The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Courtier

If you look at the photos of the other women who attended the Return dinner...they were all dressed just as formally as CP Mary (i.e. long, formal gowns)...so I don't think she looked out of place.
http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/app/?w...erface=:5:2:::
I also would not call the dresses worn by CP Mary 'revealing'...it is not as if she showed cleavage. And there has been no outcry about the dresses worn by CP Mary. If they had been...I'm sure it would have been mentioned in the media that she had dressed controversially!

Old 11-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
Well, remaid or new, I love the new one and never really liked the old one, felt it was far too old for her.
this is far more age-appropriate IMO adn stunning witht he earrings

The old one never fit her as well as this one does.

The black bow takes the dress from ordinary to amazing. Without it, it would be a plain dress. I think that if it wasn't there, we would be saying the dress was nothing special. It's the bow we are all talking about.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
The black bow takes the dress from ordinary to amazing. Without it, it would be a plain dress. I think that if it wasn't there, we would be saying the dress was nothing special. It's the bow we are all talking about.
So true! That makes the whole gown. It would be a lovely gown without it, but that little extra just puts it over the top. Her gown from the night before was amazing with the new neckline. She has looked so beautiful on this visit. I cannot wait until she wears these new creations at home with all the wonderful jewelry. It will be something to behold for sure then.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
So true! That makes the whole gown. It would be a lovely gown without it, but that little extra just puts it over the top. Her gown from the night before was amazing with the new neckline. She has looked so beautiful on this visit. I cannot wait until she wears these new creations at home with all the wonderful jewelry. It will be something to behold for sure then.

Gosh -- Mary is absolutely stunning in both evening gowns -- a quiet elegance that is very confident as well. Did you notice Frederick giving Mary the once over behind her back in one of the pictures? So cute. I look forward to some serious jewels matching the new creations, as you suggest. I am puzzled that the Princes wore what looked like business suits which looked a bit jarring compared to the evening gowns the women wore. Interesting.....
Old 11-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosana View Post
Did you notice Frederick giving Mary the once over behind her back in one of the pictures? So cute. I.....
Yes, it was a quite funny look - there was an unspoken - 'not bad. Not bad at all....' about him
Old 11-04-2009, 04:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
If you look at the photos of the other women who attended the Return dinner...they were all dressed just as formally as CP Mary (i.e. long, formal gowns)...so I don't think she looked out of place.
Polfoto - NÃ¥r ord ikke er nok ...
I also would not call the dresses worn by CP Mary 'revealing'...it is not as if she showed cleavage. And there has been no outcry about the dresses worn by CP Mary. If they had been...I'm sure it would have been mentioned in the media that she had dressed controversially!
The Vietnamese ladies wore "Ao dai" (means long dress). It's the traditional dress of Vietnam and they wear it everywhere for formal occasions. They just change the fabric for more expensive one for more formal occasions. Some of the 'ao dai' are quite revealing these days - off shoulders, see-through, etc. So you can't compare the length of the dresses and the revealingness of the dress that way. However, I think QM and Mary should agree with each other re the length on a formal dinner like this.
BTW, I'm Vietnamese myself that's why I know.
I'm quite amazed at how 'cool' QM and Mary looked in the last few days in the tropical heat!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Courtier

Thank you for the explanation mellie.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Courtier

Both dresses worn by CP Mary are lovely.
I particularly love the one with blue lace.Mary looks stuning in it.
She looks like a true princess.
If I were Danish,I will be proud to be represented by such an elegant and sublime princess.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the blue lace dress. It is gorgeous in this new style. I like it much better with this cut than the first time that she wore it. The beige (peach? white?) dress is okay. I like the black bow, but I'm not crazy about the way it fits her on top. It looks a bit big, and I think that it would have looked better without the ruffle on the top.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
Princess Mary at the return dinner Nov. 3, 2009:
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/15970557.jpg
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/15970538.jpg
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/15970571.jpg

Gown from YDE Spring/Summer 2010:
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...2494960671.jpg

Ole Yde designed Princess Mary's blue-tiered gown she wore for Joachim and Marie's wedding.
Lovely gown, better than the gown she wore for Joachim and Marie's wedding. The bow is good addition.
I love the hairstyle, radiant make-up. Mary knows how to make a good impression.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Nov. 4, 2009 Evening concert in Hue

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 11-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

She looks so lovely in the close-up:

Picture details

I like these soft colours of her outfit combined with the red polished nails, her make-up is wonderful and I love the earrings.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
Nov. 4, 2009 Evening concert in Hue

BelgaPicture - Category details
Beautiful outfit.

Picture details

But she possible shouldn't have leant like this.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

The top from the concert is really lovely
I also like her earrings and ring.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Fantastic casually elegant outfit for a rock concert!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

I loved this romantic blouse with the white pants. The jewels were all lovely, too!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Nobility

I can't remember seeing Mary with nail polish before. I think it looks good.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Royal Highness

She looks gorgeous. Fred seems to agree:)
Old 11-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenways View Post
I can't remember seeing Mary with nail polish before. I think it looks good.
A very few occasions...I love the red.

I absolutely adore her outfits in Vietnam, especially the off-the-shoulder tiered dress. So regal and elegant! I usually don't like tiered dresses (they end up looking like wedding cakes) but Mary has the figure for it.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

CP Mary looked like a premadonna ballerina in her tiered pale pink off the shoulder dress with the black bow- I loved it!!! She manages to look sexy with restraint! Her hair and jewels were perfect.

The concert outfit was posh indeed, I loved Mary's arms draped around Frederik-that was a sweet and tender moment shared between husband and wife.