Royal Blogger

Full gown. :)

Picture details
Picture details
Old 01-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

BelgaPicture - Quick search
here more photos
i love the fur, she is using the handbag from last year and i love the dress!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17698409.jpg

I like the gown but I am not a huge fan of the shiny orange material wrapped around as well as part of the train. It looks to be detachable, being held together with the brooch.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think it's a beautiful gown, and if the skirt is detachable, then we may see a reincarnation later this year.

Picture details

Picture details - Back.
Picture details

Love the off the shoulder look.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Thet's interesting gown but I don't like Mary's pale and thin look.
Maybe that lights...
Old 01-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

i like the idea of the detachable skirt , it might changeafter foranother ocasiion, good idea1
Old 01-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Courtier

I love the gown and its colour...at least its not a dark colour that she wears all of the time.
This is a bold color departure for CP Mary and she looks absolutely fantastic.
Picture details

The wrap style and the combination of 2 materials make this dress interesting. The material may appear shiny because of the camera flashes!

I would so love to see a photo of this dress from inside the palace!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Front view
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17698457.jpg
Back view
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17698471.jpg
Mary close up
Picture details

Lovely gown but I am not a fan of the shiny fabric. The colour is great but I don't like it together with the Ruby tiara. Orange does not work with silver or red, the main colours of Mary's tiara and her other jewellery, but suits gold or gold-ish colours (the elephant order and the light brown fur Mary is wearing). To make the colour mess complete Mary chose a silver clutch ... each piece is beautiful and very elegant but I don't like the combination / differences in style (orange-gold-silver-red) that Mary chose for tonight.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Courtier

I totally agree with you Duke, the gown is very pretty, actually one of my favorites in her, but it just doesnt work with that tiara, perhaps her wedding tiara would've been better, the orange outshines the ruby and there is too much going on, the bright color, the tiara, the fur, the order.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

Mary looks regal. In first moment I did not like the shining part of her gown but looking again I think it is nice addition, it makes dress looking more elegant. It is very glamorous dress and it has beautiful color that fits Mary's pale completion well. I like her fur too.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 01-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

i wish we could see a better photo of her hair!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Courtier

I think the wrapped part at the waist is detachable. Maybe the dress will be recycled without the bottom section. I can't wait!

I am just so happy that CP Mary is in this bold new color!
Old 01-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Front view
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17698457.jpg
Back view
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17698471.jpg
Mary close up
Picture details

Lovely gown but I am not a fan of the shiny fabric. The colour is great but I don't like it together with the Ruby tiara. Orange does not work with silver or red, the main colours of Mary's tiara and her other jewellery, but suits gold or gold-ish colours (the elephant order and the light brown fur Mary is wearing). To make the colour mess complete Mary chose a silver clutch ... each piece is beautiful and very elegant but I don't like the combination / differences in style (orange-gold-silver-red) that Mary chose for tonight.
She looks regal although I dislike orange colour.I like the fur and I love her wonderful tiara
Old 01-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not sure if I like this gown or not. It has a very nice shape, I think its colour is flattering against her complexion and it looks regal, but I'm simply not a fan of orange and especially not of this shining fabric, JMHO. I agree as well that the Ruby-Tiara and this shade of colour aren't a good match. I'm afraid, this is not one of my favourite gowns of Mary. But after all she looked glowing, her make up is lovely and I love the fur stole.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Imo the colour of the dress doesn't suit Mary at all. It also doesn't really match the rubies.
The cut of the dress is lovely. It would have been better in a different colour.
So far this is my least favourite New Year's Gala look.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I would adore this dress if it was in blue or silver.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I may change my mind after a more detailed look but from what I can see the gown is gorgeous. But worn completely wrong. It would be perfection in the summer, on a tanned Mary, with different jewelry. Her wedding tiara and a big necklace and earrings would have looked better. It is just all wrong in the winter on her skin, and with the fur and the rubies. Usually Mary never gets it wrong, but she has been making odd choices lately. But I cant wait to see this dress again at a later date though.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Majesty

Joining the majority, I have to say that the orange colour is not particularly flattering for Crown Princess Mary. A cold bold colour such red, purple and blue would have been much better and nicely accentuated noble paleness of her complexion. The style of the dress, make-up and hairstyle were flawless.