesome here but I really love the lacy top. The pants well they are ok. The hairstyle I think suits Mary.
Most of all Mary looks healthly and happy and also beautiful.

I like the top, it reminds me of Spanish Lace. But those are always tricky and can look bulky, which it does in this case. Pants/Clutch not my favorite, but just okay. Hair & Make-up nicely done.

I don't like the entire ensemble, it was very mismatched an unattractive, in my opinion. The lace top is passably nice, although it will perhaps look better on Mary in 5-10 years’ time and certainly with different pants. The pants are dreadful: here is a hope she will never wear them again.

And this comes right after that disastrous black top / patterned skirt outfit. Hopeully, Mary will be back to her ever elegant self soon.

Last edited:
The clutch is from Prada

Not a fan of Mary's outfit! the pants are ok but don't match with this horrible top

I was ok with this outfit. I like the metallic pants with the black shoes. Lacey top is ok. Hair and make-up, perfect. Don't like the earrings. They look plastic to me.

I might be on my lonesome here but I really love the lacy top. The pants well they are ok. The hairstyle I think suits Mary.
Most of all Mary looks healthly and happy and also beautiful.

I couldn't agree more. The outfit is quite lovely and she looks fabulous!:flowers:

The lace top is lovely, but the pants are awful, IMO. I like a lot the hairdo and make-up, and beautiful earrings as well.

Full View ** Close Up

:eek: Horrible pants, doesn't match to the top and makes CP fatter than she is. The top is nice, I like the silver clutch and nice make-up and hairstyle.

I hate this pants:bang: Too heavy and a little bit in Maxima's style. Not Mary's.
I like her top.

I like this outfit.She looks elegant,beautiful shoes too and grey and black match perfectly,but I dislike the bag

Nice pants but the top doesn't do anything for her.

Full View ** Close Up

I like the outfit, maybe not together but the seperate components are nice. :flowers:

:ohmy: OMG,that's a horrible look,especially since we're talking about Mary :cool:
Only her beautiful smile saved the night,imo.Sometimes I wonder how someone like Mary even touched this kind of clothes...Run out of inspiration maybe? :ermm:

Goodness what was Mary thinking when she choose those trousers - dislike the shiny material and the colour
The lace top is nice however but would have been better with nice black trousers

Sadly, the pants, given the fact that they are shiny and the combined the with all the flashes from the cameras add pounds to Mary's figure...and I didn't think that was possible. The top might look good with a different pair of pants or a skirt, but it looks like a spiderweb.

Sadly a rare mis-step for her, but if she dressed like we all want her to all the time then we would have nothing to talk about!

I like the lacey top but I'm not sure about the pants. They don't flatter her figure.

Dazz, when you say you think its recycled, can I add to that? I have not seen her wear it in this colour, but it bears a striking resemblance to her gold one, which she wore on this occassion (something about Hans Christian Anderson maybe) and to meet then president bush

Full View ** Close Up

The sliver/grey pants is horrible but the black lace top is pretty.

I can only echo my horror at this outfit nothing seems to go together.

These shiny pants are awful. They are really unflattering, and Mary has a lovely figure (imagine what they would do to someone with a less than lovely figure!). The lace top is nice, but I think that it would have looked much better with black trousers. The gold version of this top is also really pretty.

No, I think these pants spoil all the image of Princess Mary...
She should have chosen amother colour, as Sgl has already mentioned, for example, black trousers, the other details of the outfit are very nice.

Strange indeed! I don't know what is worng with this suit but it just doesn't fot her and doesn't make Mary elegant at all!!!!! I think That Princess Mary looks mucht better in skirt than in troussers I don't know why but every time she wears troussers something is wrong!!!This is a lovely suit but just doesn't fit Mary body!|:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom