The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Courtier

Normally, I have only words of praise for Mary's outfits. But this time I absolutely hate the entire ensemble: the top is just ugly, too loose and fit for and older woman, the skirt is too long and I don't like the print either. This outfit just doesn't work for me.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't care for this outfit at all. The top is nice by itself, but not with the skirt. The skirt is pretty, but the length is strange. It doesn't flatter her figure. It needed to be slightly shorter, I think.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Royal Highness

This is one outfit that needs to stay in the back of her closet. sgl, you're right, it doesn't flatter her at all.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

i think that the length is comparable with the gold dress she wore to the culture prize last year - seen here- that I liked but very many people didnt. it is an akward length. with the gold dress, i felt that the colour (especially because it was so unusual, and one block colour) and design (especially the neckline) worked well with it.
in this case however, the skirt's odd colouring and the top it was paired with (much worse than the one she wore in london IMO (and i only mean with the skirt, not necessarily by itself)) meant that the length of the skirt was the nail on the coffin for me
Old 09-30-2009, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I thought the skirt was pretty and I liked the length.
The top is also very pretty but IMO does not look good in photographs, it seems you can see the bra or the camisole worn under. Its one of those tops which is not camera friendly.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:03 AM
Serene Highness

Don't like this outfit for Mary. The skirt is a bit too long. I think it's a sad outfit for her. She has done better!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-30-2009, 05:04 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
i think that the length is comparable with the gold dress she wore to the culture prize last year - seen here- that I liked but very many people didnt. it is an akward length. with the gold dress, i felt that the colour (especially because it was so unusual, and one block colour) and design (especially the neckline) worked well with it.
in this case however, the skirt's odd colouring and the top it was paired with (much worse than the one she wore in london IMO (and i only mean with the skirt, not necessarily by itself)) meant that the length of the skirt was the nail on the coffin for me
yes exactly. i was thinking of the gold dress too. i did like the dress but i think the length is very unflattering, in general.
the top is terrible, when will royals stop using material that allows the bra shining through in combination with flashlight photography
Imageshack - mette9ef.jpg
Old 09-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
I actually liked the gold dress. The fit had a lot to do with it. Very flattering on her, but the top and skirt made her look old.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
yes exactly. i was thinking of the gold dress too. i did like the dress but i think the length is very unflattering, in general.
the top is terrible, when will royals stop using material that allows the bra shining through in combination with flashlight photography
Imageshack - mette9ef.jpg
I've never seen something as horrible as that worn by Mary I think I'll wait for her next appearance
Old 09-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Images dont really look like "evening wear" on the Princess- way to casual, looks more like sportswear. Although I know this is about CP Mary- Is it me, or did anyone else notice how amazing Prince Frederik's silk suit is in Pic 1? the tailoring is impeccable!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:23 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, I agree with the rest of you, this outfit, esp. the length of the skirt gives, the otherwise gorgeous CPss a frumpish look, try better next time Mary
Old 10-01-2009, 03:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I think this outfit is really awful, not for Mary.
She deserves bright colours, beautiful long or not dresses.
Hope Mary's next fashion choice will be more attrective than this one.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Oct 5, 2009 - Mary in lace long sleeve top (I think its recycled) matched with a greyish/silver pants.
IMO, the pants are ill-fitting, they seem to be quite baggy from the waist but at the ankles they seem to be a fit fitted, looks the wrong size.
I like the simple hair and make up.

Full View ** Close Up
Old 10-06-2009, 04:59 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

that's an old ladies outfit, the pants are ill-fitted and the blouse combo looks strange / old fashioned. not my taste at all. black and silver is usually a winner but not in this case.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

The pants are perfectly ugly - must be one of the worst pieces of clothing I've ever seen on Mary.
The combination with delicate black lace doesn't work, and with the blouse being this long, the whole silhouette has a weird, somewhat distorted look.
A surprisingly bad evening look. Stiff silver pipes as pants are a no-go.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Gentry

Possibly the worst outfit I've ever seen Mary in , horrible silver pants and an ill fitted too long not matching lace top.....BRRRRR
Old 10-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Oct 5, 2009 - Mary in lace long sleeve top (I think its recycled) matched with a greyish/silver pants.
IMO, the pants are ill-fitting, they seem to be quite baggy from the waist but at the ankles they seem to be a fit fitted, looks the wrong size.
I like the simple hair and make up.

Full View ** Close Up
Mary also has this top in gold, which she's worn many times (the official pics of Isabella for example). The blouse itself is okay, the pants are not the most flattering or attractive. They're very, boxy, for a lack of better terminology.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Courtier

I might be on my lonesome here but I really love the lacy top. The pants well they are ok. The hairstyle I think suits Mary.
Most of all Mary looks healthly and happy and also beautiful.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the top, it reminds me of Spanish Lace. But those are always tricky and can look bulky, which it does in this case. Pants/Clutch not my favorite, but just okay. Hair & Make-up nicely done.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Courtier

I don't like the entire ensemble, it was very mismatched an unattractive, in my opinion. The lace top is passably nice, although it will perhaps look better on Mary in 5-10 years’ time and certainly with different pants. The pants are dreadful: here is a hope she will never wear them again.

And this comes right after that disastrous black top / patterned skirt outfit. Hopeully, Mary will be back to her ever elegant self soon.