Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 5: September 2009 - January 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary's dress does look better without the wrap, but I think it ALL was way too dark!

I love dark. I guess it is where personal taste comes in. I would hate to wear bright colors even part of the time. I have very few, my own personal wardrobe is Grey, Black, Brown, Dark Green, Navy with a few bright blues, and a bright green. I guess that is why I like Mary's clothes so much. It is something I would wear.

It's hard to tell what the dress looks like, but I do like her hair and wrap. I'm curious about the top part.

Mmm..I don´t like the skirt at all, I think that it´s because of the lenght: it should be a bit longer or a bit shorter, IMO. I would like to see a better pic of the white top, it seems to be nice. Overall, the top part is pretty, I love the hairdo.

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK - DECEMBER 09: Crown Princess Mary Of Denmark attends the sustainable runway show organized by the Danish fashion Institute promoting responsible and ethical produced fashion
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/17209005.jpg

Very elegant evening outfit, I like the skirt & wrap, nice hair.

Not a bad look at all, its pretty different from her past evening looks.
The skirt reminds me abit of QM's skirt lengths but I thought the overall was nice.
Liked the hair and make up, much better from earlier in the day look.

I love the skirt! It's the right elegant length and I really like the way it flows around her legs in one of the pics.

Me too UserDane. It's light, has a nice summery length and looks to me as if it would flow like a dream around those lovely 'pegs' of hers.

I love that Mary is fond of black because she looks nothing short of beautiful in it. And her hair, as is often the case, was perfect.

Nice outfit. Love her hair like this.

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK - DECEMBER 09: Crown Princess Mary Of Denmark attends the sustainable runway show organized by the Danish fashion Institute promoting responsible and ethical produced fashion

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Copenhagen

The top of the dress. :)
I like the top part and the wrap of that dress, but I don't like the skirt. anyway, I absolutely love CP's hairstyle :wub:

I really like this black evening dress on Crown Princess Mary, it has a very retro, audrey hepburn appeal to it. The beaded bodice is really nice too. Her hair is especially elegant, IMO

Classy outfit IMO, I like the wrap, skirt and shoes. Not sure about the top, but overall very nice. :flowers: Her hair has a great colour at the moment.

I ADORE the outfit! Especially the skirt is fabulous!! :previous:

This is the only picture I could find where we see her blouse a little bit:
13_Mary_Fashion_Summit.jpg (image)

Very pretty, she looks lovely here. Makes up for the outfit from earlier in the day. Kind of:)

Beautiful skirt and wrap, but not too fond of the top (although I agree with those who said that the skirt could be longer). I don't know what exactly bothers me with the top, maybe it's the fabric... But off course we haven't seen the whole top part properly yet so I might still change my mind.

Dec 13th Reception for mayors and business leaders at Christian VIII's palace, in connection with COP15 Climate Summit, Kopenhagen

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1301/164811828356ea.jpg

I like the suit, very classy but all in all too dark. Because of Mary's dark hair, pulling a Mette-Marit doesn't work. A colourful accessory or piece of jewellery is missing.

Dec 13th Reception for mayors and business leaders at Christian VIII's palace, in connection with COP15 Climate Summit, Kopenhagen

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1301/164811828356ea.jpg

I like this "Chanel" inspired suit (Is it Chanel?) quite a lot. Even though, she's pulled a 'MM' with the all black look, I still like it. Maybe, because there is a pattern to relieve the black and the fact that she's not wearing dark black stockings. Btw, I remember MM having a similar suit. I'll have to dig it up.

Also, I think an updo would have been a better choice to finish the look.

Except for the hair she looks beautiful. I agree with Duke, having her hair up would have looked so nice.

As this was a reception I had expected a simple/working cocktail dress.
The suit is lovely but would look better if Mary had left one button open and hair pulled back. I could see Mary in this suit matched with a hat.

Nice suit, a brooch would have spiffed it up a bit. I am hoping for something WOW at the gala and dinner later this week as our Mary is in need of some sparkle!!!

Since this was a "business leader" oriented event, Mary's outfit is appropriate, IMO. Her fashion here is nothing to write home about....

No I agree nothing special and infact a bit boring but fine for the occasion.

I don´t like this outfit at all. I think it´s too dark and Mary looks older. I agree it would look better with an updo and nude tights.

It looks like a nice, warm fur coat. And it looks like it's snowing. :snowman:

Yes...I do wish we could see the dress under that long fur coat. I suspect this may be a recycled gown...the bottom skirt looks familiar. She looks gorgeous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom